ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Qaiser125
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Qaiser125 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:35 pm

Makaysia90 wrote:hi everyone!!!!!
i have been a silent follower since last year and finally got the courage to post my story
i came to the UK illegally through ireland in april 2012. i have been with my british partner since august 2010. we met in my home country where his mum is from. we had our first daughter in 2011 and he left soon after to settle in London. i followed him the same year but went to ireland for college then left in april the following year to my sisters in manchester. i kept going up and down from london to manchester until i fell pregnant and gave birth last year to our second daughter in january. i finally moved to live with him permanently in march. i first applied for zambrano in august and refused in october with the right to appeal. they gave me the right to work so i raised enough to make another application based on family and private life. i applied in march of this year and it took like 3months to get a final answer so heres my timeline below:

flr (fp) sent 16 march
acknowledgment letter received 23 march
biometric letter 25 march
biometric done 26 march
more documents requested 28 may deadline 10 june
more documents sent 8 june
documents and decision received 15 june GRANTED
BRP received 18 june
to God be all the glory!!!!!!! thank you to everyone. i couldnt have done it without this forum!!
congrats Makaysia90.... i am going to apply flr fp in couple of weeks..which solicitor did your application?/ which country are you from?
thnx

Mr Goody Goody
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Goody Goody » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:38 pm

mrashid02139 wrote:
Mr Goody Goody wrote:Hello All,
Just a quick one, I sent my application to the HO on 2nd of June and up till today I have not received a letter nor a confirmation of application though a check on the Royal mail website shows it has been delivered with a signature and name of the receiver. I believe most applicants receive a letter within a week of application for the FLR FP both on 7 years rule and partners of a British citizen. Please good people advice on what to do. Thank you all
My wife is in the same boat as you Mr Goody Goody. My wife also applied on 22 May 2015 and money was taken on 2nd June 2015. Still waiting for her Acknowledgement letter. We are unsure what to do as it is unusual to wait more than 4 weeks for an acknowledgement. Could anyone please suggest us what to do or provide me any telephone number of UKVI or HO so that we can contact them?
Thank you for your reply. Truly it is very frustrating waiting for mails everyday. But have you received any letter from the HO after then as for me No letters yet.
Thanks

Makaysia90
Newly Registered

Post by Makaysia90 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Qaiser125 wrote:
Makaysia90 wrote:hi everyone!!!!!
i have been a silent follower since last year and finally got the courage to post my story
i came to the UK illegally through ireland in april 2012. i have been with my british partner since august 2010. we met in my home country where his mum is from. we had our first daughter in 2011 and he left soon after to settle in London. i followed him the same year but went to ireland for college then left in april the following year to my sisters in manchester. i kept going up and down from london to manchester until i fell pregnant and gave birth last year to our second daughter in january. i finally moved to live with him permanently in march. i first applied for zambrano in august and refused in october with the right to appeal. they gave me the right to work so i raised enough to make another application based on family and private life. i applied in march of this year and it took like 3months to get a final answer so heres my timeline below:

flr (fp) sent 16 march
acknowledgment letter received 23 march
biometric letter 25 march
biometric done 26 march
more documents requested 28 may deadline 10 june
more documents sent 8 june
documents and decision received 15 june GRANTED
BRP received 18 june
to God be all the glory!!!!!!! thank you to everyone. i couldnt have done it without this forum!!
congrats Makaysia90.... i am going to apply flr fp in couple of weeks..which solicitor did your application?/ which country are you from?
thnx
Thank you and i applied myself :) i'm from malawi

And may i add i have a bill with the nhs for the birth of my 2nd child so if anyone is scared to apply because of that, DONT be. I just showed that i'm paying it off and its not much cause i'm not working and my case worker accepted it :) ANYTHING is possible with God

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:21 pm

Not received any letter yet. Still waiting.

sweetie3
Newly Registered

Post by sweetie3 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:07 pm

[quote="mrashid02139"]Not received any letter yet. Still waiting.[/quot

Heyy mrashid02139...what's your time line please. .

