ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Cohabitation Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atrang

ILR - Cohabitation Documents

Post by atrang » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi there gurus and fellow members,

I request you all to answer my query related to Cohabitation Documents to be submitted with ILR application.

I currently have the following documents:-

1. Council Tax Bills in Joint Names
2. Bank Statements for me
3. Bank statements for wife
4. Old Tenancy Agreement Copy in Joint Name
5. Some solicitor letters in joint names regarding purchase of property.
6. Marriage Certificate

Are these documents sufficient or I will need any additional documents with my application?
Me and my wife, both have some random letters from different sources, some of them include letters from HMRC. I am going to include those with the application. The utility bills only have my name and the only documents my wife receives regularly are the bank statements and salary slips. I am planning to request a letter from NHS confirming our address and names.

My query is what other documents I can submit as evidence of Cohabitaton if the above mentioned are not enough?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Cohabitation Documents

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:00 pm

Anything with your name and postcode. You should submit 6 pieces of evidence from 3 different sources, spread as evenly as possible over the 2 year period...a rule of thumb is one every 4 months. If you don't have 6 in joint names (although it appears you do), submit 12.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:01 pm

I think it should be fine as I am planning to go with the same list. Almost 90% of our documents have no joint names but same address.

atrang

Post by atrang » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Casa wrote:Anything with your name and postcode. You should submit 6 pieces of evidence from 3 different sources, spread as evenly as possible over the 2 year period...a rule of thumb is one every 4 months. If you don't have 6 in joint names (although it appears you do), submit 12.
Thanks for quick reply and suggestion Casa sir.
I do not have 6 documents in joint names, it's only 2 council tax bills and a tenancy agreement copy (not original as the agency could not provide original since the landlord lived remotely). The other document is some solicitor correspondence for a period of 3-4 months during purchase transaction of the property last year.

Can my wife's salary slips be submitted as address proof also?

Zun
Newly Registered

Post by Zun » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Your wife's salary slips can be used as well.

I am not saying follow what I did , but just to ease out a bit , You should be fine .

I only submitted bank statements in my partner's name for the last 2 years and that's all . There were no issues .

Regards

Zun
Newly Registered

Post by Zun » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:23 pm

but make sure you are covering the whole 2 year period or more if possible ...

atrang

Post by atrang » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Thanks Zun.
Bank statements are already included. I am just worried if it would be sufficient or not.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:34 pm

Quote "Me and my wife, both have some random letters from different sources, some of them include letters from HMRC. I am going to include those with the application"
Include these. As I've already posted, anything with name and postcode will be acceptable. Find 6 each in single names and you'll be fine. Do the pay slips have your address?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

atrang

Post by atrang » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Yes,

The payslips have name & address on them and they are received by post every month.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:28 pm

atrang wrote:Yes,

The payslips have name & address on them and they are received by post every month.
They'll be fine then.
(Casa, not CR001)

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi mate

Are you applying on Tier 1 General route? If yes than dont worry too much about cohabitation documents as I also submitted around 45 documents joint and on individual names but that folder even was not opened by case worker. But I gave photocopies so she might check those but original ones even not touch. This is my experience so depending on case worker.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

atrang

Post by atrang » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:08 am

Thanks Kashif.

Yes, I am applying on T-1 G route.