ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faisalmehmood
Newly Registered

Re: Need Help regarding filling of Appendix 2

Post by faisalmehmood » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi All

I am applying my wife visa under settlement category. i work as a director of my own Private limited company based in UK and my income is based on Dividends and Salary. I am struggling to fill the Appendix 2 financial form as i am unsure under what category i need to apply as Category A (salaried employment ) or Category C (Self Employment ). As per immigration rules, directors of limited company are treated as self employed for the purpose of meeting financial requirements, but in Category C, there is a question about,

Are you registered as a self Employed with HMRC . ?. yes / No

`i am not sure what to say as i am working as a director but not registered as self employed.

Can anyone guide me please that what category i need to select to submit the application, if its category C, then what to write in above mentioned question.

i am really very grateful.

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:43 am

Hi

I just called HO regrading which dates Set LR applications are being considered? The operator was very nice and told me she cant give give out information abut a specific case however Set LR applications for April 2015 have been started in current week.

Now i am hoping some to hear some approvals in coming few days. :lol: :lol:

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Need Help regarding filling of Appendix 2

Post by immee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:02 am

faisalmehmood wrote:Hi All

I am applying my wife visa under settlement category. i work as a director of my own Private limited company based in UK and my income is based on Dividends and Salary. I am struggling to fill the Appendix 2 financial form as i am unsure under what category i need to apply as Category A (salaried employment ) or Category C (Self Employment ). As per immigration rules, directors of limited company are treated as self employed for the purpose of meeting financial requirements, but in Category C, there is a question about,

Are you registered as a self Employed with HMRC . ?. yes / No

`i am not sure what to say as i am working as a director but not registered as self employed.

Can anyone guide me please that what category i need to select to submit the application, if its category C, then what to write in above mentioned question.

i am really very grateful.
I am not an expert but you could fill in Category "C" , answer it "No" and would provide additional details on a covering letter..You wouldnt be paying Class 2 NIC but you must be doing your personal tax returns as a director of a limited company to calculate your personal tax liability... you can attach copies of those or SA302 along with a letter from your accountant.. "Whatever gives a true and fair view"...But to be honest you should be registered for self employment to get your UTR No.. otherwise i am not sure how would you do your SATR without this ? Once you are registered for self assessment you can call HMRC and ask them that you are a director and not sole trader / partner and they should not charge any class2 NIC..

But let's c what the expert members of this forum recommends, above is just my personal view..

Mysterymeow

Post by Mysterymeow » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:13 am

Hi guys!
Good news - received my indefinite leave to remain yesterday :D :D . It was delivered in a plastic envelope second class signed for. Letter dated 17 June. My degree was in there and it was all creased sadly. But sweet, sweet joy! So relieved. Here's hoping for a ton more approvals this week. Thanks for all your guidance! Xx would someone kindly update my info on the spreadsheet.

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:19 pm

Congratulations Mysterymeow! I have updated your records on the spreadsheet! All the best for the future!
Mysterymeow wrote:Hi guys!
Good news - received my indefinite leave to remain yesterday :D :D . It was delivered in a plastic envelope second class signed for. Letter dated 17 June. My degree was in there and it was all creased sadly. But sweet, sweet joy! So relieved. Here's hoping for a ton more approvals this week. Thanks for all your guidance! Xx would someone kindly update my info on the spreadsheet.
[/quote]

dream40

Post by dream40 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Congratulations for your Ilr

dream40

Post by dream40 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:31 pm

Congratulations mysterymeow
Enjoy freedom and wait and count days for June 2016 to be eligible for naturalization
Best of luck
I am waiting for my wife set lr applied same as you on 4 April very straightforward case all 10 year dependant on me
Applied for my daughte 11 year same date but daughter got Indefinite in 3 weeks time
Dream 40

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:04 pm

Anyone applying for FLR(M) with minor dependents (Under 18) do you know if they have to pay Immigration Health Surcharge.??

. Also has anyone came through a situation such as ours... they have current leave to remain as dependents under my previous category of T2 until Jan 2017...

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Mysterymeow wrote:Hi guys!
Congrats Mystreymeow
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:23 pm

immee wrote:Anyone applying for FLR(M) with minor dependents (Under 18) do you know if they have to pay Immigration Health Surcharge.??

. Also has anyone came through a situation such as ours... they have current leave to remain as dependents under my previous category of T2 until Jan 2017...
I believe under 18 minor born abroad. yes u need to pay IHS for every person who is applying a visa even newly born child.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Zee ali wrote:
immee wrote:Anyone applying for FLR(M) with minor dependents (Under 18) do you know if they have to pay Immigration Health Surcharge.??

I believe under 18 minor born abroad. yes u need to pay IHS for every person who is applying a visa even newly born child.
I thought so... The calculator given on the Gov. website is useless as it gives you very limited options and is not very clear.. But i will pay this to be on a safe side...

