ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of compelling or compassionate reasons for Absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atrang

Evidence of compelling or compassionate reasons for Absence

Post by atrang » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:47 am

Hi gurus,

I have a query regarding Absences to be declared during ILR application. I normally visit my home country for 3 weeks every year but last year I spent 6 weeks there. This is the only absence in last year I work as a Limited Company Director and this was the period between my 2 contracts. Now, what kind of letter do I need to submit with my application?
Since I cannot submit any employer's letter, I was advised by one of my friends to select compelling or compassionate reasons but I am not sure what kind of evidence can be submitted for this? If I don't have any medical certificates to show, is there anything else that I can show or explain ? For what other reasons, can I opt for compelling and compassionate reason?

Please advise me guys as I am really worried about this.

Thanking all in anticipation.

Go12
Member of Standing

Re: Evidence of compelling or compassionate reasons for Abse

Post by Go12 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi,
Just state that you had been for family visit ,show them ur passport stamps that's it.search through the site,u will get self explanatory letters for absences that people have written.Dont simply say compassionate reasons cause they will ask u proof like death certificates or medical certificate etc.you will be in more trouble.keep the letter simple and truthful.
Thanks