ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Uzma-Ali20
Newly Registered

Re: Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

Post by Uzma-Ali20 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi,
Can anyone tell me what questions normally Home office representative asks when they call the sponsor in UK?
Thanks in advance for help!
Uzma

Uzma-Ali20
Newly Registered

Post by Uzma-Ali20 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:02 am

P.S. How many sets of photocopies of application form and supporting documents are required to submitt along with origional documents at Visa Aplication centre?

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:33 pm

HI Everyone,

My sister applied for General Visit visa for 6 months last month and she got the visa. Below is the timeline:

Online Application Made : 19th May, 2015
Document Submission: 22nd May, 2015
Notification Email received on 31st May 2015 that the application has been received by British Embassy Abu Dhabi
Sponsor Confirmation Call : 2nd June, 2015.
Send e-mail on 8th June, 2015 for status update and got reply same day that application has been processed and a decision has been made.
E-mail from Visa Application Centre to collect passport: 9th of June, 2015.
Passport collected : 10th June, 2015.

The only noticeable thing in that is there was no concluded e-mail due to which we were afraid that visa might have been refused but actually it was not. Happy in the end :)

Regards,
Hassan

shazia786

Post by shazia786 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:09 pm

Uzma-Ali20 wrote:Hi,
Can anyone tell me what questions normally Home office representative asks when they call the sponsor in UK?
Thanks in advance for help!
Uzma
Uzma
I was asked the following:
You are sponsoring somoneone?
Names? Dates of birth? Relation?
Asked me to spell their names and confirmed dates if birth.
What they did.
How many children they have.
Have i sponsored anyone else in pazt 2 years (i think)
How long staying for
What i did/job.
Thank that was it.

Uzma-Ali20
Newly Registered

Post by Uzma-Ali20 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi ,

Thank you so much ''shazia786'' for taking time and replying to my query.
have a lovely day

keeno
Newly Registered

Post by keeno » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:19 am

Hi All

Parents just got the visa now looking for flights from khi to heathrow and it looks like it ll be cheaper if i pay in £ rather than them paying in pkr. Just wanted to know if anyone has done it before? I dont want them to be held at khi airport for taxes or foreign payment.

Apologies i know this forum isnt fr flights but cant think of where else to ask.

Best regards

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:00 am

Hi Keeno,
It should not be a problem. You can purchase ticket from anywhere and taxes etc are included in the fare.

Thanks,
Hassan

shazia786

Post by shazia786 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:28 pm

Has anyone used the services of a solicitor be it be in Pakistan or another country or here in the UK. Or even tbeir MP
My brother-in-laws enquired with regards to why my in-laws visit visa was refused and they have suggested various things we should do in-order to make the case stronger and have asked us to consult with our MP as well.
I'm just a little cautious as to whether this is something we should or shouldn't do. Obviously i dont want to spend loads on fees for it to not work out again.
One of the reasons was that the immigration officer thought they had property from which they received income as lettings but they do not - this is the property in which they live.
They've mentioned something about possibly having some bonds etc
I just dont want to do anything through which it could jeprodise the application.
Please could someone kindly give some guidance

Bamtexltd
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bamtexltd » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:35 pm

Bamtexltd wrote:The ECO must be stupid, because he rang me and ask me that who is going to pay for flight ticket and I said myself not my daddy, but in the refusal letter he said my dad don't have a enough funds to pay for flight ticket, meanwhile everything was stated in the sponsorship letter and in the form. So I don't know why they're treating us like this.
Hi everyone, I want to share my experience here, my dad got his visa granted today. After 2nd attempt with the help of Maurse on this forum, I really appreciate it.

nanda
Newly Registered

Post by nanda » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:12 am

Hello

Can anyone please tell me after how long we can reapply for parents (family visitor visa) once they refused??

Regards.

shazia786

Post by shazia786 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:34 am

nanda wrote:Hello

Can anyone please tell me after how long we can reapply for parents (family visitor visa) once they refused??

Regards.
Nanda
From what I've read on here you can re-apply as soon as you wish with more supporting information as to the reason it was refused.
What is the refusal reason?

nanda
Newly Registered

Post by nanda » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:50 pm

Thanks for your reply Shazia.

