ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET M FORM

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kainaat1
Newly Registered

ILR SET M FORM

Post by Kainaat1 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi,

My husband is applying for his ILR in the UK. He has his appointment on 25th June 2015.
Please could someone tell me if it will be a problem that i am in my overdraft. As i have seen a few posts that it does not matter if in overdraft as all they want to see if £18,600 is there.

I would be grateful for a reply. So i can be rest assured.
Thanks in advance
Kainaat1
Newly Registered

Help with U

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET M FORM

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:45 pm

When you say 'see if £18,600 is there' do you mean earnings of £18,600 per annum? When did your husband apply for his first spouse visa?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kainaat1
Newly Registered

Post by Kainaat1 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi Casa,

Yes sorry earnings £18,600. HE got his 1st spouse visa on 25.05.12 so he can apply for ILR now as he is in the old rules

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Then he doesn't need to show earnings of £18,600. The requirement is "to demonstrate ability to adequately accommodate and maintain without recourse to public funds". The overdraft won't be a problem as long as you can show that you are able to support yourselves on the income you have.
Don't forget that even though your husband in under 'the old rules' he will need the Life in the UK pass certificate and B1 level English unless he's exempt by nationality.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kainaat1
Newly Registered

Post by Kainaat1 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi Casa

Many thanks for explaining. My husband has done the LIUK TEST N B1 TEST. Just to clarify I am claiming tax credits as me n our kids are British born, even thou my husbands name is on the tax credits (as per law it's has to be in joint names) it clearly shows I am claiming for myself only. Is that correct.

Kainaat1
Newly Registered

Post by Kainaat1 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi Casa

Please could you help
On section 8 your home and finances.

I am confused as what I am supposed to be writing.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:48 pm

You're claiming tax credits correctly and this won't affect your husband's application.
(Casa, not CR001)

Kainaat1
Newly Registered

Post by Kainaat1 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Kainaat1 wrote:Hi Casa

Please could you help
On section 8 your home and finances.

I am confused as what I am supposed to be writing.