ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted COS decisions for june 2015

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YANGJINGBIAO
Newly Registered

Re: Restricted COS decisions for june 2015

Post by YANGJINGBIAO » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:36 pm

I just wanna say damn it. I have been waiting for this RCOS for more than half a year and the minimum score required just suddenly jumped up to 50 points. What a tough luck.

I was really hoping the conservative party would step down in this year's election. They want employers to train local citizen, but you have to realise there are not many local brits who are willing to be trained.

Anyway, let's hope next month's minimum score will go down a little bit. Fingers crossed

ks227

Post by ks227 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:17 pm

My Employer is applying next month for RCoS , I have 40 points (30 RLMT + 10 Salary )

Looking at this month allocation hitting 50 points instead of 32 , Is it likely at all that i will be assigned RCoS, any other advice/suggestions please

thank you

ks227

Post by ks227 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Same here, applying next month with 40 points, nervous I am.

ks227

Post by ks227 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:37 am

oase wrote:Guess that means I'm screwed at 37 points? Still no official word from me but guess i should expect the worst.
Did you get any reply , mate ?

i will be applying with 40 points next month, and it is not looking good.

sjz
Newly Registered

Post by sjz » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 am

Has everyone received response from their HR on the CoS assignment for June by now or waiting for the response from the HR team? Please share your experience.

Kind Regards

YANGJINGBIAO
Newly Registered

Post by YANGJINGBIAO » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Basically, we just have to request our employer to re-apply again in the hope that the demand will decrease slightly in the next month's cycle. If second try failed, I really doubt any employer will be willing to try a third time.

I really feel angry about conservative's migrant policy. Skilled immigrants coming to the UK to contribute to their economy, at the same time, to earn a decent life. They really work harder a thousand times than locals. I just don't understand. It feels like these people just want to mess up our life.

In the long-run, I feel the UK economy and the general competitiveness is going down. No wonder once the great empire was replaced by America

Monika_tyagi
India

Post by Monika_tyagi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:58 am

As I understand my points will be 40 (Accenture UK will be processing my R-Cos) not sure how July allocation will work ? and what were the reason of cut off point as 50 in this month, any ideas ?

ks227

Post by ks227 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:42 am

Monika_tyagi wrote:As I understand my points will be 40 (Accenture UK will be processing my R-Cos) not sure how July allocation will work ? and what were the reason of cut off point as 50 in this month, any ideas ?
Hello Monika Same here

My point will be 40 ( 30 for RLMT + 10 For salary) , and the way I understand it in June the Demands surpassed the number of certificates they can assign for any particular month.

For example. if they have 1650 quotas for June and there are 1650 applications for RCoS with points above 50 and 394 applications with points 32-50. In that case to meet the quotas they assigned the certificates with anyone who had atleast 50 points. and rejected the other 394 applications.

If they can not accept it all for any particular points then they reject it all. (that is how the fairness works they think)

I will be having 40 points and I hope the demands go slightly down next month, this is so unusual and happened for the first time that minimum points are raised to 50.

Monika_tyagi
India

Post by Monika_tyagi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:11 pm

ks227 wrote:
Monika_tyagi wrote:As I understand my points will be 40 (Accenture UK will be processing my R-Cos) not sure how July allocation will work ? and what were the reason of cut off point as 50 in this month, any ideas ?
Hello Monika Same here

My point will be 40 ( 30 for RLMT + 10 For salary) , and the way I understand it in June the Demands surpassed the number of certificates they can assign for any particular month.

For example. if they have 1650 quotas for June and there are 1650 applications for RCoS with points above 50 and 394 applications with points 32-50. In that case to meet the quotas they assigned the certificates with anyone who had atleast 50 points. and rejected the other 394 applications.

If they can not accept it all for any particular points then they reject it all. (that is how the fairness works they think)

I will be having 40 points and I hope the demands go slightly down next month, this is so unusual and happened for the first time that minimum points are raised to 50.

Thanks KS277 for your reply.... Can you tell me which company is sponsoring you?

ks227

Post by ks227 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:47 pm

Monika_tyagi wrote:
ks227 wrote:
Hello Monika Same here

Thanks KS277 for your reply.... Can you tell me which company is sponsoring you?

ks227

Post by ks227 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:50 pm

Monika

Rolls Royce is sponsoring me , I have completed aeronautical engineering here only to compete first for uni, then for degree, and then job and now visa :roll:

Here is an article that explains a lot of what we are discussing

https://www.kingsleynapley.co.uk/news-a ... -the-limit

Monika_tyagi
India

Post by Monika_tyagi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:37 pm

ks227 wrote:Monika

Rolls Royce is sponsoring me , I have completed aeronautical engineering here only to compete first for uni, then for degree, and then job and now visa :roll:

So any word from your HR about this situation nd when is your joining date ?? :|

ks227

Post by ks227 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:57 pm

Monika_tyagi wrote:

So any word from your HR about this situation nd when is your joining date ?? :|
I will be applying for RCoS the first time by July 05 , so HR has nothing to say until we see how it goes in July and start dates are first week of August. But it is unlikely that Employers will give second third chance if we are not granted RCoS in first attempt.

