ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About ESOL

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bukola1

About ESOL

Post by Bukola1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:55 pm

My Dear

People please I really need help on clarification on ESOL b1
I have complete my lifeuk and esolb1 and the certificate I receive was accredit by English speaking board international ltd by afqual and lywodraeth Cymru welch government and the abrivation is ESB and I checked on the list but they are not on the ukvis website so I will like to no if any one have use this accredited boards before pls and I will also call them tomorrow to know and call home office too to checked and call the company too to get clarification before I submit next month pls I will really appreciate reply thanks

noajthan

Re: About ESOL

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Bukola1 wrote:My Dear

People please I really need help on clarification on ESOL b1
I have complete my lifeuk and esolb1 and the certificate I receive was accredit by English speaking board international ltd by afqual and lywodraeth Cymru welch government and the abrivation is ESB and I checked on the list but they are not on the ukvis website so I will like to no if any one have use this accredited boards before pls and I will also call them tomorrow to know and call home office too to checked and call the company too to get clarification before I submit next month pls I will really appreciate reply thanks
For new applications to HO, (that is any made since April 2015), an ESOL test that was taken before 6 April has to be listed on the 'transitional list'.
These ESOL qualifications can now only be used in applications up to November 2015.

Any ESOL test taken after 6 April 2015 has to be on the new list of approved tests & providers.

See the Gov UK website for these lists:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

This thread may help you too:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 88132.html

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:24 pm

Hello noajithan

Pls help me when I check it on the website u sent to me I saw this on it and my award boards was
The following is the list of Secure English Language Tests that have been assessed as meeting the Home Office’s requirements from 1 August 2014. These tests can be used in a UK immigration application until 5th November 2015 only when they have been taken on or before 5th April 2015.
From 6th April 2015 there is a new list of approved Secure English Language Tests and Test Centres. Anyone taking a test on or after 6th April 2015 must take one of the new listed tests at one of the approved centres if they wish to use it in a UK Immigration application.
Awarded By

Cambridge English Language Assessment
City and Guilds
Pearson
Trinity College London
Cambridge English Key (also known as Key English Test)
Cambridge English Preliminary (also known as Preliminary English Test)
City & Guilds International Speaking and Listening IESOL Diploma at A1 level
Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)

Integrated Skills in English (ISE)
Cambridge English First (also known as First Certificate in English)
Cambridge English Advanced (also known as Certificate in Advanced English)
City & Guilds International ESOL (IESOL) Diploma

Graded Examination in Spoken English (GESE)

Cambridge English Proficiency (also known as Certificate of Proficiency in English)
Cambridge English Business Preliminary (also known as Business English Certificate Preliminary)
City & Guilds IESOL together with ISESOL

Cambridge English Vantage (also known as Business English Certificate Vantage)
Cambridge English Business higher (also known as Business English Certificate Higher)

Cambridge English Legal (also known as International Legal English certificate)
Cambridge English Financial (also known as International Certificate in Financial English)

ESOL Skills for Life Entry 1
ESOL Skills for Life Entry 2

ESOL Skills for Life Entry 3
ESOL Skills for Life Level 1

ESOL Skills for Life Level 2
IELTS (Academic and General Training)

Notes:
English Language Test

ESB ENTRY lEVEL AWARd in ESOL SKill for life speaking and listening (.ENTY 3) QCF and

Zurek
Newly Registered

Post by Zurek » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Bukola, when did you pass your Esol exam? If before April, it will be accepted. If after April, it is a very questionable issue, but probably you should not risk it and pass another, accredited exam. This is what I've found out after asking this question on this and other forums.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:58 pm

Bukola1 wrote:Hello noajithan

Pls help me when I check it on the website u sent to me I saw this on it and my award boards was
The following is the list of Secure English Language Tests that have been assessed as meeting the Home Office’s requirements from 1 August 2014. These tests can be used in a UK immigration application until 5th November 2015 only when they have been taken on or before 5th April 2015.
From 6th April 2015 there is a new list of approved Secure English Language Tests and Test Centres. Anyone taking a test on or after 6th April 2015 must take one of the new listed tests at one of the approved centres if they wish to use it in a UK Immigration application.
Awarded By

Cambridge English Language Assessment
City and Guilds
Pearson
Trinity College London

Notes:
English Language Test

ESB ENTRY lEVEL AWARd in ESOL SKill for life speaking and listening (.ENTY 3) QCF and
Hello,
If your test was taken before April 6 it has to be one of:
  • Cambridge English Language Assessment
    City and Guilds
    Pearson
    Trinity College London
- as detailed on the UK gov's 'transitional list'.
These certificates can now only be used in applications until November.