Am still waiting for a letter too...I applied on the 28.05.2015 but haven't received nothing

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:04 am

It's my wife, who applied on 22nd May 2015. Still waiting for the acknowledgement letter. Dont know how long would that take to get the biometric letter :(

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:45 am

Tuga wrote:@Godgives and saady.... I think the risk is, at what time can you apply for set(lr) ? From the information that you've given it does appear you can only qualify for that application from 20th of August. By then you have overstayed 17days; if you apply anytime earlier than this date you will be refused.
The question therefore will be, will that 17 days overstaying be classified as a breach? This is wher I think the risk is. I might be wrong but I think 3C does not cover you in this situation, so the only cover is the 28 lapse period. You might want to get professional help on this if you want to go that route.

@Godgives...Please correct me if I'm wrong.
@tuga its best to apply before your leave expires. Homeoffice will not make a decision in 17days plus it could take 6weeks to get biometric letter and then 3-4months to get a decision. My advice is to apply asap
Godgives

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:26 pm

zakir1988 wrote:Hi Guys

I'm in need of desperate information

I've been following this post a while now I did post my wife's story here and her success in which she got her visa under FLR FP parent route (10 year route)

Now the situation is my wife came with her mum July 2009 the age of 14 now 22 her mum applied for asylum because my wife's nan had a stroke kept on applying after refusal now that my wife got visa surely my wife's mum got a case here.

Can someone give me some advice as my wife's cousin sister went to a good solicitor they said they can't do nothing.

Can someone give me some advice please

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:29 pm

poketoholo wrote:Hello members, it's been a long time. My friend is an over stayer for 3 years, he came to UK on a visitor's Visa. His solicitor adviced him to go for an EU patner, My question is: Does the lady who is a French national who lives in France needs to reside here in UK with him?? Does she need to have a job and work in UK?? Pls what exactly does my friend needs to do on his own side about the whole process?? Pls what's the best way forward!
Thank u all God bless! ..... Verbina...Godgives... and all the great people and GURUS in the forum! kindly assist with this!
Persistence over comes resistance!
It is much easier if the partner lives here in the uk. She will need to have a job as she has to get a confirmation from her employer that she works. All the best for your friend
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:36 pm

zakir1988 wrote:

I'm in need of desperate information

I've been following this post a while now I did post my wife's story here and her success in which she got her visa under FLR FP parent route (10 year route)

Now the situation is my wife came with her mum July 2009 the age of 14 now 22 her mum applied for asylum because my wife's nan had a stroke kept on applying after refusal now that my wife got visa surely my wife's mum got a case here.

Can someone give me some advice as my wife's cousin sister went to a good solicitor they said they can't do nothing.

Can someone give me some advice please
your wife can apply for her mum as a dependant on flr(lr). She needs to provide evidence she is her mum and they live as a family. It is good if she has a job to support her mum. And any grandchildren should be mentioned. And also her poor health. All the best
Godgives

poketoholo

Post by poketoholo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:37 pm

Thanks so much GodGives! ..wish u a successful outcome with your case!
pt

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi Guys

I need you guys to shed some light when I apply for my wife's visa extension discretionary leave I know I have to pay an NHS bill which I know is £200 per year so it will be around £400 for her 30 months visa Her visa will run out on July 2017.

I wanted to know what documents do I have to submit this time round

Last time I submitted when I applied for FLR FP

1. Pay slips
2. Tenancy agreements
3. Doctor letters
4. Daughter birth certificate full one
5. Child Tax credit and Child Benefit award letters
6. My wife's name on house bills
7. Daughters Doctor letters

Can someone tell me what Documnets will I need when I apply next time round for her discretionary leave.

