ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - HO asked to bring National Insurance Number (NINO)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harmony01
Newly Registered

ILR - HO asked to bring National Insurance Number (NINO)

Post by harmony01 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:14 am

Hi everyone,

Can anyone shed more light to these, please? We are on Tier 1 Gen (3+2) and self employment during the extension but full time employment during the ILR.
After the HO have asked for proof that we declare tax to HMRC (though, declared the ffg year and paid all the tax owe after we did the extension) when we did extension which we provided for them a month plus now. We received another letter today asking to come for an interview and bring proof of National Insurance Number (NINO) along for the interview.
Please, anyone know why the HO asking for this again? Any quick and relevant answer, hint or info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Harmony

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HO asked to bring National Insurance Number (NINO)

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:08 am

The income you declared to HO for your extension to meet the points, was this amount different (higher) to the income your declared to HMRC and paid tax on?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:25 am

Not at all. It was the same amount. There was no amendment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:39 am

Then I have no idea and have not heard of this before. Best would be to provide them with everything asked for and attend the interview.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Thanks CR001

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:25 pm

what about the initial application ? were you self employed? and was the figure the same?

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:24 pm

prince_no1 wrote:what about the initial application ? were you self employed? and was the figure the same?
Yes, I said that earlier that it was self employed and declared same amount but only declared with HMRC in the ffg tax year and all the taxes were fully paid.

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Okay Few questions here to get you some positive feedback.

1. Did you give your NI number when applied for ILR ? (If you havent thats the reason they asked you for Tax return)

2. Was you self employed initial application and have declared the tax?

3. Is there any problem with your employment during extension? (was you Soletrader or Director of Ltd company)?

Recently I dealt with few cases and tax is problem sometimes, however not all the times. It could be dodgy employer who closed the company without paying PAYE.

Tishu123
BANNED

Post by Tishu123 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:54 am

harmony01 wrote:
prince_no1 wrote:what about the initial application ? were you self employed? and was the figure the same?
Yes, I said that earlier that it was self employed and declared same amount but only declared with HMRC in the ffg tax year and all the taxes were fully paid.
@Harmony01- any update on your case ?

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:27 am

Sorry everyone, I haven't visit the page in a recent time.

The interview was attended and pLease note that everything about the applications are genuine and there wasn't problem or much questions from caseworker concerning my spouse employment used for ILR application but many questions still based on the self employment used for extension.

I'm ok with all the questions she said they asked her and the responses so far except for one and this was only due to the fact that I know she's always nervous when it comes to some certain level but I just need to know if anyone have an idea what might be the outcome as am very sure at this stage, caseworker will use his/her discretion. The question was that: Do you pay any fee on your self employment and she responded NO. She said they were rushing the questions (simple ones concerning her self employment) at that time. Is accountant fee not part of fee paying while someone is on self employment, pls? This is my fear about it. Any idea, pls?

harmony01
Newly Registered

ILR Interview Ques: Do you pay any fee on your Self employed

Post by harmony01 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Hello house,

Anyone with a good idea with this question asked from my wife while she attended interview.

Please note that everything about her applications (both extension and ILR) are genuine and there wasn't problem or much questions sent to the interviewer from the caseworker concerning her employment used for ILR application but many questions were still about the self employment during the extension.

She's been sent a letter earlier to explain a discrepancy in a net profit declared to UKVI and didn't declare to HMRC during her extension. The net profit was declared to HMRC but in the following year without any amendment and the tax were all paid before the ILR application but I think we should have attached the tax return statements to make things easier for HO and this caused a lot of these delay. Though, we sent it with full explanation because most of the business activities were carried out in the following financial year and accountant advised to file it in the following year.

Later, she got another letter for interview and she went for it and as she gave the feedback, I'm ok with all the questions they asked her and the responses so far except one and this was only due to the fact that I know she's always nervous when it comes to some certain level but I just need to know if anyone have an idea what might be the outcome as am very sure at this stage, caseworker will only use his/her discretion because she was able to defend herself except this question which am in doubt about.

