ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER APPLICANTS: POST HERE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukjobaspirer

Re: Salary Attestation for HSMP

Post by ukjobaspirer » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:59 am

satheeshkumar wrote: Hi ukjobaspirer
I am planning to do HSMP, and so I have a few queries...

1. Is it better to do it ourselves or i stand more chance of approval if i go via an agency for processing? :(
If your case is straightforward, you can do it yourself

2. What reason you gave to the HR people to get the 12 month salary slips attested? Normally they will issue the service letter, but then to ask for attested pay slips, i need to give some valid reason... So thought will check wiht you on this.
I said, I need to give to bank for taking loan

3. I have done my Masters in Engg. But this was Integrated course fo 4 years and so can i tick exceptional consideration, and submit a letter from university for english as medium of instruction for this ME, instead of Bachelors course?
I also have done my Masters. But I submitted the letters from both the universities

4. The Qualifications section in the application form also talks about professional qualification. If i am not going to claim points in this section, then i dont have to fillin that right? Likewise, if i am not going to claim points under 'Age assessment' (I m over 32 years) or the 'MBA Provision', then can i leave these sections without filling any details and refrain from submitting any evidence on these??
If Prof. Qual section is not relevant for you, dont fill anything
But I would suggest you to send the notarised copy of personal page of passport and tick the exceptional consideration and give the explanation that you are not claiming points under this section, but this is just for additional proof.

5.I worked in UK from august 2004 to september 2005 on a work permit. But its over 2 years back (I have my NI number also), and can i use this information in any way while applying, for the 'UK Experience section'?
I dont have any idea for this.

6. Is it safe to let then HO return our docs by Airmail? Or should I check with them to send the same by DHL or Fedex?
I got it through Airmail and i know a couple of my friends who received it safely thru Airmail. Then its up to you. But inform your postman that you'll be receiving this and ask him to hand it over in your house and not to leave in you postbox.

7. Should i submit the personal pages of my passport for additional evidence? Will that be of any use? I have got my passport renewed while i was in UK, and so it has an UK address, so will it be of help in any way?
you can submit, but i dont think, the UK address will be of any help. This is just for proving your identity.

8. In the covering letter, (as you've mentioned in the thread) you provided a tabular column with the following column - Month, Total Earnings, Total Deductions, Net Pay, Date etc, with the details from the monthly salary slip right?
ya. i did provide that

9. Is It enough to provide Ack. form along with the 12 month Salary slips & bank statements for 12 months? Should i also submit ITR1 form?
You need to submit the ITR1 too.. I heard from this forum, that ppl r facing problems not submitting that.

It will be of much value if you can reply me on these points...
Many Thanks.

ukjobaspirer wrote:I got back my certificates and the approcal letter today.
It was dispatched to Chennai on 11th October by the HomeOffice.

As said by a lot of members in this forum and some of my friends, they have taken off all the files and put all the docs in a single cover and sent it.

Any nice that I got the whole process over in 10 days.
Last edited by ukjobaspirer on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

satheeshkumar

Re: Salary Attestation for HSMP

Post by satheeshkumar » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:44 pm

HI Ukjobaspirer

1. Regarding the ITR form to be submitted, i got the IT Acknowledgement form for last financial year. And, i also have the Form - 16 for 2006-07. But the ITR1 form, has been given when we do the tax filing. So, is it enough if we submit Form 16, along with tax ack. form , pay slips, bank statements & service letter from the company?

2. Is there any order in which the docs should be arranged in the post/courier that we send?
Remember reading about that in the guidance pdf somewhere but couldnot track it...

maidy

A Self Employed Applicant

Post by maidy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:50 pm

Hi all. I want to apply for hsmp as a self employed business man. I'm the sole owner of my business with 100% share.
Bank statement is in the name of my business and i dont have a personal bank account and i file only one income tax return as required by income tax law, a sole owner cant file a seperate return for his business and for his personal.

while H.O requires the following docs,

Personal Income Tax Return
Personal Bank Statement
and
Audited Accounts of business + Business Return.

can body give me some advise ........ ...

dev

Post by dev » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi all,

Thanks again for the forum and people for making it so helpful.

