ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover Letter EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doodwow
Newly Registered

Cover Letter EEA Family Permit

Post by doodwow » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:39 pm

Hi,

do you think that the cover letter below would work for an application to the EEA Family Permit?

To whom it may concern,

My name is xxxxx and I am an Italian citizen who has lived and worked in the UK for and a half years and my husband, xxxxx, is a US citizen who has been living in the US for years and worked there for 12 years.

I would respectfully request that my husband be granted an EEA Family permit based on my treaty rights as an EEA national, for which I am submitting the following supporting documents:

• A certified copy of my Passport
• My husband’s US Passport
• Our Marriage Certificate
• A passport photo for my husband
• The receipt for my husband’s biometrics
I have also submitted an additional copy of each item above.

Please contact me should you need any additional details at XXXX.X.XXXXX@xxx.com to get the quickest response. Also feel free to call me on 000-000-0000.

Thank you for your assistance with this matter.

Martina

badratio

Re: Cover Letter EEA Family Permit

Post by badratio » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:43 pm

It's nice but unnecessary.

The fact that he's worked in the US for 12 years is completely irrelevant.

And they will never email you asking for additional information - they will write to you.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

PrestonLancs

Re: Cover Letter EEA Family Permit

Post by PrestonLancs » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:36 pm

You have drafted the letter as if you are making an application.

"I am submitting my husband's passport and photos".

You are not submitting anything. Your husband is making an application and he will be submitting whatever needs submitting.

Also, if these are the only documents you are providing, then it will be a straight refusal.

Where is the proof of you exercising treaty rights in UK? Wage slips? Bank statements? etc etc.