ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences from the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

euapplicant15
Newly Registered

Absences from the UK

Post by euapplicant15 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Hi all,

I am going to apply for naturalisation at the end of September which will also be 7 years since I came to the UK. For the whole time I have been exercising EU treaty rights but due to the fact that I work for an airline and travel a lot for both business and pleasure I have clocked a total of 540 days out of the UK. I know that the AN guide says 'if your absences are up to 730 days we would expect you to have been resident in the UK for the last 7 years.' Do you know of a case when discretion was applied and the outcome was negative? I know it says they will consider the application given the conditions being met but is it a given? Am I worrying too much?

Thank you!

noajthan

Re: Absences from the UK

Post by noajthan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:58 am

euapplicant15 wrote:Hi all,

I am going to apply for naturalisation at the end of September which will also be 7 years since I came to the UK. For the whole time I have been exercising EU treaty rights but due to the fact that I work for an airline and travel a lot for both business and pleasure I have clocked a total of 540 days out of the UK. I know that the AN guide says 'if your absences are up to 730 days we would expect you to have been resident in the UK for the last 7 years.' Do you know of a case when discretion was applied and the outcome was negative? I know it says they will consider the application given the conditions being met but is it a given? Am I worrying too much?

Thank you!
This similar thread may help, you may wish to 'subscribe' to it:
british-citizenship/naturalisation-abse ... 88886.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.