ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after the issue of settlement spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suryavaddi

Travel after the issue of settlement spouse visa

Post by suryavaddi » Thu May 07, 2015 3:30 pm

Dear Moderators,

My friend's wife and 2 kids got a 30 month settlement visa on 24th of April 2015. They cannot travel immediately but he plans to bring them to UK by 15th of June. Is there any legal repercussions? Will they be asked questions at airport or whether there will be any issue?

Any urgent help will be much appreciated.
Surya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel after the issue of settlement spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:37 pm

If they applied for entry clearance from their home country the visa should be for 33 months. The extra 3 months is to allow for traveling without putting their 30 months (2.5 years validity) towards their 5 year qualifying residence for ILR. Traveling later than 3 months after visa issue will mean they will fall short of the requirement and will need 2 extensions instead of just 1.

No issue at immigration when they arrive even if it is after a couple of months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Thu May 07, 2015 3:59 pm

CR001 wrote:If they applied for entry clearance from their home country the visa should be for 33 months. The extra 3 months is to allow for traveling without putting their 30 months (2.5 years validity) towards their 5 year qualifying residence for ILR. Traveling later than 3 months after visa issue will mean they will fall short of the requirement and will need 2 extensions instead of just 1.

No issue at immigration when they arrive even if it is after a couple of months.
Thank you very much CR001
Surya

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:30 pm

suryavaddi wrote:
CR001 wrote:If they applied for entry clearance from their home country the visa should be for 33 months. The extra 3 months is to allow for traveling without putting their 30 months (2.5 years validity) towards their 5 year qualifying residence for ILR. Traveling later than 3 months after visa issue will mean they will fall short of the requirement and will need 2 extensions instead of just 1.
Thank you very much CR001

Dear CR001

I would like to get advise regarding my wife's visa. I got British Citizen passport in April 2015.

1. My wife got first entry clearance as Tier 1 General Partner on 11/10/2011, then she got extension as PBS Dependent Leave to Remain on 11/09/2012 and till 11/09/2015 then we lived together till 06/08/14 in UK then she went to India but will be continued in India until another five months (Staying in India after expired her visa).

2. Her visa will be expired on 11/09/2015.

3. Can she apply from home country after expired her visa.

4. If she can then which form she needs to fill.

Could you please advise to proceed.
Surya

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:45 am

As Obie advised, she may apply to join you as a partner of a settled person. Same as your friend's wife.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:13 pm

vinny wrote:As Obie advised, she may apply to join you as a partner of a settled person. Same as your friend's wife.
Thanks Vinny
Surya