Are they same documents as above I mentioned I will need to provide again or less documents I can provide next time round can someone elaborate

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:20 pm

mrashid02139 wrote:
Mr Goody Goody wrote:Hello All,
Just a quick one, I sent my application to the HO on 2nd of June and up till today I have not received a letter nor a confirmation of application though a check on the Royal mail website shows it has been delivered with a signature and name of the receiver. I believe most applicants receive a letter within a week of application for the FLR FP both on 7 years rule and partners of a British citizen. Please good people advice on what to do. Thank you all
My wife is in the same boat as you Mr Goody Goody. My wife also applied on 22 May 2015 and money was taken on 2nd June 2015. Still waiting for her Acknowledgement letter. We are unsure what to do as it is unusual to wait more than 4 weeks for an acknowledgement. Could anyone please suggest us what to do or provide me any telephone number of UKVI or HO so that we can contact them?
I will advise you guys to contact the UKBA, Inform them you have yet to receive an acknowledgement letter although they will try to call you back in few days. Acknowledgement shouldn't take ages cause it is normally generated few days after being received but we don't know if it was lost in the post or not.

0300 0123 2241 Option 3
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

dr.me
Newly Registered

Post by dr.me » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:03 pm

[quote][/quote]
guys applying in may and june especially if u have check that they have received it,just know dt it bcus this period is a busytime time for ho as many tier 4 especially and other tierrs try to renew their documents with the limited number of staff.i am hopeful that they will definitely reply u .

aysie

Post by aysie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:58 pm

*****update****

Contacted the home office last week Thursday as the 8 week guideline had passed. Was called back on Monday to be told that a decision still hasn't been made and the 8 weeks is just a guideline, it's a simple dl renewal based on British wife and child. No change in circumstances! What is taking so long ????

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:54 am

I need you guys to shed some light when I apply for my wife's visa extension discretionary leave I know I have to pay an NHS bill which I know is £200 per year so it will be around £400 for her 30 months visa Her visa will run out on July 2017.

1. Pay slips
2. Tenancy agreements
3. Doctor letters

Can someone tell me what Documnets will I need when I apply next time round for her discretionary leave.

Are they same documents as above I mentioned I will need to provide again or less documents I can provide next time round can someone elaborate

Can anyone tell me please

omobajay
Newly Registered

Post by omobajay » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:09 am

zakir1988 wrote:

1. Pay slips
2. Tenancy agreements
3. Doctor letters

Can anyone tell me please

Honestly Zakir, there are pple here who need advice for the recent u are here stressin about 2017 who knows what the rules will be then man? Plus 30months will be 500 for ur information, pls let's help pple who have recent issues not 2017.

sammer
Newly Registered

Post by sammer » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi all,
I've been following this forum and I thought it was helpful and wanted to post my timeline for Flr ( fp ) 10 year partner route 2nd extension.
Granted four weeks after Biomerics taking,whole process took 6 weeks.

Date Applied/Docs sent: 13/05/15
Date Received Ack. Letter: 29/05/15<--- Human rights letter and biometric invitation received together dated 27/05/15
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 29/05/15
Date Biometrics Done at PO : Same day 29/05/15
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Granted 25/06/15 received today 27/06/2015
Date Biometrics received : Waiting (Hopefully next week)
Visa Type : FLR(fp)

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:41 am

sammer wrote:Hi all,
I've been following this forum and I thought it was helpful and wanted to post my timeline for Flr ( fp ) 10 year partner route 2nd extension.

Date Received Ack. Letter: 29/05/15<--- Human rights letter and biometric invitation received together dated 27/05/15
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Granted 25/06/15 received today 27/06/2015
Date Biometrics received : Waiting (Hopefully next week)
Congratulations Sammer!!! You are very lucky. Could you please kindly tell us your scenario and what documents did you submit to the home office? It will really help us to understand the HO requirements, as many of us have applied for FLR(FP)

sweetie3
Newly Registered

Post by sweetie3 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:40 am

Hello everyone. .