There are other rules for people who studied a degree in English;
there are also some exceptions depending on age or if people are from certain English-speaking countries.

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:22 pm

Hello zurec

My ESOL b1 was complete on 08/May/15 and after I checked on the accredited company website

I found out this news there

ESB > Banner Sliders > Update: Settlement and Nationality Awarding Organisations
Update: Settlement and Nationality Awarding Organisations
Information for Centres regarding changes to Settlement and Nationality awarding organisation requirements from 6 November 2015.
The Home Office has recently announced changes to the requirements for both SELT (as from 6 April 2015) and Settlement and Nationality tests.
From 6 November 2015, E3/B1 tests for Settlement and Nationality purposes can only be taken at approved test centres run by Trinity College London and IELTS.
The English Speaking Board has taken legal advice and intends to appeal against this decision with the support of FAB (Federation of Awarding Bodies), other ESOL Awarding Organisations and its centres.
For the moment the language requirement for Settlement and Nationality stays the same and E3/B1 qualifications from all ESOL Awarding Organisations, including ESB, will continue to be valid for Settlement and Nationality purposes until that date.
We were not initially affected by the changes to the SELT list as we only provide assessments for E3/B1 Nationality and Settlement requirements. However, the extension of the SELT requirements to our provision is significant.
We work with a considerable number of centres providing secure, QCF-based E3/B1 assessments for Settlement and Nationality purposes. Bookings for assessments and certification are processed within a fast time framework, ensuring that candidates are able to provide appropriate documentation to the Home Office in as short a time as possible. The English Speaking Board has always maintained high standards of assessment and our external assessors ensure that Ofqual regulations and security practices are met consistently.
Please continue to book assessments using the usual procedure.
ESB will keep centres informed of any new developments and we would appreciate any further suggestions, ideas or support from current centres.

Letter for Candidates and Centres
Naturalisation and Settlement

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:29 pm

who is the actual certificate issued by? it should tell you on the back

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:38 pm

Yesilgizarim

It was awarded by

English speaking board ( international) ltd abrivation ESB sign by
Chief executive peter wren

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:40 pm

I've never heard of it personally, sorry

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:49 pm

I take a friend of my thier this years to do is own for indefinite and they used it
And they issued them there indefinite so I will be surprised if the company they are not accepting it any more and they are still taking money and complete the text for people but I will go their and talk to them and also call the company too to be a sure and call home office

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:19 pm

My fellow forum member pls am still on my ESOL exam but have come across good clarification
On new AN form that my ESOL b1 is still accept and the is what I saw on AN and the latest forms for May

1 ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
We will accept a range of English language qualifications as evidence that you have met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification.
We will accept the following qualifications:
• Qualifications in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) at Entry level 3, Level 1 or Level 2, that include speaking and listening and that have been regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The qualification must be listed as an ESOL qualification on the Ofqual Register of Regulated Qualifications and have been taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. The Ofqual register is available at: http://register.ofqual.gov.uk/2
• A National Qualification in ESOL at Scottish Qualifications Framework (SCQF) levels 4, 5 or 6 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA).
 A test taken before 6 April 2014 which is at a level equivalent to level B1 CEFR or above and was on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
 A test taken on or after 6 April 2015 which is on the Home Office’s new list of recognised English tests and qualifications This must be taken at a Home Office approved test centre.
The list of recognised tests can be found on the gov.uk website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -approved- english-language-tests
English courses are available at many Further Education, Adult and Community Colleges across the UK. You should be able to obtain addresses from your local telephone directory, or by contacting your local library or Town Hall. You may apply for an ESOL course at any time but you will have to pay if you are not eligible for free tuition.
It is not necessary to study for your qualification at an accredited college however, you may prefer to study at an institution which is a member of an accreditation scheme.