The question was that: Do you pay any fee on your self employment and she responded NO. She said they were rushing the questions (simple ones concerning her self employment) at that time. Is accountant fee not part of fee paying while someone is on self employment, pls? This is my fear about it. Any idea, pls?

Thank you all for your response.

akan
BANNED

Re: ILR Interview Ques: Do you pay any fee on your Self empl

Post by akan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:25 pm

Please provide the following information.

When your wife showed net profit to UKVI was it divided into two tax years e.g 2011-2012 & 2012-2013 - If yes then she should have paid the correct tax in each year and thats a job of accountant to do the calculations.

For your specific question 'Did you pay any fees'

The answer to this both yes and no. e.g Did you pay accountant fees - YES , Did you pay Class 2 NI - Yes , Did you pay someone to do transactions - No.

You need to provide more info on the case before anyone can give you any solid feedback.

Regards

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:59 am

akan wrote:Please provide the following information.

When your wife showed net profit to UKVI was it divided into two tax years e.g 2011-2012 & 2012-2013 - If yes then she should have paid the correct tax in each year and thats a job of accountant to do the calculations.

For your specific question 'Did you pay any fees'

The answer to this both yes and no. e.g Did you pay accountant fees - YES , Did you pay Class 2 NI - Yes , Did you pay someone to do transactions - No.

You need to provide more info on the case before anyone can give you any solid feedback.

Regards
@Akan,

Thank you for your time and quick response. Please, note as I said earlier that everything about the documents were alright and perfect and as far as am concern, there is no other info about the case that I think I need to give apart from what have said so far.

The net profit was declared to HMRC in the following year and not split into two tax years and every tax owe was paid before ILR application as we both worked our mule off and there is no problem with the employment as she works for NHS.

Am just so optimistic about the answer to 'Did you pay anyone any fee on your self employment' while she answered NO.

Am very grateful once again as your response gives me positive hope because the caseworker are sometimes very wicked in concluding one case.

Thank you.

HArmony

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:20 pm

Are you the main applicant or your wife?

If she works in NHS then profit calculations should be simple.

Regards

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:32 pm

akan wrote:Are you the main applicant or your wife?

If she works in NHS then profit calculations should be simple.

Regards

Thanks once again Akan. Seems you never understand the scenario but will never hesitate to shed more lights as I got the information I needed from your end.

My wife is the main applicant while I'm a dependant. She hasn't got any problem with HO on her new application (ILR) as all the earnings are from employed and not self employed but the HO are making enquire on her previous application which all the earnings are from self employed and have explained about what caused the problem (tax declaration in the ffg UK tax year) while HO is so particular about it now in my first post. I was only saying she works with NHS in the sense that you should understand how much more time she put into it to make sure she meet up with her target (on earnings) and to also pay the tax owed the HMRC which she paid all.

Thanks a lot.

harmony01
Newly Registered

Post by harmony01 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Now my turn to share the story for someone to know or learn one or two things. Moreover, as have had some good people on this thread responded to some of my queries.

Tier 1 Genearl (3+2), SET (O) + 1 dependent
Date of Postage: 02/02/2015
Date of Reception: 03/02/2015
Payment Taken : 04/02/2015
Date of Acknowledgement: 06/02/2015 (Dated:04/02/2015)
Date of Biometric letter: 09/02/2015
Date Biometric given: 13/02/2015
Received a letter from Caseworker explaining discrepancy in tax return during the extension: 24/04/15 (Dated 22/04/15)
Letter of Interview: 12/06/15 (Dated 10/06/15)
Got two DX courier I missed you card in the house exactly two weeks (03/07/15) after the interview and arrange a redelivery for the following Monday and that actually gave us rest of mind that the ILR is been granted.
BRP Card Received: 06/07/15
Documents returned: 11/07/2015

Exactly 5 months.

Thanks again everyone who has contributed in answering one or two questions during the process, this forum was really helpful with a lot of hope but my only regret was if had known this forum before the application, there would have been some documents that we would have included before the first letter was sent and it would have helped in quickening the application.
All the best to the rest who are still awaiting their results.