ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa when main applicant is switching job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shruti2014
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent visa when main applicant is switching job

Post by shruti2014 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:43 pm

Hello
My Husband who is on tier 2 g visa has got a job and RLMT has been completed and now the compnay is moving forward with the visa process.
Can some one please help me with the answers to the below questions.
1) My Tier 2 partner visa is valid till July 2017. Do we need to apply for my new visa as well when my husband's future company applied for his visa or I can keep staying using the old dependent visa?
2) My passport is expiring by march 2015 and I need to renew the passport. Should I first renew my passport and then apply for visa?
3) is there some passport validity requirement when applying for visa.

I would appreciate if someone can help me with the above clarifications.

Thanks

shruti2014
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa when main applicant is switching j

Post by shruti2014 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Can someone please guide.

chandrack
Newly Registered

Post by chandrack » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:48 am

Hi Shruti,

I recently shifted my job (may'2014) i.e. shifted my sponsor and I haven't extended my dependants visa (wife & kid's visa), you can renew your visa at the time of it's expiry. I am renewing my dependants visa at the time of or when nearing the expiry date.

Answer to your question: you need not change your visa rather apply for new passport.

thanks,
chandra.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:57 pm

the above information is incorrect.
You should have applied for new dependent visa at the same time when you husband applied for new visa due to change of job.
Your visa has now become invalid and you should apply for new dependent soon.

The passport only needs to be valid at the time of applying for new visa. Since the new visa is going to be a BRP card, you can always renew the passport afterwards and start carrying new passport with the BRP.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:23 pm

read the post by Frontier Mole:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1088239
Frontier Mole wrote:The dependants first grant of leave will be in line with the main applicants leave. That leave continues until it expires unless the main applicants leave is curtailed. There is no requirement to reapply for dependent leave because there has been a change of employer.The dependent visa is not linked to Sponsor only the main applicant is.

kennyola7
Newly Registered

Post by kennyola7 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Letter from UKVI.............
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email correspondence of 29 May.

If a Tier 2 migrant changes their leave in anyway, their dependants should also amend their leave to be brought in line. This is because a dependants leave is always granted on the basis of the relevant Migrants situation. Once a new application is made, expiry dates are almost always different to their previous grant of leave.

If the dependant does not apply and continues on their current PBS dependant leave and UKVI become aware that the main Tier 2 migrant is no longer working for the ‘old’ employer, any leave issued to the dependant(s) would possibly be curtailed. This could lead to being in the UK without valid leave and also could lead to the dependant being refused entry to the UK if they were to travel.

I hope this information is helpful.

Yours faithfully,

Liz Smith
UK Visas & Immigration

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:39 pm

kennyola7 wrote:Letter from UKVI.............
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email correspondence of 29 May.

If a Tier 2 migrant changes their leave in anyway, their dependants should also amend their leave to be brought in line. This is because a dependants leave is always granted on the basis of the relevant Migrants situation. Once a new application is made, expiry dates are almost always different to their previous grant of leave.

If the dependant does not apply and continues on their current PBS dependant leave and UKVI become aware that the main Tier 2 migrant is no longer working for the ‘old’ employer, any leave issued to the dependant(s) would possibly be curtailed. This could lead to being in the UK without valid leave and also could lead to the dependant being refused entry to the UK if they were to travel.

I hope this information is helpful.

Yours faithfully,

Liz Smith
UK Visas & Immigration
could you please provide the address this email or letter came from

avi

Post by avi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:19 am

Hi Manci,

The above letter of homeoffice is from the link which i shared with you in a previous post,
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _mandatory

It was asked in www.whatdotheyknow.com

As i can see from the link, It is from Croydon homeoffice

Do you still think dependents don't need to apply ?

Thanks

Avi

ktyagi
India

Post by ktyagi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:26 pm

Can anyone else comment on this? confirm or deny what Avi has said? Because I was also under the impression that dependents visa does not need to be updated.

avi

Post by avi » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:46 am

Hi Ktyagi,

After i got this letter, i called up homeoffice again and reconfirmed. this time they said that the dependents doesn't need to reapply. i recorded the time of the phone call and the name of the person. it was further validated by his supervisor.
Cheers
Avi

Zimbaa
Newly Registered

Post by Zimbaa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:25 pm

AVi

thanks for yo information. .am on tier 2 general partner and I haven't switched to my partner current leave to remain
my question is will one have to present maintenance evidence wen they eventually apply for extension