21.23 If you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification, is it:
A test that is on the Home Office list of approved tests
A test that is on the Ofqual register or awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority
go to question 1.24 go to question 1.27
1.24 When did you sit your English language test?
On or after 6 April 2015 go to question 1.25
Before 6 April 2015 go to question 1.26
1.25 Please provide details of your English language test (sat on or after 6 April 2015): Tick to confirm which body awarded your test:
ielts SELT Consortium
Trinity College London
Provide the SELT unique electronic reference number provided by the awarding body:
Form AN Application form (version 05/15)
Page 7 of 32
And section 1.27 is section for mother details and so on and my ESOL b1 was approved by ofqual on 8-05-15 and they did not talk about if the course was taking before April but they say after 6-11-15 is no more accepted and ofqual too update it on their website so I just want to chair my out come with my people on forum I thing now am safe I can still use my certificate till October pls let me no if am right or not pls I will really appreciate member view on this matter

Zurek
Newly Registered

Post by Zurek » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:20 pm

I had another look at page 7 of the AN form and this website https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications and it looks like you are right. There is no transition list for Ofqual registered exams, they will not be valid from November and that's not negotiable. But for now they are like the separate category from Home Office Approved exams and the April 2015 breakout date didn't affect them. In this case the exam centres I called fraudsters before may be right. Their Ofqual certificates will be valid until Nov 2015. Someone with more knowledge, please help.

Kabitabimal
Newly Registered

Post by Kabitabimal » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi
You are absolutely right . What I have understand they have given options
1. Ofqual
2. SQA
3. From the list
You can choose any one of them will have no problem. If your edexcel is in ofqual n have a logo on your certificate will have no problem. I have also a same confusion but I found one official letter from home office saying that until November ofqual registered Pearson edexcel or anyother awarding body is fine. I will try to post that official letter. What I am going to do is I will print that letter and place along with me Pearson edexcel certificate. I hope shouldn't have problem. I will appericiate more enlightments on this issue will be praised.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:27 pm

Kabitabimal wrote: I have also a same confusion but I found one official letter from home office saying that until November ofqual registered Pearson edexcel or anyother awarding body is fine. I will try to post that official letter.
Here is the official link.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:03 pm

Zurek wrote:I had another look at page 7 of the AN form and this website https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications and it looks like you are right. There is no transition list for Ofqual registered exams, they will not be valid from November and that's not negotiable. But for now they are like the separate category from Home Office Approved exams and the April 2015 breakout date didn't affect them. In this case the exam centres I called fraudsters before may be right. Their Ofqual certificates will be valid until Nov 2015. Someone with more knowledge, please help.
The confusion is caused by this from Gov UK website
Anyone who has taken a previously approved test on or before 5 April 2015 may still use it in a UK immigration application until 5 November 2015 providing the test is one of those detailed in the transitional approved tests list.
It depends what is meant by 'previously approved test'.
If it only applies to tests on the approved test list (PDF files on Gov UK website) then its clearly not about the Ofqual (or Scottish) option.
if the statement does apply to all the ESOL options for proof of English including the Ofqual & Scottish options then its problematic.

If anyone has applied to HO since April perhaps they can share the type of ESOL certificate that they used and that was accepted by HO.

behold2014

Post by behold2014 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Please help

As i am sending my application dec5 2015.can i get my ESOL b1 done now or wait till 5nove after all changes.

Its so confusing....

Zurek
Newly Registered

Post by Zurek » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:10 pm

behold2014 wrote:Please help

As i am sending my application dec5 2015.can i get my ESOL b1 done now or wait till 5nove after all changes.

Its so confusing....
You can pass your esol b1 now for the Dec 2015 application. Just make sure the exam in provided by Trinity College or Cambridge (only these two are on the list). I phoned HO today and asked about all other companies and the answer was clear: don't go for it, only pass your test at Trinity or Cambridge.