ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 yeas ILR - Passport lost by BRITISH HIGH COM ISLAMABAD

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xecutioner01
Newly Registered

10 yeas ILR - Passport lost by BRITISH HIGH COM ISLAMABAD

Post by xecutioner01 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:56 am

I am 6 months short to complete my 10 years stay since i first enter the UK on jan 2006.

But this was becuase my passprt was lost by BHC islamabad after visa approval for my student application dated 6 june 2005 and which was approved after an interview. All communication is documented alongwith passport getting misplwced by BHC islamabad.

My question now is can I claim this 6 months delayed entry as exceptional circumstances? Any chance i can apply my ILR now?? I am on tier 2 (general) atm with expiry till 2018.

WR1

Re: 10 yeas ILR - Passport lost by BRITISH HIGH COM ISLAMABA

Post by WR1 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:41 am

xecutioner01 wrote:My question now is can I claim this 6 months delayed entry as exceptional circumstances? Any chance i can apply my ILR now?? I am on tier 2 (general) atm with expiry till 2018.
No.

Sometimes the unfortunate does occur and there is no provision that will allow you to apply early in the circumstances.

I wouldn't risk finding a way round. You have been waiting almost 10 years, what's another 6 months? Besides, its not like your visa is expiring before the 10 year completion, you have until 2018.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

xecutioner01
Newly Registered

Re: 10 yeas ILR - Passport lost by BRITISH HIGH COM ISLAMABA

Post by xecutioner01 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:30 pm

I am currently on tier 2 (general) and my company can close anytime because of poor sales.

This is one of the main reason I am looking around for a way.

xecutioner01
Newly Registered

Re: Does CCJ or default affect 10 years long residence- ILR

Post by xecutioner01 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:37 am

DO you know what happens in case of only defaults? No CCJs but few default accounts.