ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority service - No reply yet... should I be concerned?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dialectic

Priority service - No reply yet... should I be concerned?

Post by dialectic » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi guys

I applied recently for a Tier 2 General Change of employment application via priority service. Details as follows:

CoS assigned on June 3 (work start date on CoS June 17)
Online application submitted and paid on June 3 - health surcharge included of course
Application and documents sent by post on June 4
Biometrics letter from UKVI received on June 5 - friday (date of the letter is June 4)
Biometrics taken and submitted at Post Office on June 8 (monday)

I am concerned since I am supposed to start work tomorrow (June 17) and haven't got a reply yet. I understand UKVI would contact me if the application takes longer than 10 working days but they haven't reached to me at all. Should I be worried?

On the other hand I've read about people logging to the Health Surcharge account and assuming that their application was successful if when they found that the option for refunds is not available, which is my case when I log in. Is this reliable?

dialectic

Re: Priority service - No reply yet... should I be concerned

Post by dialectic » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:41 am

Any insights anyone?

bholo

Post by bholo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Please call their help line. It is a very valid reason to call as ten working days have already been passed.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:22 pm

Well. I got a letter saying that my application raises 'exceptionally complex issues' and that they need more time to make a decision.

Now I feel really scared since I've read on the forums that normally another letter follows with an interview appointment. Anyone with a similar situation? What could be the outcome for this??

Thanks a lot

tripaths
Newly Registered
India

Post by tripaths » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:28 pm

dialectic wrote:Well. I got a letter saying that my application raises 'exceptionally complex issues' and that they need more time to make a decision.

Now I feel really scared since I've read on the forums that normally another letter follows with an interview appointment. Anyone with a similar situation? What could be the outcome for this??

Thanks a lot
I'm facing some thing similar where my priority service application for a Visa switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 dependent is pending for last 4 weeks. It's a water tight case and lawyers says that they do not understand the reason for the delay. On appointment day Case worker mentioned that they want to do some enquiries and decision would be taken in 48 hours. Both me and the lawyer tried to get some feedback from Home Office but not much luck.
This unexpected delay ruined by annual vacation and now I'm on the verge of declining a very good job offer.
I think it's good that your case is actually being investigated - rather then lost in the red tape. If your sponsorship is valid there should not be any reason to worry. Where you told what are those 'exceptional complex issues' ?
Good luck!

samjanas
Newly Registered

Post by samjanas » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi dialectic,
I too got the similar letter from homeoffice last week. Where did u applued from n when u received the letter. I applued within Uk.
thanks

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:44 pm

tripaths wrote:
dialectic wrote:Well. I got a letter saying that my application raises 'exceptionally complex issues' and that they need more time to make a decision.

Thanks a lot
I'm facing some thing similar where my priority service application for a Visa switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 dependent is pending for last 4 weeks. It's a water tight case and lawyers says that they do not understand the reason for the delay. On appointment day Case worker mentioned that they want to do some enquiries and decision would be taken in 48 hours. Both me and the lawyer tried to get some feedback from Home Office but not much luck.
This unexpected delay ruined by annual vacation and now I'm on the verge of declining a very good job offer.
I think it's good that your case is actually being investigated - rather then lost in the red tape. If your sponsorship is valid there should not be any reason to worry. Where you told what are those 'exceptional complex issues' ?
Good luck!
No. They didn't mention anything regarding specific complex issues. 'complex issues'. Apply within the UK (change of employment). Got it a week after applying through priority. I wonder what will happen next. Whether I should prepare for an interview or if my sponsors would get interviewed...(?)

tripaths
Newly Registered
India

Post by tripaths » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of the interview scenario. I have heard that Home office is tightening the noose on Umbrella firms which provide Tier 2 visa and then shop the candidate to third party employers.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:04 am

tripaths wrote:Unfortunately, I'm not aware of the interview scenario. I have heard that Home office is tightening the noose on Umbrella firms which provide Tier 2 visa and then shop the candidate to third party employers.
Yeah I'm aware of the need to avoid those companies, and have been doing so. I'm wondering about timescales since I went through priority service. They couldn't make the 10 day priority timescale because of the 'complex' nature they talked about on the letter but I hope they will still deal with whatever queries they have a bit quicker than normal since I went through this priority route (?)

tripaths
Newly Registered
India

Post by tripaths » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:49 pm

Today I received a communication from Home Office to my official complain on the delay to priority service. Unfortunately, the response says the case is under investigation and enquiries are made to other departments and it's taking longer then expected.
So, once your case falls under investigation and queries are made to various govt departments, the slowest moving queue in the red-tape will decide the delivery time :)

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:21 pm

tripaths wrote:Today I received a communication from Home Office to my official complain on the delay to priority service. Unfortunately, the response says the case is under investigation and enquiries are made to other departments and it's taking longer then expected.
So, once your case falls under investigation and queries are made to various govt departments, the slowest moving queue in the red-tape will decide the delivery time :)
Glad you got a response from them. When did you submitted a complain? did you do it by email? did they respond by post? Hopefully is nothing to be concerned about and things go smoothly...

rajeevmadhavaram
Newly Registered

Post by rajeevmadhavaram » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:43 pm

hi i'm in similar sort of situation can you please tell me how long it took to get your visa through priority postal route

tripaths
Newly Registered
India

Post by tripaths » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:50 pm

I received my Visa and other documents after 6-7 weeks. I applied through Priority ie same day delivery service.
I went to their public enquiry office and complained about the delay and lack of communication from Home office. Not sure if it had any impact though.

rajeevmadhavaram
Newly Registered

Post by rajeevmadhavaram » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:44 pm

This is ridiculous from UKVI they charge you an extra money for tier2 general priority service but the processing times are same as normal application why cant they be accurate on processing times for at least on priority visa

nasmc92
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nasmc92 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:00 pm

what website did you use to apply online for Tier 2 Online application within UK ?

thanks

rajeevmadhavaram
Newly Registered

Post by rajeevmadhavaram » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:07 am

nasmc92 wrote:what website did you use to apply online for Tier 2 Online application within UK ?

thanks
tier 2 priority postal visa link : https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-priority-applications

tier 2 General visa link : https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next