Reason was that father is retired, has no source of income and they are not satisfied that they will leave the country at the end of their stay.

shazia786

Post by shazia786 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:21 pm

nanda wrote:Thanks for your reply Shazia.

Reason was that father is retired, has no source of income and they are not satisfied that they will leave the country at the end of their stay.
Nanda

Thats such a shame - what proof can be supplied in such cases of sources of income, especially with older relatives who may not have bank accounts, as this wasnt the practice when they were younger. I am trying to figure out the same and similar

Poppyuk
Newly Registered

Post by Poppyuk » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:16 pm

Asalam O Alaikum,
I applied visit visa ( 2years ) for my mother on 29th May 2015 and got the email on 5th June 2015;
This email is to notify you that your UK visa application has been received at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi and will now be prepared for assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer.
Received call from Home office for verification on 9th June 2015
received email on 13th June 2015 ;
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.
Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi.
Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.
We will notify you when your application has been concluded, and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.
Please avoid making travel arrangements until you have collected your passport.

Email received on 16th and 17th June 2015 (same email twice);
Your UK visa application has been concluded.
You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your passport and documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier (if you selected this optional service).
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRE BEFORE THEY CONTACT YOU.
You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.

Received email and text message from Visa Application center ; The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF......... was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 6/22/2015 .
Collected passport same day and Alhumdulilah visa granted for 2 years. She has visit Uk, France and some other countries as well. I was very upset When I received the email that Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward but in the end Alhumdulilah visa was granted. Best of luck everybody.

musfah
Newly Registered

Post by musfah » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:39 am

Poppyuk wrote:Asalam O Alaikum,
I applied visit visa ( 2years ) for my mother on 29th May 2015 and got the email on 5th June 2015;
This email is to notify you that your UK visa application has been received at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi and will now be prepared for assessment by an Entry Clearance Officer.
Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi.
Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.
We will notify you when your application has been concluded, and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.

W Salam, great news.

Would you please list the documents you have attached please I applied for my parents last month with each and every piece of documents but still refused. Would really appreciate your co-operation.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your passport and documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier (if you selected this optional service).
You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.

Received email and text message from Visa Application center ; The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF......... was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 6/22/2015 .
Collected passport same day and Alhumdulilah visa granted for 2 years. She has visit Uk, France and some other countries as well. I was very upset When I received the email that Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward but in the end Alhumdulilah visa was granted. Best of luck everybody.

shazia786

Post by shazia786 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:53 am

Poppyuk wrote:Asalam O Alaikum,

Congratulations.
Would it be possible for you to give a list of documents you and your mother supplied to give some guidance to others.
Also the invitation letter you wrote and did anyone else have to write any other letters of support.
Was this the first time you applied for her to come over on a 2yr visit visa or has she been before.

Kind regards

Poppyuk
Newly Registered

Post by Poppyuk » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:28 pm

Yes sure shazia and mus.. . I submitted letter from my employer, pay slips for last 5 or 6 months, P60 recent, copy of job contract, tendency agreement, utility bill, council tax letter, child benefit award letter, as I get working tax so tax credit award letter, passport copies of my whole family, my pakistani ID card copy, my mother's pakistani Nadra family registration card ( which shows my mother, my brother, sisters and myself) my Pakistani nadra birth certificate. My bank statement for last 5 months. Western union receipts for last 6 months ( the money I send to my mother) My mother submitted her bank statement, pension book copy, property documents copy ( in urdu ) and I submitted copies of each document except bank statement and letter from employer. Most important I write a letter on the behalf of my mother which explain the reason of visit. when u get call from home office just reply the questions as u did in the application. Hopefully I wrote everything.

Poppyuk
Newly Registered

Post by Poppyuk » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:34 pm

She has visited uk in 2013-2014 ( 6 month visa ) and this was first time I applied for 2 years visa

Poppyuk
Newly Registered

Post by Poppyuk » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:18 pm

Please don't write private message coz im not authorised.

shazia786

Post by shazia786 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Assalaam'Alaikum.
Mubarak once again.
Just wanted to thank you for the information you supplied.
Would you mind lending me a helping hand - please.
I applied for father and mother-in-laws visit visa which was refused.
Do i need to involve a solicitor in this or can i re-apply myself again. People have said i need a solicitors help.
My in-laws dont have bank accounts , old fashioned i know but they dont. - what can i do with rrgards to this any ideas?
Also they refused because they thought my father-in-law has property whichc is rented out and earns an income from there but he doesn't its the property of where his house is - the one he lives in.

