ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration with Overseas Visitors Records Office

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venkat76
Newly Registered

Registration with Overseas Visitors Records Office

Post by venkat76 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:31 am

Hi,

I've got Tier2 visa extension approval last week (same day service) and the approval letter mentions that I need to register with Overseas Visitors record office. This is mentioned thrice

However when i visited OVRO they mentioned that they dont register for Indian passport holders and its just a generic letter
I called the number 0300 123 2241 to confirm if i need to register but they asked me to check with Permium service office only

Has any one faced this situation, please advise next steps

Applicants granted limited leave to remain in the UI{ who are tequircd to regrister with the
polrce as a condition of thetr leave will no longet see the condition appear on theu Riornetric
Residence Permrt if it was issued on or after 24 April2015. If you are requred to register rvith
the police it wrll be conftrrned in this letter, which you must present when you registcr rvith the
poltce. Your Biometric Residence Permit will still confum your grant of leavc and an1' other
conditions attached to it

You and any of 1,our dependants aged 1,6 or over must now register with the police. A fee wrll
be charged and you must register within 7 days from the date of this letter or rvithin 7 days of
receipt of your Biometric Residence Permit. Your passport, recent passPort size photographs
of each person and this letter must be pror.ided for registrauon pur?oses. Pleasc check rvith
your registration office what othcr documentation 1,s11 will be required to produce

cset134
Newly Registered

Re: Registration with Overseas Visitors Records Office

Post by cset134 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi venkat76,

I got the same letter. Just to be sure, I got the OVRO to give me letter confirming that I don't need to register, they also stamped my passport with the same date as the letter to prove to HO in the future in case they claim that I was required to register.

What did premium service centre tell you?

secret.simon

Re: Registration with Overseas Visitors Records Office

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:24 am

See also Entry Clearance - Police Registration

To the best of my knowledge, Commonwealth citizens have always been exempt from police registration.