ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Certified" copy of passport for Visa application?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dan_N
Newly Registered

"Certified" copy of passport for Visa application?

Post by dan_N » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

Was just hoping somebody could tell me what the best way to get a certified copy of my passport for my wife's visa application would be?

Thanks a lot!

Dan & Jo

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:38 pm

Are you in the UK. In that case, a solicitor can certify a copy of a passport.

Some won't do it, and some charge a lot, especially bearing in mind that you might need to have each page (even the blank ones) certified. Some will charge significantly less if you take in the copies yourself rather than have the solicitor's office do them. So it pays to shop around.

dan_N
Newly Registered

Post by dan_N » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:47 pm

hi christophe.

yeah i'm in the uk - i was wondering whether the IAS would have any solicitors that could certify the copies for me for free?

a little cheeky i know but money's kind of thin on the ground at the moment :oops:

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:00 pm

I think you will probably find that the IAS do very little for free now! besides, not all of their consultants are solicitors.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:10 am

Just go to the post office, they have a certification service. It's not free, but it's convenient.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:15 am

I got 3 passports certified by solicitor who dealt with my house buy. He didn't charge a penny.

dan_N
Newly Registered

Post by dan_N » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:12 am

Dawie wrote:Just go to the post office, they have a certification service. It's not free, but it's convenient.
cool - will do!

thanks for the replys everyone - this board is a godsend!

:D