Got Approve today and below are the time lines.

App Sent : 06-Oct
App Delivered : 10-Oct
Payment Cleared : 18-Oct (payed by DD, which is nothing but cheque)
Approval : 18-Oct, yes It took half a day :D

All the best folks.

marupa

Initials and Full Name

Post by marupa » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:40 pm

I have this problem, in all my documents my name is Aparna R. But with my recent employer, who wanted the name as is in passport which is Aparna Raman.

I am really confused now. Will HO accept my documents as all documents have Aparna R and some recent payslips have Initials expanded.

Also my passport has initials expanded.

Please let me know if this okay , or what documents should I provide to substatiate my case

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:33 am

Hi Dev,

Congrats on the approval!

Few questions:
Did they email you about the result. Or did you call?

Are you planning for a courier pickup or would have Airmail deliver the docs to you?

Thanks.

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:41 am

Hi

I called up HO on wednesday and was informed that my application has been approved :) and that the documents have been sent back through airmail. I havent received it yet , can we expect delays because of last week's postal strike ?
Also they send it through registered post right ? which means the postman cant just throw it inside the gate , he has to obtain signature for receipt ? someone pls clarify.....

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:29 am

Congrats Vidya :)

My application is be prossed currently, but no communication from HO.

Also I do a query on past earnings.
In your case, for previous earnings , did the Gross salary figure on ITR match with the total on Payslips? If no, how did you explaing this in your cover letter?

Please reply.

Thanks.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:44 am

congrats vidya. great news. unfortunately airlmail is not registered mail i believe. its just the reguler cheapest mail service. so the post man can't even just throw it to the door but also can even lost it :shock: [specially in south asia]. so what i did was having a good connection with local postman. and also the GPO. i had good connection so i could get it picked up from post ofiice rather than waiting for post man which could cause another 4/5 days delay. but anyway, if you dont have any connection in GPO than just wait for post man. hope it will reach soon.. :D

dev

Post by dev » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:49 am

Hi andy,

1.I got Email from Case worker.

2.Planning for courier.. Mail Box Etc

andy2007 wrote:Hi Dev,

Congrats on the approval!

Few questions:
Did they email you about the result. Or did you call?

Are you planning for a courier pickup or would have Airmail deliver the docs to you?

Thanks.

paragon2110
Newly Registered

Post by paragon2110 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:14 am

Hi all,

I am planning to apply for EC in the first week of November. My friend in uk will sponsor my accomodation there. Is there any particular format for the letter which he has to give? Can someone share this format.

regards

aai123
Newly Registered

Post by aai123 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:12 pm

paragon2110 wrote:Hi all,

I am planning to apply for EC in the first week of November. My friend in uk will sponsor my accomodation there. Is there any particular format for the letter which he has to give? Can someone share this format.

regards
Hi Paragon

Here is the format i used. May be you can check this one.

To,
The Immigration Officer,
British Embassy
Mumbai
India

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings,

I write this brief supporting letter to further support XXX's application for HSMP visa for her to enter the UK on HSMP.
I am a British citizen and live at the above address. I have been a close friend of XXX since we have both worked together since 1234. I would like to confirm that XXX would be staying with me at my house in CITY where I stay with my XXX. I would like also to state that, if necessary, I would be willing and able to support her financially if she got into such a financial predicament. I would like to assure the government of England that she will not become a public burden on this country or its people.
I have enclosed evidence –
A) 3 months original bank statement
B) Last salary statement
C) Copy of my valid passport
D) Utility bill

I hope that my supporting letter will assist in XXX’s HSMP visa application, and also would be grateful if you would approve request for HSMP visa application.

ash123

Post by ash123 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:27 pm

Hi,

i plan to send my application next week

Here's my list:

1. Income:
a. 12months salary slips (printout) with company stamp and sign (not of finance!)
b. 12months bank statement
c. ITR acknowledgement till mar2007 + copy of form16

2. English Language
- letter from university (bachelor's degree only)

3. Post Graduation
- original Degree and transcript
(no english language specified for this!)

4. age proof
- original driving license.

