ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Question on Dates

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sydney_chick
Newly Registered

ILR Question on Dates

Post by sydney_chick » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:14 pm

OK, so I know that you can apply for ILR 5 years from the date you entered the country on the WP - but what about if you were already in the country (on a WHM visa) when it was issued, thus meaning that you didn't need to 'enter the country'.
What date does the 5 years go from then?
(This is not a random question - this actually applies to me). My first WP says 24 July 2008 (it was a 5 year one), so this means it was granted on the 24th of July 2003, right? Then the Home Office have stamped it: 28 July 2003. I didn't take a vacation until November, which would be the first time I left the country and came back in on this work permit, despite obviously working under this permit between July and November, since I was already in the country.
My 5 year period (for the ILR) ends in July, right?
Any help here would be appreciated.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:48 am

Your WP clock started ticking on 28th July 2003

sydney_chick
Newly Registered

Post by sydney_chick » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:01 pm

[quote="Siggi"]Your WP clock started ticking on 28th July 2003[/quote]

Thanks - hoped that might be the case. ILR next year here I come!!!

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:08 pm

I'm in a similar situation - arrived on WHM then changed to HSMP. My HSMP is dated 18 Feb but was not stamped until I came back into the country after a holiday in April. Will I need to provide evidence that I was in the UK already? If so, what can I provide or who should I contact to have this corrected?