ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got EEA FP. What next? please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wi13b051

Got EEA FP. What next? please help

Post by wi13b051 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:49 am

Hi all,

I just got an EEA Family permit and soon schedule to go to England in about a months time. My wife just got a job in England and has left to work there.

My toddler and I will be joining my wife soon. Now I understand from this forum that I have to apply for EEA2 as soon as I get in.

My question now is will my little child also apply for EEA1 like the mother?

I am very curious. I hope someone will tell me how this will works.

Regards

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Got EEA FP. What next? please help

Post by chaoclive » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:11 pm

wi13b051 wrote:Hi all,

I just got an EEA Family permit and soon schedule to go to England in about a months time. My wife just got a job in England and has left to work there.

My toddler and I will be joining my wife soon. Now I understand from this forum that I have to apply for EEA2 as soon as I get in.

My question now is will my little child also apply for EEA1 like the mother?

I am very curious. I hope someone will tell me how this will works.

Regards
If your child is an EEA citizen, he/she won't need an EEA1. EEA1 is voluntary and your wife doesn't even have to apply. See below for more about EEA1 (now known as EEA(QP)),

You do not have to apply for EEA2 as soon as you enter the UK. However, you should apply as this would make things easier for you to prove your right to work in the UK, as well as to get a bank account etc. You can apply as soon your wife has proof of her employment, e.g. pay slips/a contract/a letter from her employer. You will also need to get some proof of your residence in the UK. When my partner moved to the UK with me, we put his name on the TV license first of all and then used this to apply for a bank account with the Cooperative Bank. I also put his name on our Sky internet and TV bill, as well as on the tenancy agreement (alongside mine).

I did apply for EEA1 (as it was known at that time) but this was not 100% necessary as EEA nationals don't actually need to prove their right to live/work in the UK. The EEA1 does make it easier when you apply for your residence card as the Home Office has already verified that your wife is a 'qualified person' under the EEA regulations.

wi13b051

Traveling without EEA Family on EEA FP HELP!!!

Post by wi13b051 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:01 am

Hi Everyone,

I have an EEA Family permit and soon schedule to travel to join my wife. The EEA Family permit says
VISA EEA FP : FAMILY MEMBER to acc XXXX
My question now is must I travel side by side with my wife or can I go join here there? She's currently in the UK working. She will be waiting for me at the airport.

I intend of purchase my ticket today, I hope airline will not give problem requesting where my EEA family member is.

Please kindly help clear up this little confusion I have thanks.

Regards

wi13b051

Re: Traveling without EEA Family on EEA FP HELP!!!

Post by wi13b051 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Anyone please contribute ?

cafeconleche

Post by cafeconleche » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:19 pm

You can join your family member in the UK. Take proof of the family relationship with you, and if possible, proof that the family member is in the UK (payslip, for example).

What did you put down in your application? Follow, or accompany?

wi13b051

Post by wi13b051 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:49 pm

In my application, I indicated I will be accompanying my wife and son to the UK for less than a week. After I submitted the application, my wife got a job in the UK, She left to the UK two weeks ago and she is yet to receive her first pay.

I am planning to travel to her soon and I do want to make sure I don't cause any kind of confusion or go against what i put in the application. Since my wife is there, I will be traveling without my son until we settle, then can bring him

I plan on applying for EEA2 when in the UK.

This is the reason I asked if I have to travel side by side with my wife. What proofs does my wife have to bring with her to the airport to meet me and what do I have to take with me? She will be awaiting for me at Stansted airport as that's where I will be flying to.

Your advice and input in this matter will be highly appreciated thanks

Regards

wi13b051

Post by wi13b051 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:03 pm

Any comprehensive advice on this ? please ?