ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) - Can they refuse if british child involved?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sal911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (M) - Can they refuse if british child involved?

Post by sal911 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:21 am

Hello All,

My wife is due to apply for the first extension to her spouse visa. Visa ends 9th October 2015. Her 2.5 year period ends 24th August 2015. I am quite confident we have enough to cover nearly all the evidence required. The only point I have a concern with is that although my income is well over the threshold and has been for the past 5 years I have not been banking enough of my income to cover the £18,600. I am planning to bank some funds from now until we apply but I am not sure if that will fall into the financial year UKBA are interested in. I am a director of a limited company with year end July.

We have a daughter who will be 21 months old in September and is a British citizen. My question is: IF they find the income not being deposited an issue, can they refuse knowing we have a british child?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) - Can they refuse if british child involved?

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:55 am

Are you a British citizen?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

sal911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sal911 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:23 am

Yes.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:40 am

Have you submitted company annual accounts to HMRC?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sal911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sal911 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:03 am

Not yet. Accounts will be submitted in the first week of August.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:26 pm

Some cases are treated differently but a friend of mine who applied under the new rules few years back was refused due to the fact he did not meet up with the requirement of £18,600 however he was granted further leave to remain on the bases of family life because he had adopted his wife child. Since you are British and your son is british then it is difficult for the Caseworker to refuse your wife FLR in my own opinion.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

sal911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sal911 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Hello again,

I am in the process of filling in form FLR(M) and some advice would really help regarding question on the financial requirement.

Our financial situation is my wife (the applicant) gets paid a salary (£7.5k) from my Ltd company. I receive a salary as well as dividends from the same ltd company. Although, I meet the 18,600 threshold with my sole income I would like to also use my wifes salary to re-inforce the application. The reason for this is my wife has been receiving her salary monthly in her bank account whereas I haven't (see previous posts). Therefore, I shall be relying on CAT A and CAT F to meet the financial requirement.

It seems I should fill in 7.3A with my wifes income and 7.3B with my income. At the end of 7.3A the total amount of salaried income I enter is £7500, the next question asks When combined does your annual income and your sponsors annual income from current employment meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet. I assume I should tick NO. A few questions later it states if you have ticked no then move on to question 7.3C. If ticked yes move on to 7.4. Therefore, in both instances missing 7.3B which I need to fill in

My question is:

1.have I assumed correctly in detailing our income in such a way and answering 7.3A and 7.3B.

2.should I tick Yes or No.

BTW... Apologies for the long winded post.

Thanks in advance

Secondly, should

sal911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sal911 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:56 pm

Update for anyone interested:

Positive result as leave was granted for a further 30 months. With regards to the financial situation I decided to leave my wife's income out of the equation to avoid confusion.