ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Applied and Travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kimuinteractive
Newly Registered

MN1 Applied and Travel

Post by kimuinteractive » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:46 am

Dear Sir or Madam
I am a father of 15 month old son.
I have recently got my settlement (ILR) and I have applied for British Citizenship for my son through MN1 form on 1 April 2015 through NCS-Basingstoke.

The following is our Immigration Status
Self
- Settlement valid until 20/03/2025 (current)
- Tier 2 (ICT) – Long term valid until 29/04/2016 (previously)
Wife
- Settlement valid until 20/03/2025 (current)
- Tier 2 – Dependent valid until 29/04/2016 (previously)
Son Aged 15 months
• Applied for MN1 on April 1 2015 and received acknowledgement from home office.
• Waiting for decision and certificate from Home office.
• Born in the UK on 07/04/2014 with full Birth Certificate.

I am already in the UK. My wife and my son intend to travel (into the UK, London Heathrow) on the 13 July 2015 to join me in Basingstoke, Hampshire,UK. Can my son travel with the valid visa (Tier 2 – Dependent valid until 29/04/2016) or should we wait until our MN1 – Naturalisation certificate arrives (and then the British passport)? If yes, what are the documents that they need to carry.

Could you please clarify since my wife is travelling with a toddler, your advice will be of immense help for the travel.
Looking forward for your reply.

noajthan

Re: MN1 Applied and Travel

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:07 pm

kimuinteractive wrote:Dear Sir or Madam
I am a father of 15 month old son.
I have recently got my settlement (ILR) and I have applied for British Citizenship for my son through MN1 form on 1 April 2015 through NCS-Basingstoke.

The following is our Immigration Status
Son Aged 15 months
• Applied for MN1 on April 1 2015 and received acknowledgement from home office.
• Waiting for decision and certificate from Home office.
• Born in the UK on 07/04/2014 with full Birth Certificate.

I am already in the UK. My wife and my son intend to travel (into the UK, London Heathrow) on the 13 July 2015 to join me in Basingstoke, Hampshire,UK. Can my son travel with the valid visa (Tier 2 – Dependent valid until 29/04/2016) or should we wait until our MN1 – Naturalisation certificate arrives (and then the British passport)? If yes, what are the documents that they need to carry.

Could you please clarify since my wife is travelling with a toddler, your advice will be of immense help for the travel.
Looking forward for your reply.
Your child was born here & is now abroad so must have a valid travel document (a foreign passport?) already.
Together with the valid UK visa that should be adequate to reenter the UK.

Assuming he retains dual citizenship, when he is registered as a UK citizen he could travel on the foreign passport & then prove his 'right to abode' in UK by presenting the UK registration certificate on entry.
(Note minors are registered as citizens, not naturalised).

This approach would avoid waiting for a first British passport to be processed.
However, for a straightforward application, there should not be any undue delay in getting a passport; (for example, my daughter's took 18 days from application to delivery).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kimuinteractive
Newly Registered

Post by kimuinteractive » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Thank you for your guidance.

I also called the Home office today noon. They have told me to carry the acknowledgement letter from Home office to prove that we have applied for MN1 application and full birth certificate.

She (Home office) also said it should be a straight forward case for 'children along with parents' since the current ILR is given based on the previous application of Tier 2 ICT - 5 years residence of parents. Also the ILR is a validation that the 5 years has been spent in accordance to immigration rules.

zozuc
Newly Registered

Post by zozuc » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi kimuinteractive,

I am in the same situation now. My kids applied MN1 and enrolled biometric for them already. I need to travel next month. Can you advise me what type of visa kids need to apply to enter UK? I saw some people said that the Airline company can stop them on the way back UK since kids do not have valid UK visa. Please advise. Thanks.

kimuinteractive
Newly Registered

Post by kimuinteractive » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi
In my case I have a valid visa for my kid under my earlier Tier 2. My son is tier 2 dependent and it is valid until April 2016.
As long as you have a valid visa and the kid is travelling with the parent, it is fine.

Only downside is you will be asked more questions at border control. Airlines will not stop you since your kid have a valid visa to Leave to Remain.

Does your kid have a valid visa ?

zozuc
Newly Registered

Post by zozuc » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi,

One kid has Tier 2 visa as dependent until April 2016. One kid has no visa. Therefore, I do not know what type of visa I should apply for second one. One more question, since we got ILR, Tier 2 visa for dependent is also expired, am I right? Thanks for quick reply, mate.

kimuinteractive
Newly Registered

Post by kimuinteractive » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:21 pm

ILR does not mean that tier 2 dependent visa is expired. I also had this belief but I called home office and got it cleared.
ILR is just a proof that you have spent 5 years lawfully which is based on Tier 2. So the other visa's are still valid as long as you are able to show leave of remain (in original - In this case you should either have childs BRP or visa stamp on passport.)

So the leave of remain is still valid for one kid and for dependents.
For the other kid you need to wait.

zozuc
Newly Registered

Post by zozuc » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi,

Thanks for information mate. I think I will apply visitor visa for one kid to enter UK. It takes really long to wait for MN1 result. I thought that I can apply passport using Fast-track service. However, I called them today, and they said "no" since we have ILR only. Fast-track service for first kid passport is only valid for British people.

kimuinteractive
Newly Registered

Post by kimuinteractive » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:58 am

For the benefit of everyone, yesterday my infant along with my wife had travelled 'into' the UK (heathrow) and my child did not face any questions. So the Myth that
  • 1. all other visas get cancelled after getting ILR and
    2. that one cannot travel when MN1 is being decided
are both not true.

We did have the original Long Birth Certificate and the MN1 application letter from UKVI (Home office) in case of any issues. But the Entry clearance officer did not request any.

Hope this post helps others.

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:37 pm

kimuinteractive wrote:For the benefit of everyone, yesterday my infant along with my wife had travelled 'into' the UK (heathrow) and my child did not face any questions. So the Myth that
  • 1. all other visas get cancelled after getting ILR and
    2. that one cannot travel when MN1 is being decided
are both not true.

We did have the original Long Birth Certificate and the MN1 application letter from UKVI (Home office) in case of any issues. But the Entry clearance officer did not request any.

Hope this post helps others.

Thanks kimuinteractive,

Its very thoughtful of you to share your wife and child's experience. It does help other readers a lot as no body wants to take any risk and face unwanted questions/delays at the border while travelling.

Many thanks again