ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Retain right of residence pending application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

john232
Newly Registered

EEA Retain right of residence pending application

Post by john232 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi All,

I rarely post on any forums but thought this could be a good start. to keep it short, I am a non EU citizen (Lebanese) who came to the UK in 2007 on a student visa to do my MSc degree. In October 2009 I met a Lithuanian woman and in about 6 months we moved in together as a couple. soon after my student visa expired, I was then granted the 2 years PSW visa which expired round about Jan 2011. I overstayed after expiry as i was waiting for the COA to get married which came 5-6 months after. we then got married in the UK and applied for the residence card, granted till July 2016.
marriage lasted 3 years and a bit, and divorce was filed by my wife soon after, several reasons for this but mainly her affair with her current new English husband now.
in a nutshell, marriage lasted for 3 years, lived together for almost 4 years and a half, both employed, living and working in the UK. only issue was that I had to prove she was exercising her treaty rights through her company accounts (3 years accounts provided) as she was a director of her own company and hence not on a PAYE.

retain of residence application sent on 7/11/14
confirmation received on 17/11/14 with a note stating the application will be dealt with within 6 month, if not less
certificate of application received on 20/12/14
13/05/14 no decision, official complaint to the home office was sent through the lawyer - answer after 20 working days: still being considered.
to date i still haven't received a decision and it is adding a big burden to my life now. it's becoming very stressful and I am becoming very anxious as well. I have even wrote to my local MP who also didn't reply.

has anyone had a similar problem, how long did it take for the decision or would anyone be able to suggest an alternative that could speed up the process or decision?

thanks,
John

mohamed82

Re: EEA Retain right of residence pending application

Post by mohamed82 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:49 pm

U applied through a lawyer so he should aware about your situation but i advise you that to give them a call .
have you provided evidence her treaty right between digree nisi to absolute?
applications retains the rights is straightforward specially in ur case its abit worry . About ur study visa and ur marriage
also ur marriage lasted excat 3 years and abit specially ur wife is married now that mean she was in relationship with her husband during this three years marriage so its abit not straighforward but i belive u will be fine if u provide all evidence specially her treatty right till decree absolute .but give them a call .
MOHAMED AHMED

john232
Newly Registered

Post by john232 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for the reply, my lawyer has left the law firm and I'm not confident my case had been assigned to another yet.
Answering your questions, I have provided the home office with the last 3 years of her company accounts, that would include the period between the nisi and absolute. I will not comment on your second conclusion there.
Will take your advice and give them a call myself.

Thanks

mohamed82

Post by mohamed82 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:10 pm

I don't mean anything about comment i just try to let u aware about tht bit bcos so many application been refused recently bcos shame marriage specially retain the rights bcos of the marriage lasted excat 3years but as i told u i belive u will be fine if you got proves her treatty rights( work contracts or payslips or emplyer letter ) any proves she was working while the divorce processing.
u applied before the new application on 31jan that mean u have should called for interview
try to call them asap .
MOHAMED AHMED

john232
Newly Registered

Post by john232 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:28 pm

That's ok and I can see why someone would jump to this conclusion, our relationship was for 5 years and not 3.