ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need an advise please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

donkelvin
Newly Registered

I need an advise please

Post by donkelvin » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:16 pm

Hello

I am Johnson by name and I really need answers to my listed questions below but first my story. I got married in oct 2010 and I am still want my partner. She is from France and we both live in the UK. I presently hold the eea national visa. My present 5 years permit visa expires in April 2016. I was told I am suppose to apply for my settlement 5 years from the date of my marriage which I am not sure of and also I don't know if am suppose to apply for the ILR or the PR.

1. That is the different between PR and ILR and which am I suppose to apply for since I am married to a French national.
2. When can I apply for my settlement? 5 years from when my the date I got married or when my 5 years permit expires?
3. What documents am I required to submit?
4. Do I need to take the life in the UK test before I apply?
5. How long does it normally take to get my passport back ?
6. Any idea of the amount we both need in our account?

I am so sorry for all this questions, I just want to ensure I submit the right information and I will really appreciate your answers and advise.
Johnson

Imshzd

Re: I need an advise please

Post by Imshzd » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Your all questions are answered in this forum.so if you search previous threads then you will get it.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:56 pm

donkelvin wrote:Hello

I am Johnson by name and I really need answers to my listed questions below but first my story. I got married in oct 2010 and I am still want my partner. She is from France and we both live in the UK. I presently hold the eea national visa. My present 5 years permit visa expires in April 2016. I was told I am suppose to apply for my settlement 5 years from the date of my marriage which I am not sure of and also I don't know if am suppose to apply for the ILR or the PR.

1. That is the different between PR and ILR and which am I suppose to apply for since I am married to a French national.
2. When can I apply for my settlement? 5 years from when my the date I got married or when my 5 years permit expires?
3. What documents am I required to submit?
4. Do I need to take the life in the UK test before I apply?
5. How long does it normally take to get my passport back ?
6. Any idea of the amount we both need in our account?

I am so sorry for all this questions, I just want to ensure I submit the right information and I will really appreciate your answers and advise.
Johnson
Although all of ur questions been already answered on the forum.
1 - u will apply for PR (Equavalent to ILR)
2 - 28 days before completion of 5 years of ur marriage.
3 - NO LIUK required.
4 - They do require 6 months to process the application , depend on case
5 - no specific amount of funds required for PR applications.
6 - you would need evidence of ur wife treaty rights for 5 years. And you through the application form to see for any further documents.

donkelvin
Newly Registered

Post by donkelvin » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Thanks, I am new here, if you could send me any link where I could read about it since it has already being answered. Thanks a lot