ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) job change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helpMeOut
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) job change

Post by helpMeOut » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 visa. I have completed 1.5 years on my visa (still 1.5 years left on the current visa). I wish to change jobs to a different employer willing to provide me CoS. To change jobs, will it be considered as a new Tier 2 General application or an extenstion?
What duration will I get the new visa for if I change jobs now? Will I still be able to apply for Tier 2 General extension to complete my 5 years towards ILR?

Please point me in the right direction regarding this.

- Sam

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 (General) job change

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:21 pm

helpMeOut wrote:Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 visa. I have completed 1.5 years on my visa (still 1.5 years left on the current visa). I wish to change jobs to a different employer willing to provide me CoS. To change jobs, will it be considered as a new Tier 2 General application or an extenstion?
You need to apply for a new Tier 2 visa. You can do it within UK.

What duration will I get the new visa for if I change jobs now? Will I still be able to apply for Tier 2 General extension to complete my 5 years towards ILR?
Depends on the duration mentioned on the new CoS. Yes, you can.

- Sam

helpMeOut
Newly Registered

Post by helpMeOut » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:03 pm

moonlight55 wrote:
helpMeOut wrote:Hi,

You need to apply for a new Tier 2 visa. You can do it within UK.

Depends on the duration mentioned on the new CoS. Yes, you can.

- Sam
Many thanks moonlight55.

My new employer is able to provide Cos for a total of 3 years. Does this mean that at the end of this I will have 4.5 years of Tier2 General residence (1.5 years on current visa + 3 on new visa). Will I then be able to apply for an extension (based on the relevant rules at the time) at the end of 4.5 years to make up 6 more months for ILR?

Thanks,
- Sam

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:13 pm

Yes, that correct.

helpMeOut
Newly Registered

Post by helpMeOut » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:13 pm

moonlight55 wrote:Yes, that correct.
Thanks so much moonlight55. Your help is highly appreciated :D :D

kjm35
Newly Registered

Post by kjm35 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:50 pm

How long did it take for you to change employers and receive a new CoS?

I have had an application with the home office since 11th May however still no answer with a new CoS.

Would really like to know your timelines if possible... I have just received a curtailment letter on the 17th June however I have got an application in process..

Thanks