ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by ChOudhry1 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:45 pm

rc0906 wrote:Hello

it will be highly appreciated if someone of either similar experience or someone senior could answer my question:

- I came to the UK in 2007 under TIER1 point based system.
- extended my stay in 2009.
- Got ILR in May 2012, Passed my LIUK test in Feb2012
- I need to apply for naturalization in July but i am now very confused about English Requirements. All these years and extensions I had plus ILR that i got from Home office, I have presented my original degree which was taught in English but never had to get it attested from UKNARIC or any other body. Never gave any ESOL or other english language exams..... My question is:

Am I still eligible to apply for my Naturalization based on my original documents that were accepted in 2012 as proof of English?

Kind Regards
RC
Yes you can. If you just read the form you will get to know it. There is a box for you to tick which says if you got your ILR before oct 2013 you have already qualified for it. People sitting in home office to answer know nothing.
Chears
Choudhry

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:36 am

ChOudhry1 wrote:

it will be highly appreciated if someone of either similar experience or someone senior could answer my question:

- I need to apply for naturalization in July but i am now very confused about English Requirements. All these years and extensions I had plus ILR that i got from Home office, I have presented my original degree which was taught in English but never had to get it attested from UKNARIC or any other body. Never gave any ESOL or other english language exams..... My question is:

Am I still eligible to apply for my Naturalization based on my original documents that were accepted in 2012 as proof of English?

Kind Regards
RC
Yes you can. If you just read the form you will get to know it. There is a box for you to tick which says if you got your ILR before oct 2013 you have already qualified for it. People sitting in home office to answer know nothing.
Chears
Except that it says not before, but after October 2013.

rc0906
Newly Registered

Post by rc0906 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:02 pm

ukswus wrote:
ChOudhry1 wrote:

Kind Regards
RC
Chears
Except that it says not before, but after October 2013.

Sorry do you mean I still need to check that Box as i got my ILR before October 2013. So confused!

rc0906
Newly Registered

Post by rc0906 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:13 pm

Found this on PAGE 8 of

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t-koll.pdf

A migrant who fulfils the Life in the UK requirement for settlement as it applies on or after 28
October 2013 will not be required to retake any elements in a later application for naturalisation
but will be deemed automatically to satisfy KoLL at that later stage.
The situation is different for those who applied or apply for settlement before 28 October 2013.
They will have satisfied the KoLL requirement by either passing the Life in the UK test or by taking
an ESOL qualification (probably at a level below B1) and this by itself will not be sufficient should
they later apply for naturalisation. They will need to satisfy the new KoLL requirement but if they
have already passed the Life in the UK test will not need to retake it. For some people this will
mean passing a relevant speaking and listening qualification for the first time. Others will need to
pass a speaking and listening qualification at a higher level than they had to demonstrate to be
granted leave to enter or leave to remain in the UK.

Please can you help me understand if anything have changed for me whilst making my application for Naturalization in July 2015, if i got my ILR before October 2013?

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: Fee and application acknowledgement wait time.

Post by chocolateorange88 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:09 am

Ziuta wrote:
hakram wrote:hi guys,

hoping someone can guide me here.
I submitted AN application on 4th June 2015 @ rutherglen ncs.

So far I have not received acknowledgement from HO that they have received my application and nor have they debited fee from my account.

Does anyone know how long before they debit fee from applicant?
Does anyone know how long before they send acknowledgement that they have received an application?

Any guidance would be appreciated here.

Thanks.
I've applied on 2nd and today checked my cc and money have been taken today. So I suppose it will be soon for you too

My husband applied on the 11th, they received it on 12th and debited the fee on 19th.... Not really worried about ack letter if the biometric letter comes through as it should. Just waiting now!