Will this suffice ?
1. I am worried about the payslips being printouts!
Should I get another letter from company with consolidated data ??
2. Do i require english language proof for the post-graduation univ also ? or just bachelors should suffice?

Please suggest!

Thanks!
Ash

ajaysharmanyc2006

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:03 pm

vidya wrote:Hi

I called up HO on wednesday and was informed that my application has been approved :) and that the documents have been sent back through airmail. I havent received it yet , can we expect delays because of last week's postal strike ?
Also they send it through registered post right ? which means the postman cant just throw it inside the gate , he has to obtain signature for receipt ? someone pls clarify.....
hey vidya,

congrates...:)

ajay

paragon2110
Newly Registered

Post by paragon2110 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:14 am

thanks a lot aai :)

marrik

Re: HSMP Approved

Post by marrik » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:30 am

Congrats Vidya!! :)

Satheesh,
1. I did not arrange for a courier pick up and got back all my documents both times (first time when hsmp was refused and second time when hsmp was approved)

2. Yes. I got the pay slips signed with a company seal as well from the HR though it was on a company letter head. I also got the company letter sealed by the HR.

3. I contacted a student from my batch who was working in the same city as my university and he managed to get the letter in 2 weeks.

4. I think hsmp is not a very difficult process hence can be done on our own.

When are you applying? All the best!

satheeshkumar wrote:Hi marrik
1. Did you get your docs back by courier or thro airmail? How safe is airmail you feel?

2. Also, did u send the pay slips with sign from HR, even though it was on a proper company letter format?

3. How much time it took for you to get the language certificate from your university?

4. Do you feel it make any difference to go via a representative, than doing it ourselves?

Anthopogon

Post by Anthopogon » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:59 am

xxx
Last edited by Anthopogon on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magata

Post by magata » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 pm

Dev, that's great news, many congratulations, a frien of mine is in the situation.

Hope all the best

vidya

Post by vidya » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:05 pm

I got my approval letter and documents back in the mail today....

Thanks to every single person on this forum , it has been a place to come to for two years now , not only for guidance and advice but also encouragement and empathy ( during my first rejection) ....

I will be posting here regularly , for EC advice and to help anyone who is applying now .....
cheers,

magata

Post by magata » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:22 pm

:D Great
Last edited by magata on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magata

Post by magata » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:25 pm

vidya
Member of Standing

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:05 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got my approval letter and documents back in the mail today....

Thanks to every single person on this forum , it has been a place to come to for two years now , not only for guidance and advice but also encouragement and empathy ( during my first rejection) ....

I will be posting here regularly , for EC advice and to help anyone who is applying now .....
cheers,

vidya, many congratulation on your success.

All the best

dev

Post by dev » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:29 am

HI Anthopogon,

It was out of country application.
Anthopogon wrote:Dear Dev,
Congratulation.
What was your ref of application? I mean 2333XX..?Is it out of country or incountry.
Good luck for EC if out of country application.

maidy

which 15 months.......

Post by maidy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:37 pm

if a file reachs in Home Office on 29th October, 2007 which 15 months prior to application be considered?

July-2006 to Sep-2007
OR
Aug-2006 to Oct-2007

Please advise
Maddy

vidya

Post by vidya » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:21 am

IMO - July to September , cos october isnt yet over and i dont think any company pays salary in advance of the month end

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:21 pm

Hi All,

I got approval :) and received my documents via Royal Mail today.

Thanks to each one of you for sharing your thoughts and experiances.

For all those who are going to apply, my advice would be to keep all the documentation as clear as possible along with covering all the needed documentation. After all the authorised person there is a human too.

Following are my timelines:
Docs sent 4 oct by FedEx
Doc recieved by HO 8 oct
Ref no. reveived on 15 oct
Approval granted on 16 Oct
Docs received by Royal Mail 23 Oct

Now the battle for EC begins...