ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ASIF82

P60

Post by ASIF82 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:11 pm

Hello All,

I am currently on Tier 1 General (2+3) route and I am employed.

I will apply shortly for my ILR. I keep hearing from my friends that I need to attach 5 years worth of P60. I couldn't find this in guidance notes. Can you please let me know is this something necessary, or are there any issues of not attaching them.

Regards,

Zun
Newly Registered

Re: P60

Post by Zun » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:16 pm

I only attached 1 p60 , the one I received for the last year .

you are awarded points based on your income for the last 12 months , not 5 years .

Regards

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:30 pm

ASIF82 wrote:Hello All,

I am currently on Tier 1 General (2+3) route and I am employed.

I will apply shortly for my ILR. I keep hearing from my friends that I need to attach 5 years worth of P60. I couldn't find this in guidance notes. Can you please let me know is this something necessary, or are there any issues of not attaching them.

Regards,
Asif, there is a section on Page 74 of the form SET(0) which says
"If you were a Tier 1 (General) migrant, evidence that you were economically active in the UK in employment or self-employment or both (see section 12L)"
To fulfil this requirement generally people suggest to give P60 for 5 years of you can get employment history from HMRC.

Hope this helps

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:38 pm

P60's or your HMRC employment history covering the last 5 years can help demonstrate that you were economically active during your 5 year residence period as a Tier 1 General Migrant. Therefore it would be recommended that you have them available to provide. Additionally, given the recent detailed scrutiny around whether applicants have met their income tax obligations, I'd personally recommend providing these even if they are not requested. And as an obvious point, do ensure that your HMRC tax affairs are in order prior to applying.

ASIF82

Post by ASIF82 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Dear All, thanks for you replies. Its not that i have outstanding tax :)

I was sometimes during my 5 year period below the threshold (required salary to qualify) so was wondering would that be of any issue.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:20 pm

ASIF82 wrote:I was sometimes during my 5 year period below the threshold (required salary to qualify) so was wondering would that be of any issue.
No, that's not an issue. There is no requirement for you to meet the same income threshold continuously throughout your ILR residence period.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:22 pm

Submitting any official tax document always helps your case.

For Section 12 , I submitted all 5 years tax details, accurate to the penny NI, TAX

And yes your points are calculated on your current earning ( 12 months out of 15), so any dip in the salary in previous qualifying years is absolutely fine.

venkatasureshs

Post by venkatasureshs » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:57 pm

If you need last 5 years Tax statements, you can contact HMRC and ask for Employment History and Tax statements.
It may take a week or so to get the docs delivered to your address...

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:34 pm

@argus7
Sections 12 does not ask about the evidence like this. Finance is only involved when you fill section 5 but for Tier 1(G) you need to fill section 5 upto 5.5, so I dont think so they have asked about this there. For section 12L Tier 1(G) you are already providing evidences in 9A.

Jayna
Newly Registered

Post by Jayna » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:51 am

You are not required to provide P60 for last 5 yrs or Hmrc leletter. You only need to prove earnings for last 12 months. Proof of economic activity for last 5 years is not required if you are on Tier 1 general only.

Zun
Newly Registered

Post by Zun » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:49 am

That's what I said .. :roll:

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:10 pm

A quick note to try and help eliminate the confusion that there appears to be around providing evidence here. Its true that the form does not explicitly ask for evidence if applying under the T1G route. However many caseworkers have requested this when attending PEO appointments, as a means to very whether an applicant has been economically active throughout there ILR residence period, which is a requirement when applying for ILR as a T1G migrant. The HO will do independent verification of HMRC records, irrespective of whether P60's or employment history details are provided by the applicant.

The requirement for being economically active during the residence period, applies to all applicants applying for ILR, under a Skilled Migration route.

Jayna
Newly Registered

Post by Jayna » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:18 pm

That's not entirely true. If you are under Tier 1 general, it is not a requirement to be in employment throughout the 5 years. Also you can provide p60 for 5 years if you wish, but it is not a requirement. Also, homeoffice do not check hmrc records as a matter of routine. Further checks can be requested on a balance of probabilities. I know a lot of people on this forum who have said they always check, that is not true.
If your taxes and NI are up to date, you don't have to worry about it.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Jayna wrote:That's not entirely true. If you are under Tier 1 general, it is not a requirement to be in employment throughout the 5 years.
When I say it's a requirement that you be economically active during your ILR residence period, that does not equate to being employed every day/month during that period. Providing the P60's helps demonstrate that you were economically active, hence the general recommendation to have these available when applying, even though it isn't a requirement.

But as you say they can check for themselves if they so wish, the only reason for the suggestion here is as a means to demonstrate it and simplify the verification process.