Munazah

Post by Munazah » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:47 am

Hello, I have a question my husband obtained inedfinte leave to remain last year in June now he's applying for naturalization and we need clarification for the section where they ask for knowledge of language which option shall we mark:
Since he has done his masters here in UK what shall be our answer , is it
Obtained an academic qualification in UK or
Met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement...
Please help it's the section 1.22of the form.
Thanks
Munazah

vijaitha007
Newly Registered

Applying for naturalisation on 1st July

Post by vijaitha007 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry to post it here. I am trying to figure out where to post my query.
I am on the process of applying for naturalisation. Is there anyone in this group who has applied after April 2015?
1. I am not sure if we can submit our IELTS certificate. I had taken academic IELTS after April, but it is not according to the new system. Can I submit that?
2. I am also trying to figure out if there is any joined application still?
If yes, is there any different form for that or anything additional that I should do??
Hope someone can help me to sort this out.
Thanks in advance.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:21 pm

ok so my hubby got his acknowledgement letter and biometric letter both today so he has done his biometrics today.

on one of the letters it mentions them receiving form AN6 (1)+
does this mean it will take more than 6 months?

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Post by sadiq.wmin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi All,

Can someone advise me how can I update my new address on the Nationalisation Application.

I send a change of address Request to following email address : nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

But, I have not received any confirmation, It's been few days now.

Please advise

Thanks
Sadiq

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Post by sadiq.wmin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Do I have use : POINTS BASED SYSTEM: MIGRANT CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES FORM
to update my address.

The form seems like its for people with Tier 1 - 5 visa type.

RR17

Post by RR17 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:59 pm

sadiq.wmin wrote:Hi All,

Can someone advise me how can I update my new address on the Nationalisation Application.

I send a change of address Request to following email address : nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Please advise

Thanks
Sadiq
Update address online at
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:44 pm

RR17 wrote:
sadiq.wmin wrote:Hi All,

Please advise

Thanks
Sadiq
Update address online at
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml

If you email them again... on the Subject Box put ' for your immediate attention'
i emailed last night 11pm and got an answer this morning at 11am. normally they dont answer that quick

rashenikki
Newly Registered

How Long before Naturalization after ILR

Post by rashenikki » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:10 am

Hi All,

I received my ILR in October 2014, however, my Biometric card got lost (issues with the delivery) - I ended up having to cancel the Biometric card. I reapplied for another biometric card in November 2014 and I got it back December 2014.

My question is when do I apply for my naturalization or when do I start counting the 12months wait requirement.
a) October 2014 - Oct 2015
b) Dec 2014 - Dec 2015

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Cheers!
rashenikki

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:15 pm

Ive not seen any approval since late March....anyone got their brown envelope yet?

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:28 pm

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if the HO carry out checks BEFORE its allocated to a caseworker or afterwards

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:39 am

Any ideas how long it takes PO to electronically send the biometrics to the HO?

Ziuta

Post by Ziuta » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:21 am

averagejoe wrote:Any ideas how long it takes PO to electronically send the biometrics to the HO?
I was under the impression that biometrics are sent automatically. So when you pay the post office worker after submission of biometrics they send it straight away, but who knows ...
Applied: 02/06/2015
Fee deducted: 13/06/2015
Acknowledgement letter: 16/06/2015 (dated 13/06)
Biometrics: 16/06/2015
Approval: 28/11/2015

valw
Newly Registered

Post by valw » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:59 am

averagejoe wrote:Any ideas how long it takes PO to electronically send the biometrics to the HO?
The lady at the post office where we had our done told us they get it instantly - they will have had it before you leave the post office.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:42 am

okay thanks everyone :) My husband is the applicant and im the impatient one haha.

Guess we shouldnt speculate really bit if theyre still processing feb and march then theyre at least 3/4months behind so not expecting anything until September/October.

we want to go on holiday in october but hubby wont go until hes got a response from H.O

Anjalee221
Newly Registered

Post by Anjalee221 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:01 am

HI, I applied for Naturalisation in 1 June 2015. I have given all biometric data and currently waiting for the approval. I have a personal situation that I have to travel to Australia soon and be there for couple of months. We went on holiday to Australia and my wife had an accident. She is pregnant and with her condition she is living with my in laws as she is in safe hands during her pregnancy. But it is closer to the due dates and I want to travel to Australia. My plan is that I travel to Australia and will return to UK in six months’ time.

