ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for advice regarding Long Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

StellarCow
Newly Registered

Looking for advice regarding Long Residence

Post by StellarCow » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Hello, I have been in the UK for 6 years now (legally as a student). I have applied for a student VISA last June (2014) and have been refused. I have then appealed against their decision and is waiting for the court hearing. Now the thing is, I am gay and I really don't want to go back to my country where being Gay is considered bad and punishable. Me and my girlfriend are both from India and was wondering what is our best chance to remain here. We know that returning back to India means being forced to marry a guy/ never being able to marry each other/ Going to 10 years+ in prison with fine or even something worse. Please, some kind of advice would mean so much as I have seen this community doing a great job at helping others and I am really glad that I found this forum.

So basically, I'd like to know what is the best option available for me and my girlfriend.