ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about spouse visa extension and financial ...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Enerlevel
Newly Registered

Question about spouse visa extension and financial ...

Post by Enerlevel » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:30 pm

Hi all,
I had got my first spouse visa 1 and half year ago and it's about time to apply again next year. Many things have changed since then.. I was a student back then but now I have a limited company with another partner (non related). I have a few questions running in my head, I hope this forum can clear them up.

1) I get paid by my company as a normal employee. during the time of application (June 2016) do I have to show ukba 6 months bank statement with the salary coming into the account or 12 months?

2) my limited company also has another partner who is not related to me apart from the business what we do. Does that mean my income will be calculated in cat A and B as normal employeed person?

3) for the future, when I apply for ILR, do I still have to show them the minimum £18600 income? Or is it just for the first two extensions?

Thank you in advance for any input given

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Question about spouse visa extension and financial ...

Post by TODMATT » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:55 am

You need to read the financial requirements.

Are you the company director? if so, then you fall in Cat F from the financial requirement. You will have to combine some of the Cat in order to meet the requirement I think.

You do not need to show £18600 when applying for ILR but you need to show you can maintain yourselves without recourse to public funds and your marriage is still subsisting. You will need B1 Level in Speaking and Listening & Life in the UK Test.

Other experienced member may correct me if am wrong.
Last edited by TODMATT on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

nbe

Post by nbe » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:58 am

Category F is your route. Same as me. Combine your PAYE and Dividend and that is the figure you should declare on the form.

Enerlevel
Newly Registered

Post by Enerlevel » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:23 am

9.7.1. A limited company is owned by its shareholders. Where such a shareholder is also a
director employed by the company, they may be paid a salary and receive dividends,
which can generally be counted, as appropriate, as employment or non-employment
income under Category A, Category B or Category C. However, if the company is of the
type specified in paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE, the person’s income will be
considered under Category F or Category G. This is because in a company in sole or
limited family ownership there is scope for doubt as to the effective control of the
company, as the person is a director and shareholder or the other shareholders are
family members of that person. In that case, instead of the employment evidence in
Category A or Category B or the dividend evidence in Category C, we need evidence
about the operation of the company.
9.7.2. Paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE states that the specified type of limited company
registered in the UK is one in which:
(i) the person is a director of the company (or another company within the same group);
and
(ii) shares are held (directly or indirectly) by the person, their partner or the following
family members of the person or their partner, parent, grandparent, child, stepchild,
grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin;

Thos is something which confused me actually... does this mean that I can apply for cat A or B cause my company is shared by two directors who are not blood related at all.