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:38 pm

immee wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

I thought so... The calculator given on the Gov. website is useless as it gives you very limited options and is not very clear.. But i will pay this to be on a safe side...
Strange: I have gone on a Gov. website, filled in relevant details, the immigration health charge is coming as £1000 i.e. £500 for a mother & £500 for a child. (It did gave me an option to choose FLR(M)). I thought it was £200/Person Per Annum, then how on earth it is calculating £1000 ? It even doesn't say if this is for a year, two years, 5 years ,,,nothing at all...

Has anyone came through same issue ?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:18 am

They r correct. Flrm visa issue for 2.5 years

so 200 per year means £500 for 2.5 years.

makbar53667
Newly Registered

Post by makbar53667 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:55 am

Dear All,

I got my ILR today through 10 years long residence. My case was very complicated I stayed out of country 11 months because of my poor health. I have been gone through under a operation in NHS. I have disclosed these information in my application and they have considered it and granted me the ILR. I would say they are Good or just pray for the person who is going to deal with your case. Good and bad people exist everywhere. So hope for the best and don't give up so easily.

Once again good luck to everyone.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:43 am

makbar53667 wrote:Dear All,

I got my ILR today through 10 years long residence. My case was very complicated I stayed out of country 11 months because of my poor health. I have been gone through under a operation in NHS. I have disclosed these information in my application and they have considered it and granted me the ILR. I would say they are Good or just pray for the person who is going to deal with your case. Good and bad people exist everywhere. So hope for the best and don't give up so easily.

Once again good luck to everyone.
Congrats

R u on google sheet?

Kindly share your timeline

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:02 pm

By the Grace of Almighty Allah. I got my ILR. Alhumdlillah.

Just received a call from solicitor.

Timeline is as follow

Set lr Applied: 02/04/2015
Acknowledgement: 09/04/2015
Biometric received: 20/04/2015
Biometric done: 21/04/2015
Brp Received 22/06/2015 dated (18/06/2015)
Documents: Not received yet

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi Guys...

Congrats to all who got their approvals.

I just received 3rd Email today( 22nd June 2015) stating application is still under consideration.
2nd Email was on 22nd May 2015
Both email are at same date of the month and same time as well , Just getting worried , is it normal or is it automatic emails.

Regards
Khan

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Khan1980 wrote:Hi Guys...

I just received 3rd Email today( 22nd June 2015) stating application is still under consideration.
Both email are at same date of the month and same time as well , Just getting worried , is it normal or is it automatic emails.

Regards
Khan
@khan1980 Dont worry u r next man. I know waiting is very difficult specially when u see people applied after u getting visas.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Zee ali wrote:

Regards
Khan
@khan1980 Dont worry u r next man. I know waiting is very difficult specially when u see people applied after u getting visas.
Thanks a lot Zee for ur support and courage , inshallah I will good news soon , really happy for u , I am just concerned about 3rd Email. Not lot of applicants getting more than 2 emails.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:22 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

Regards
Khan
Thanks a lot Zee for ur support and courage , inshallah I will good news soon , really happy for u , I am just concerned about 3rd Email. Not lot of applicants getting more than 2 emails.
Is your case straight forward?

One of my friend has pending appeal he did not withdraw and apply set lr he also got 3rd email today.

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Zee ali wrote:By the Grace of Almighty Allah. I got my ILR. Alhumdlillah.

Timeline is as follow

Congratulations my man. Well done. It feels good to see that you have been approved. Broadly speaking, you have contributed quite a lot on this forum, and you simply deserve it. I hope you hang around here with your valuable comments. All the best best my friend.

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:42 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

Regards
Khan
Hey Khan, stop worrying. You will be fine. In fact, you should be happy that it is been considered. Others have waited 9 months without even a single email.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:38 pm

Is your case straight forward?

One of my friend has pending appeal he did not withdraw and apply set lr he also got 3rd email today.[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Yes Zee , straight forward case , Student + PSW + EEA2
All documents have been provided but we recently changed our address and have notified HO. I don't know , this could be problem or not ???

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:43 pm

SEL7 wrote:
Zee ali wrote:By the Grace of Almighty Allah. I got my ILR. Alhumdlillah.

Timeline is as follow

Congratulations my man. Well done. It feels good to see that you have been approved. Broadly speaking, you have contributed quite a lot on this forum, and you simply deserve it. I hope you hang around here with your valuable comments. All the best best my friend.
Thanks SEL7. I am not going anywhere. This forum is really a blessing for us.

Basra

Post by Basra » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:07 pm

@khan1980,
Email system vary person by person,it's all depend on caseworker team,I have applied same category on 22 April 2015 but still I did not received any email yet, my case is very complicated I am worry about it.
Dnt worry about email......