ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching the T1(E) VISA

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mudon05
Newly Registered

Switching the T1(E) VISA

Post by mudon05 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:24 am

I am seriously contemplating applying for the T1(200K) route. Would prefer to move to UK keeping the long term perspective of kid's education in mind.
I would like to apply on T1 visa showing the investment(I have the required funds) and do fulfill all requirements otherwise. I am currently running my own business in my homeland independently. Hubby does not want to apply on his name as he feels that as a dependent he can work without a Work permit, incase our business venture fails, it would give us an option to fall back on something during tough times.
If incase after 3 years and 4 months, our business is not profitable and we do not wish to extend this visa, can hubby apply for a work permit through his employer indpendely?? Will I be able to switch on to his dependent in country once my visa expires? Also will it create any issues in-terms of resetting the ILR clock for both of us??? Is such a switch allowed on T1(e)?
I just want to make sure that we have all the bases covered before I decide to shift my business and start afresh in a new place.
Would greatly appreciate if someone could give some valuable advice.

Mrchaany

Re: Switching the T1(E) VISA

Post by Mrchaany » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:36 am

in case if you got visa, everything is possible but first of all visa, first visa the base, when you successfully achieve you first visa such as Tier 1 Entrepreneur, there is a lot of opportunities for business perspectives.