ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In how many days one need to travel to the UK on Tier 2 Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sjz
Newly Registered

In how many days one need to travel to the UK on Tier 2 Visa

Post by sjz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:05 am

Hi All,

I have got the CoS in June for 3 years and will be applying for a Visa in local UK embassy. I want to know that once the Visa is stamped (Short Term vignette) in July (for e.g. 11 July) and if my entry date is 10 August 2015, is there a timeline from 11 July by which I need to travel to the UK?

As I understand mostly one need to travel to the any country within 90 days of the grant of the Visa. Appreciate your views and comments.

Regards

vinny

Re: In how many days one need to travel to the UK on Tier 2

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:24 am

There may be a new biometrics procedure. Inform them, if you expect to delay your travel.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Re: In how many days one need to travel to the UK on Tier 2

Post by DEEPAM » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:47 am

hi

i think temporary vignette will show how long before you need to travel to uk. Probably the temporary vignette will contains 30 days visa from the date of issue and you need to come before that date and collect the BRP card from Post office centre in uk not less than 10 days after your arrival other wise the visa will be cancelled or you will be charged with penality.