This really is a sad situation , thanks to Mr. Cameron for discriminating on the basis of nationality. :evil:

What about yourself ?

Porus

Post by Porus » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi Ks227,
"only to compete first for uni, then for degree, and then job and now visa :"
with 30 ~K salary , I guess your next hurdle would be 35 k slab for ILR . Further if dependent work restriction comes into play in 2016 and if you plan to get married in the next 5 years then you would be worrying about that aspect as well.... Hope you get my drift?! ..

Monika_tyagi
India

Post by Monika_tyagi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:20 pm

ks227 wrote:
Monika_tyagi wrote:

I will be applying for RCoS the first time by July 05 , so HR has nothing to say until we see how it goes in July and start dates are first week of August. But it is unlikely that Employers will give second third chance if we are not granted RCoS in first attempt.

This really is a sad situation , thanks to Mr. Cameron for discriminating on the basis of nationality. :evil:

What about yourself ?
Ya got u.... my R-CoS is gonna apply by Aceenture/PWC Leagal team in July.... my Joining is last week of Sept. So hopefully we both will get it in first attemp..... :wink:
can join me at skype: monika.tyagi88

ks227

Post by ks227 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Ya got u.... my R-CoS is gonna apply by Aceenture/PWC Leagal team in July.... my Joining is last week of Sept. So hopefully we both will get it in first attemp..... :wink:
can join me at skype: monika.tyagi88[/quote]

Hope so :)

vizard
Newly Registered

Post by vizard » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Pretty much same situation as most of you; reapplying in July. Fingers crossed

ffffpq
Newly Registered

Post by ffffpq » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:02 am

will apply in July at a fairly low point… concerning the minimum point to be granted in June, now I'm really worried about my application.

ffffpq
Newly Registered

Post by ffffpq » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:04 pm

May I ask if you got any suggestions from your sponsor, such as what are the other options once a rcos application is rejected, despite of reapplying in the next round? Will they consider including bonus into annual salary to raise the possibility of being granted a rcos, or deferring the offer to a later joining date, and in what situation they would consider withdrawing offers? Thanks for any information you might have on this matter.

fx125

Post by fx125 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:21 pm

ffffpq wrote:May I ask if you got any suggestions from your sponsor, such as what are the other options once a rcos application is rejected, despite of reapplying in the next round? Will they consider including bonus into annual salary to raise the possibility of being granted a rcos, or deferring the offer to a later joining date, and in what situation they would consider withdrawing offers? Thanks for any information you might have on this matter.
Bare with me if I'm wrong. To answer ur question, I think it depends on how far ur HR legal expertise is. According to the rules, ur COS salary comprises ur base pay + allowance (excluding pension fund) + guaranteed bonus. As for deferring/withdrawing offers, u should discuss directly with ur HR as it depends on ur company. In my opinion, if the position is filled through batch recruitment (graduate program, special program), u have higher chance to defer. If it's a normal vacancy, I don't think ur company can await u.

Also I have a question for gurus here, the COS salary threshold is based on 39hrs contract, if mine is 37.5hrs, I understand that it will be pro-rated in my COS application to check minimum salary requirement. So when assessing salary point in allocation meeting, do they consider my pro-rated one or my actual earning one?

Tks

valpovina
Newly Registered

Post by valpovina » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:03 am

Dear All

Maybe someone can help me, I applied for a Tier 2 visa and submitted the documents and biometrics on April 7th (delay is a big issue already). I wanted to know if in this case, the minimum points my application needs to meet corresponds to April or June, if it comes through this month? I estimate 45 points.

Thanks

krmz
Newly Registered

Post by krmz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:02 pm

I have Tier 4 dependant visa which is still valid for over a year. I got an offer from a company but my Rcos application was declined as well. If my next application is also declined in July, can I begin work using my Tier 4 dependant visa and keep applying for Rcos until I get one so that I can switch to Tier 2 while working?

chanel123
Newly Registered

Post by chanel123 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi all,

I am also in the same boat, rcos declined for June 2015 - reapplying in July 2015. I was wondering if the 394 applications not allocated are all applications (32 points +) or just the ones in the bracket that fall right below 50 points?

If the latter is the case, then is it more than likely that those with points below the 32,000-45,999 GBP will not get the rcos in July as well? I am not sure how many tries an employer has to continue to reapply till an allocation is received.

There has to be a better solution than this, or else those with lower salaries will never be allowed to work in the UK.

fx125

Post by fx125 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Well, I dont want to disappoint u but it's the latter case. There are more than (394+100) ppl with salary from 32-46k in Jun. They didn't disclose any further info so we never know it's 495 ppl or 1495 ppl.

In my opinion, from now on, there will be domino effect and those who score lowest one will never ever be successful. Companies, of course, will raise their voice but then it will take ages for the Home Office to implement appropriate solutions. And then we, as those who experience it for the 1st time in history, are now in trouble.

chanel123
Newly Registered

Post by chanel123 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:50 pm

I am at 39 points - no idea what's going to happen. This is brutal