ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Letter received but Travelling Abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sak20099
- thin ice -

Biometric Letter received but Travelling Abroad

Post by sak20099 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:21 pm

Hi Guys

I finally recievd the biometric letter , but i am out of country on business trip
Here is my time line
Application Applied: 13th May
Biometric received : 19th June

As letter says biometric needs to be done withing 15 days , if take 19th June as start will it be 9th July or 10th July as completion of 15 days ?
I may not able to come back to UK due to critical business visit within 15 days, what options do i have ? Do i need to write letter to homeoffice to give me more extra days ?

i am bit worried , any help would be greatly appreciated

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Biometric Letter received but Travelling Abroad

Post by fwd079 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:54 am

You can either come back and take the bio information on same day, or inform Home Office immediately and tell of your unavailability. Personally I think the latter will cause you delays of probably a few months. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Or how about giving Biometrics abroad ? Not sure whether its acceptable though. I guess probably check with local british embassy or VFS or even home office- drop them an urgent email and they will respond. You will still need the original biometric letter which you can speed post around as you will need the bar code on it.

Good luck.

sak20099
- thin ice -

Post by sak20099 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Thanks for the help ,

I may try to come within 15 days period however like to confirm

When the letter says 15 working days , does it include the date the letter is ? Also is it from Monday to Friday ?

Like on my letter the date is 19th June will 15 days ending on 10th July or 9th July ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:28 pm

A similar case, which may help you:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 89065.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:44 pm

sak20099 wrote:Thanks for the help ,

I may try to come within 15 days period however like to confirm

When the letter says 15 working days , does it include the date the letter is ? Also is it from Monday to Friday ?

Like on my letter the date is 19th June will 15 days ending on 10th July or 9th July ?
Working days in UK usually means Mon-Fri excluding any bank holidays.
As some Post Offices may operate on Saturdays it's unclear if Saturdays are treated as working days;
suggest erring on the side of caution when calculating the last day to enrol.

The caseworker's guidance is quite clear, failure to attend within 15 days of the date of the invitation letter will result in a warning letter and a final 10 working days grace period (from date of a 2nd letter):
Failure to attend Post Office
If a person who is eligible to enrol their biometric information at a Post Office does not attend a Post Office within 15 working days of the date of their biometric information notification letter, you must send them a ‘biometric appointment warning letter’

If a person is sent a rejection warning letter, they then have a further 10 working days from the date of the warning letter to enrol at a Post Office.
Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_v4_0.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.