ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa mum refused: reapplyng ...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joey1
Newly Registered

visitor visa mum refused: reapplyng ...

Post by joey1 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:14 pm

My Mother applied for a visitor visa for herself to the UK from India first time visa seeker. ( to visit my sister)
*Refused visa with the reason*: that her 'financial and personal circumstances were not clear' - and the Visa officer stated that "Your bank balance as per your bank statement from "BankABC" is too low and it gives me an impression that you may not be able to support yourself without recourse to public funds".

Actually, the statement from "BankABC" that the refusal letter is referring to does not belong to my mother but belongs to me - I attached my bank statements to facilitate my mother's visa application (Stating that I support her financially for her living costs - which I do)

So, it is clear here that:

1. The visa officer did not actually correlate the bank statements with her personal circumstances and mistakenly perceived my bank statement to that of the applicant i.e, my mother. This is an error in their processing.
2. At the end of the refusal letter, it states that there is no option to "appeal against this decision or ask for any review" - where as there has been an administrative error clearly - for which we're having to pay the price.
3. Also the letter states that any new application you make will be judged on it's merit again - if your circumstances change 'significantly'. or .. "if you provide compelling new evidence with your application"

*My question:*
We're planning on re-applying for her but with an additional change in her submission:

1. In addition to her son taking care of her, she is also supported financially by her brother which she can prove using her bank statements (there are monthly transactions in to her account from him). We have not disclosed this previously because we thought it would create confusion and require double the documentation to prove that she is supported by multiple people in India.
2. there has been administrative mistake that happene previously at their end
3. Also for finances and living costs, She is also supported by her brother in addition to her son (with whom she can prove financial & family ties)
4. Provide her brother's bank statements, salary slips, undertaking and supporting letter and anything from him.

Will this be classed as a significant 'change in personal circumstances' - and dealt with on it's own ?
Will the application be looked at from this new perspective ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: visitor visa mum refused: reapplyng ...

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:45 pm

The onus is on the applicant to provide evidence of THEIR financial circumstances in the home country. Your bank statements are only a partial event to that proof. She should have submitted ALL the bank statements to show the support and family ties to home country etc. Does she have her own bank account??

UKVI have not made an error, their decision was based on evidence provided which was incomplete and did not included some of your mothers very relevant documentation,.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

joey1
Newly Registered

Post by joey1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:18 pm

Yes. My mother has bank statements which show transactions from me.

We've attached the below:

1. My mum's (applicant) bank statement (Highlighting the transactions between me & my mum)
2. My bank statements (highlighting the transactions between my mum & me)
3. A nice covering letter explaining that she is supported by me - and hence provided my documentation

What I'm trying to do with the re-application for her is:

1. Submit ALL her bank statements show the financial activity which shows that my mum us supported by me & my uncle (Who has taken care of our family since my parents separated when we were children)

2. Provide my bank statements again - to reflect the same

3. Also INCLUDE my Uncle's (My mother's sibling) bank statements and a covering letter from him stating the family ties in India.

I hope all this evidence will be considered compelling enough and look at the application.

joey1
Newly Registered

Post by joey1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:11 am

Can someone/senior members throw some light in to my situation please...

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:40 pm

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could advise. I and my spouse is a british citizen and would like to invite my mother from India on family visitor visa as my brother recently had a baby. Its her first grand child so she want to visit us. She is living by herself in India with my maternal uncle. We did applied for family visitor visa in March 2015 twice but it got rejected twice with a REASON "SHE IS LIVING BY HERSELF IN INDIA AND ECO THINKS SHE WOULD NOT GO BACK". I am supporting my mother by sending money on monthly basis through bank transfers. Could anyone suggest what can we do to get her a visa to visit family here. Or a letter from MP could be a help.

Appreciate your responses.
Thank you,

Neeraj
8 May 2012 - Applied @ VFS Jalandhar
9 May 2012- Forwarded to BHC New Delhi
18 July 2012- Sent back to VFS.
19 July 2012- Ready for collection & VISA GRANTED.. !!!