ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Palestinian Travel Document Not Recognised!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

melhaj
Newly Registered

Palestinian Travel Document Not Recognised!

Post by melhaj » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:25 pm

Hi,

I recently submitted an application for a Schengen visa to Spain via VFS office in Manchester.
The process took exactly one month and after that I received an email from VFS that the Spanish consulate could not recognise my travel document and therefore my application will not be processed.

I have a Palestinian Travel document from Lebanon, something that looks like this:
http://image.almanar.com.lb/english/upimg/frank4.jpg

I live in UK on a tier 2 visa working at a University as a doctor. I've been to many EU countries including Germany, Italy, France, Switzerland, Poland, Iceland ...etc in addition to US and Japan. Usually the visa application takes long but I get the visa in the end, I just can't get my head around this issue of not recognising my travel document!

I wonder if it's normal for a country not to recognise a travel document? any advice on how to solve the problem. I tried to contact the Spanish consulate but they didn't answer and no response to my emails. I want to complain but don't know how or to whom!

Someone at the University's travel office suggested I get a temporary travel document from UK for the purpose of this trip (which is important for my job) but not sure how this can be done?

Thanks,
Adam