ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikas_raghunath

Post by vikas_raghunath » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:03 pm

mrdeepak wrote:Guys,

I read on some other forum that UK Chennai Consulate was closed from 28th September till 03rd October from some upgradation. Is anyone else aware of this? If its true then 28, 1 and 3 will not be counted as working days.

@Vikas / Sarat -- have you guys received any response yet. I believe you have applied on 19th September (a week after I had applied).

Has anyone tried calling up BDHC and asking them? If yes, please share the number so that I can call them and check the status directly.

Also, is there any Dussherra holiday in Chennai consulate?

Thanks
Deepak
hi deepak,
yes i had called up british high commission on this number 044-42192308
But they were of no help , she just said that "you have to wait sir" , you call them up and try your luck . hopefully you get a different response

She gave me an email id of BHC to enquire about what stage of verification is your passport under.
Mail to "Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk"

Today evening when i messaged to 57333 i got a response which i was looking forward to
SMS status had changed to
The shipment has been handed over to blue dart on 18/10/2007

I might receive my documents tomorrow in bangalore .
I will update you guys about what happened
I am very nervous

anm374
Newly Registered

ec timeline

Post by anm374 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:09 pm

i had submitted EC application at VFS bangalore on 17th September . I recieved an email from chennai visa enquiries that a decision has been taken on my application today.
I am expecting a refusal as i know that if it was positive the embassy people do say that "visa has been approved" as in my friend's case.
this was my second application for EC. I will update u guys when i get my passport.