ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On HSMP-FLR can i start a Limited Company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

itsme
Member of Standing

On HSMP-FLR can i start a Limited Company

Post by itsme » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:48 am

All, Currently am on 2nd year of HSMP (FLR completed, ILR due in sept 2010). Am about to start a Limited Company and be a director too.
I guess its legal, but does it have any impact on ILR keeping latest rules in mind ?? any suggestions are highly appreciated. thanks in advance.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: On HSMP-FLR can i start a Limited Company

Post by pantaiema » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:33 pm

Yes u Can. Just make sure that U get necessary points for earning to pass the threshold of 75 points for ext.

itsme wrote:All, Currently am on 2nd year of HSMP (FLR completed, ILR due in sept 2010). Am about to start a Limited Company and be a director too.
I guess its legal, but does it have any impact on ILR keeping latest rules in mind ?? any suggestions are highly appreciated. thanks in advance.
Pantaiema

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Thanks pantaiema for your reply, i already got extension ILR due by 2010.
---

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:47 pm

hello pantaiema,
What if 'itsme' falls under transitional arrangements and shows his business papers and unable to get 75 points?

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:06 pm

herts wrote:hello pantaiema,
What if 'itsme' falls under transitional arrangements and shows his business papers and unable to get 75 points?
herts, are you referring to 75 points for extension or ILR ?
FYI - I already got extension, as mentioned earlier.
---

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi itsme,
For ILR then I am not aware that you have to earn some specific amount of money as long as you can support yourself without taking any public funds it should all be ok.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:40 pm

This is generally true. But U might still have the problem as U are under HSMP which is slightly different with any other categories. So my advice do not tkae it for granted do a best as U can

herts wrote:Hi itsme,
For ILR then I am not aware that you have to earn some specific amount of money as long as you can support yourself without taking any public funds it should all be ok.
Pantaiema

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:25 pm

itsme wrote:
How come you already got extension.... Are you on 1+4 or 2+3 model....because you said you are on 2nd year.....just want to know have you made (toooo) early (like 3-4 months in advance) before your visa expires.......

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:47 pm

kck9 wrote:
itsme wrote:
How come you already got extension.... Are you on 1+4 or 2+3 model....because you said you are on 2nd year.....just want to know have you made (toooo) early (like 3-4 months in advance) before your visa expires.......
am on 1+4 year model, got FLR last year.
---