ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LOST BIOMETRIC CARD

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rrmaruti
Newly Registered

LOST BIOMETRIC CARD

Post by rrmaruti » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:53 am

Hi,

My son who is 18 years old applied for naturalisation through NCS Brent Council on 5th May 2015. Fee deducted on 01st June 2015. Biometric done on 2nd June 2015 as per new rules from April 2015.Waiting for the approval.

He lost his Biometric card on 20th June 2015. My question is as under:

1 Will he require biometric card for oath ceremony and to apply for British passport.

2 Does he has to surrender biometric card when surrendering Indian passport.

3 Does he has to apply for replacement biometric card or not required.

This forum has been very helpful to me when I applied for my family ILR. I would appreciate if some experts could answer my question.

Thanks

noajthan

Re: LOST BIOMETRIC CARD

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:37 pm

rrmaruti wrote:Hi,

My son who is 18 years old applied for naturalisation through NCS Brent Council on 5th May 2015. Fee deducted on 01st June 2015. Biometric done on 2nd June 2015 as per new rules from April 2015.Waiting for the approval.

He lost his Biometric card on 20th June 2015. My question is as under:

1 Will he require biometric card for oath ceremony and to apply for British passport.

2 Does he has to surrender biometric card when surrendering Indian passport.

3 Does he has to apply for replacement biometric card or not required.

This forum has been very helpful to me when I applied for my family ILR. I would appreciate if some experts could answer my question.

Thanks
1. No. There are no formal ID (document) checks at the oath ceremony. You have to take the official letter with you.
To apply for passport you submit the naturalisation certificate you receive at the oath ceremony; (not an ID card).

2. Can't comment on India process but BRP is a UK ID card, (nothing to do with another country).

3. Once naturalised you no longer have 'ILR' and do not need the BRP ID card, it is redundant.

Note before the naturalisation is approved your son still holds ILR and should have a BRP card;
the loss should at least be reported to the police & HO.

See https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rrmaruti
Newly Registered

Post by rrmaruti » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:28 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I have already informed police and home office for the lost BRP card.

Will it affect the case worker to make decision in naturalisation.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:52 pm

rrmaruti wrote:Will it affect the case worker to make decision in naturalisation.
No as NCS would have taken a copy of his BRP card and sent it to HO with his application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.