• Appreciate if you could advise whether I can request the ceremony to be conducted in UK high commission in Australia if I travel now.
• If I get the Naturalisation certificate from UK high commission in Australia, can I apply for my UK passport from there.

Scenario two.
• If I get my Naturalisation certificate before my travel , can I travel using my original non UK passport to Australia and can I apply for the UK passport from Australia when I land there.

Both me and my wife is currently on ILR. Appreciate if you could clarify ,When my little boy come to the world (in Australia) what will be his immigration status on the following two scenarios.

• If I do not get UK naturalisation by the time he is out
• If I have the Naturalisation but still not have the UK passport with me yet by the time he is out

please advice.
Thanks.

foufou

Post by foufou » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:13 am

Anjalee221 wrote:HI, I applied for Naturalisation in 1 June 2015. I have given all biometric data and currently waiting for the approval. I have a personal situation that I have to travel to Australia soon and be there for couple of months. We went on holiday to Australia and my wife had an accident. She is pregnant and with her condition she is living with my in laws as she is in safe hands during her pregnancy. But it is closer to the due dates and I want to travel to Australia. My plan is that I travel to Australia and will return to UK in six months’ time.

• Appreciate if you could advise whether I can request the ceremony to be conducted in UK high commission in Australia if I travel now.
• If I get the Naturalisation certificate from UK high commission in Australia, can I apply for my UK passport from there.

Scenario two.
• If I get my Naturalisation certificate before my travel , can I travel using my original non UK passport to Australia and can I apply for the UK passport from Australia when I land there.

Both me and my wife is currently on ILR. Appreciate if you could clarify ,When my little boy come to the world (in Australia) what will be his immigration status on the following two scenarios.

• If I do not get UK naturalisation by the time he is out
• If I have the Naturalisation but still not have the UK passport with me yet by the time he is out

please advice.
Thanks.
u will get the best answer if u call the home office or email them

pnb
Newly Registered

Post by pnb » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:01 am

Yes best to call home office.

Tell you what I got from them when I asked similar question..

• If I do not get UK naturalisation by the time he is out -> ur child has to apply for normal dependent visa for entry clearance.
• If I have the Naturalisation but still not have the UK passport with me yet by the time he is out ->
once you attend the ceremony ur british, and if the baby is born after that date you can apply for british passport for ur child from Australia. It doesn't matter if u got ur british passport its only the ceremony date if it is before ur child birth.

Travel -> u can travel on ur current passport once u attend the ceremony. UK allows , but only u need to check with austraila if u hold Australian passport if it allows u to travel onlce u change ur citizenship. Most country will have a colling period for u to surrender their passport .it could be up to 3 months and during this beriod u can travel on their passport . Please check with ur relevant country passport office.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:58 pm

Almost started panickinn when HO sent me a letter. It was a SECOND acknowledgnent woth the right application type this time- AN6(2) and not AN6(1) .... Better not re-request biometrics when ive already done them like 10 days ago

shoebyunus
Newly Registered

Post by shoebyunus » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:16 pm

Hi There,

i am about for apply for naturalization on the basis of 5 years work and 1 yr ILR. But as per the new May 2015 form, we have to disclose the employment history for last 10 years. I was student before 6 years and have worked part time in sales roles here and there. Do I have to declare that as well ? If yes, will it affect my application ?

Also if my application is rejected for some reason, can HO cancel my ILR ?

Please advise.

Thanks

khan7861
Newly Registered

Post by khan7861 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:48 am

Morning every one,

could you please help me. I am applying naturalisation next week stuck this reference,

I am using one of my friend he is 40 year old and recently got his British passport

other one is accountant and has got ILR,

I am bit confuse both are ok or not,I need some senior person advise .

Thanks