It's been four weeks now since I applied for my flr o extension and haven't received any acknowledgement letter. .I called home office yesterday and they said its normal to take that long since the number of application submitted during the same time as mine might be alot...he checked on their system and my details wasn't showing yet..he said it should have taken 2 to 3 weeks but it's normal to take longer than that period. ...anyone going through the same situation as mine? And secondly DWP needs s letter from a solicitor indicating my status in the country at the moment and I didn't use a solicitor when I applied for my extension otherwise I will loose my benefits. .how do I go about this please....anyone with sn idea

aysie

Post by aysie » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:32 pm

sweetie3 wrote:Hello everyone. .

It's been four weeks now since I applied for my flr o extension and haven't received any acknowledgement letter. .I called home office yesterday and they said its normal to take that long since the number of application submitted during the same time as mine might be alot...he checked on their system and my details wasn't showing yet..he said it should have taken 2 to 3 weeks but it's normal to take longer than that period. ...anyone going through the same situation as mine? And secondly DWP needs s letter from a solicitor indicating my status in the country at the moment and I didn't use a solicitor when I applied for my extension otherwise I will loose my benefits. .how do I go about this please....anyone with sn idea
We are going into week 10, still no decision made, I saw someone on this thread got theirs back after a short number of weeks I don't know how they allocate their decisions :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

TarnsNZ
Newly Registered

Post by TarnsNZ » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi all,

I have applied for an extension of my ancestry visa (FLR(O)), and received an acknowledgement letter saying my case is complicated (not sure why... it's pretty straight forward) and that it may take longer than the standard 8 weeks processing time. Also included was a letter for biometrics enrolment, which I did 3 weeks ago now. I'm a little bit worried because I seem to have misplaced the letters since submitting my biometrics. I have a photo of the first page which has my case number on it, but I don't have any 'proof' that I have submitted my biometrics now as I have lost the page they gave me back at the post office. I was just wanting to confirm that you don't have to send anything back once having biometrics taken, this is all done automatically? Am I likely to need those letters again?

I also noticed a lot of people mentioning they called up to ask about their application, but I couldn't find any phone numbers other than 'general enquiries'. Is someone able to confirm the number you can call to ask about your visa?

Thanks

aysie

Post by aysie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:57 am

TarnsNZ wrote:Hi all,

I have applied for an extension of my ancestry visa (FLR(O)), and received an acknowledgement letter saying my case is complicated (not sure why... it's pretty straight forward) and that it may take longer than the standard 8 weeks processing time. Also included was a letter for biometrics enrolment, which I did 3 weeks ago now. I'm a little bit worried because I seem to have misplaced the letters since submitting my biometrics. I have a photo of the first page which has my case number on it, but I don't have any 'proof' that I have submitted my biometrics now as I have lost the page they gave me back at the post office. I was just wanting to confirm that you don't have to send anything back once having biometrics taken, this is all done automatically? Am I likely to need those letters again?

I also noticed a lot of people mentioning they called up to ask about their application, but I couldn't find any phone numbers other than 'general enquiries'. Is someone able to confirm the number you can call to ask about your visa?

Thanks
@tarnsNZ
This seems to be the new excuse, they told us them same!
You can call the number listed on gov.uk and select other enquiries and they will take your details for a call back in 72 hours.
Gov.uk states that postal applications will be decided within 8 weeks, so maybe see what the home office say and then contact your local MP who could chase up the application?
Good luck

Qaiser125
Newly Registered

Post by Qaiser125 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:47 pm

hi all i am going to apply for flr fp 10 yr route next week...i am from Pakistan.i came to uk as a tier 4 dependant in 2012.my husband is a settled person now.we have one child from our marriage who is 2 yrs old born in uk and is british. we applied on flr m, which was refused stating i have overstayed.so we are now applying on flr fp..can anyone guide me about the documents which we should submit along our form. i have read so many success stories in this forum.and they raised my hopes.but i am worried about the insurmountable obstacles..anyone from Pakistan who has got their visa if they can share what they included in the obstacles part,will be a great help. thnx

sammer
Newly Registered

Post by sammer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi all,

Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Granted 25/06/15 received 27/06/2015
Date Biometrics received : 29/06/2015