ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born abroad- British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

afnan
Newly Registered

Baby born abroad- British Passport

Post by afnan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Could someone share with us how to apply for British passport for baby born abroad? Both (mother & father) British citizen.

Which one will be quicker to get the new passport: 1) Register a birth aboard then apply for British passport? or 2) Apply for British passport then register a birth abroad?

Thanks

vinny

Re: Baby born abroad- British Passport

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:10 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

afnan
Newly Registered

Post by afnan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:43 am

vinny wrote:Overseas British passport applications.

Register a birth abroad is optional, but may be useful.
sorry but confused:

1. The link that you gave saying, "it is for dual nationals" (https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports). If the baby born in a country where I am working, for example, Middle East, won't give the citizenship and we can only get British citizenship, still use the same application form?
2. Or should we apply using MN1 form: https://www.gov.uk/register-british-cit ... outside-uk
3. If I come to the UK just to apply for my baby's passport (how I applied for my previous British born child), can I get it that way?

thanks again

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:11 am

1. If child is not a dual national, then there's no need to comply with the requirements for dual nationals.
2. If child is automatically British, then child cannot register on form MN1 and child may apply for a British passport directly.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

afnan
Newly Registered

Post by afnan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:24 pm

vinny wrote:1. If child is not a dual national, then there's no need to comply with the requirements for dual nationals.
2. If child is automatically British, then child cannot register on form MN1 and child may apply for a British passport directly.
Thanks vinny for clarifying.

with Option one, it is saying "it will take at least 6 months to get the passport" - that is not convenient

Can I visit UK and apply for Passport there in Passport office under "1 week first time (Child)" appointment system. ?

Please someone share experience...