Also have asked a solicitors in pakistan and they said get some bonds in a bank and present the information with regards to that to the embassy - i am thinking if they didn't have when we first applied - will they not question where they came from now.

No one in these forms mentions a sponsorship form. Do i need to complete one of these.

Would be ever so grateful for some advice.

I am thinking of speaking with a solicitor but dont really want to involve if dont need to.

Thankyou.

Poppyuk
Newly Registered

Post by Poppyuk » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:29 pm

Wa alaikum asalam. Well a friend of mine applied for uk visit visa a couple of years ago and got refused. He applied again in Jan 2015 I sponsored him as well. The first thing we did, was responding the reasons of refusal. If you don't have any document which they asked u then u will have to write the reason why u cann't provide those documents. If ur parents-in-law don't have the bank statement then u have to explain the reason why they don't have it. Secondly what is the source of their income? Normally u need documentation to prove anything. Like in my mother's case I wrote in the application she receives pension so She provided pension book copy, the money I send every month, I provided western union receipts. My mother got son and a daughter in pakistan ( nadra family registration card ) and property documents. Whatever u r saying in the application u need to provide documents to prove it. Now about solicitor they only gonna charge u they can't do anything. So if u wanna re apply just make sure u answer the refusal reasons properly in covering letter. Hopefully it will Work insha Allah and they will get the visa. Yeah forgot to tell u my friend got the visa within week.

Abd_El_Rahman
Newly Registered

Post by Abd_El_Rahman » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:07 am

Hello guys I need help
I'm supposed to collect my passport on Sunday but I don't know it I got the visa or not
In the last 2 e-mails I got they said "your UK visa is concluded please don't make any bookings or plans" and in the last one "your passport is ready for collection"

shazia786

Post by shazia786 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:22 am

Poppyuk wrote:Wa alaikum asalam. Well a friend of mine applied for uk visit visa a couple of years ago and got refused. He applied again in Jan 2015 I sponsored him as well. The first thing we did, was responding the reasons of refusal. If you don't have any document which they asked u then u will have to write the reason why u cann't provide those documents. If ur parents-in-law don't have the bank statement then u have to explain the reason why they don't have it. Secondly what is the source of their income? Normally u need documentation to prove anything. Like in my mother's case I wrote in the application she receives pension so She provided pension book copy, the money I send every month, I provided western union receipts. My mother got son and a daughter in pakistan ( nadra family registration card ) and property documents. Whatever u r saying in the application u need to provide documents to prove it. Now about solicitor they only gonna charge u they can't do anything. So if u wanna re apply just make sure u answer the refusal reasons properly in covering letter. Hopefully it will Work insha Allah and they will get the visa. Yeah forgot to tell u my friend got the visa within week.
Jazak-Allah for this information and thankyou for being honest about some one the things eg - solicitor stuff
My father in law is a farmer and they have always lived in the village, never had a bank account as you know its cash in hand and most of the people in this generation and generations before just kept the money at home. Since the children have grown up, never felt the need to go to the shehr. My husband often sends money via money gram but this is collectes by their eldest son who lives in the town and i dont think my father or mother-in-law would know how or where to collect from, yes in there times they would have know all this but since the sons have grown up and married etc they've not needed to do this as others do it for them..
I really appreciate your advice.
If i could pm you it would be better but no worries

fatima-ahmed

Post by fatima-ahmed » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:03 am

@congratulation '' Poppyuk'' on your mother's visa.
your mother had a travel history , therefore, she applied for 2 years visa ..
My mother has also been travelling to UK and we are now considering to apply 2 years visa .
But no matter if you r granted 2 years visa or 6 months visa, all the visitors have to stay less then 180 days...

May I know how long (months) your mother stayed in UK on her first visit??

Thanks

Poppyuk
Newly Registered

Post by Poppyuk » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:58 am

Shazia I send money to my brother not to my mom but in covering letter we told the visa officer that my mother is old and she can't go to collect the money therefore I send money to my brother. U can write everything. I can't see pm. Let me try to pm u.