ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted COS decisions for june 2015

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GettingTier2

Re: Restricted COS decisions for june 2015

Post by GettingTier2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:15 am

fx125 wrote:Well, I dont want to disappoint u but it's the latter case. There are more than (394+100) ppl with salary from 32-46k in Jun. They didn't disclose any further info so we never know it's 495 ppl or 1495 ppl.

In my opinion, from now on, there will be domino effect and those who score lowest one will never ever be successful. Companies, of course, will raise their voice but then it will take ages for the Home Office to implement appropriate solutions. And then we, as those who experience it for the 1st time in history, are now in trouble.
I tried to contact UKVI but they claimed that they do not have such info. I guess only the MAC guys know the exact number that fell in that range.

Unfortunately, mine was declined as well...it's so harsh and it has never happened before...

There might also be a chance that it will be undersubscribed in July but who knows...It could also raise the limit to the 75k range.

If you look at the salary distribution table clearly, the 45points range is actually quite large (32~46k), and the ranges below have smaller ranges, which makes the situation for ppl with lower points tougher.

ks227

Post by ks227 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:57 pm

I have 40 points , a degree from UK and still going to this RCoS thingy , this is harsh.

I just hope the minimum point goes back to 32 in July and everyone gets a fair chance.

GettingTier2

Post by GettingTier2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:43 pm

ks227 wrote:I have 40 points , a degree from UK and still going to this RCoS thingy , this is harsh.

I just hope the minimum point goes back to 32 in July and everyone gets a fair chance.
Me too and my employer is not increasing the salary...I guess it would be the same for most employers. The policy says they cannot increase the salary to the point that exceeds what's been advertised as in RLMT.

I mean, it has already been very/super/mega tough for ppl like us to get offers and chances for employers to sponsor

WHY this particular month...

let's hope it gets back to 32 points in July, and we can host a little Tier 2 party in the UK

YANGJINGBIAO
Newly Registered

Post by YANGJINGBIAO » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:45 pm

GettingTier2 wrote:
ks227 wrote:I have 40 points , a degree from UK and still going to this RCoS thingy , this is harsh.

Me too and my employer is not increasing the salary...I guess it would be the same for most employers. The policy says they cannot increase the salary to the point that exceeds what's been advertised as in RLMT.

I mean, it has already been very/super/mega tough for ppl like us to get offers and chances for employers to sponsor

WHY this particular month...

let's hope it gets back to 32 points in July, and we can host a little Tier 2 party in the UK
We definitely throw a tier 2 party if the min points go down to 32 agian in July, aren't we? I could not agree more with your point that it has already super tough for us to compete in the market and get the offer and convince the employer to sponsor us. Life as a non-EU worker couldn't be harder. Making it worse, the UK government just want to mess with us on the basis of the stupid opinion of their so-called citizens who have rights to vote and who thinks we are a drag to the country. But the opposite is true! We are not a drag at all. We are net contributors to the UK economy, to the funding of their public services such as NHS. Can't they see?

pragu2000
Newly Registered

Post by pragu2000 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi,

Does Restricted CoS duration make any difference in getting Restricted CoS allocated?

Say CoS duration be 3 years or 5 Years.

Thanks !!

GettingTier2

Post by GettingTier2 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:29 am

pragu2000 wrote:Hi,

Does Restricted CoS duration make any difference in getting Restricted CoS allocated?

Say CoS duration be 3 years or 5 Years.

Thanks !!
I do not think so. At least I didn't see such comment on the policy guidance.

am96834
Newly Registered

Post by am96834 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:15 am

Hi,

I am supposed to join a company in London next month and as confirmed by HR the RCoS has been granted to the company in June for my employment. My concern is - RCoS is yet to be assigned to me. Looking at previous posts I believe I score 50+ points (RLMT + Salary).

How long it should take to assign RCoS and who is responsible for that? Is there anything I should be concerned about?

Would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Monika_tyagi
India

Post by Monika_tyagi » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:27 pm

am96834 wrote:Hi,

I am supposed to join a company in London next month and as confirmed by HR the RCoS has been granted to the company in June for my employment. My concern is - RCoS is yet to be assigned to me. Looking at previous posts I believe I score 50+ points (RLMT + Salary).

How long it should take to assign RCoS and who is responsible for that? Is there anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks
Hi Am96834,

How you are calculating your R-CoS points, either you are a Phd or your salary is higher than 46K or both :) ?

Thanks

am96834
Newly Registered

Post by am96834 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:47 am

Monika_tyagi wrote:
am96834 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Hi Am96834,

How you are calculating your R-CoS points, either you are a Phd or your salary is higher than 46K or both :) ?

Thanks
No.. I am not a PhD.. anyways as confirmed by the immigration firm, RCoS has already been granted so I think points total doesn't matters now.

My concern is - why they are taking so long to assign the RCoS..? Can it be assigned to anyone else? Is it possible for an employer to breach the conditional employment contract?

I've declined few other offers (including one for London) to maintain a professional attitude. I hope I don't have to regret this decision.

Thanks

Rasmita
Newly Registered

Post by Rasmita » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:12 pm

Hi All,

My concern is - my company has requested RCOS on last date of this month I.e 3rd of July as 5th falling on weekend.
I just wanted to check it there any cut off time for requesting RCOS ?

Thanks

YANGJINGBIAO
Newly Registered

Post by YANGJINGBIAO » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Rasmita wrote:Hi All,

My concern is - my company has requested RCOS on last date of this month I.e 3rd of July as 5th falling on weekend.
I just wanted to check it there any cut off time for requesting RCOS ?

Thanks
There should be a problem with the timing if your employer has requested before the 5th. There is essentially a database for employers to use. Therefore, once they request it, it shouldn't take too long for the system to record it.

stephybailey24
Newly Registered

Post by stephybailey24 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:55 pm

I had a score of 70 and I was denied........ What is going on???

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:23 pm

What was the reason stated by UKVI? Your employer must have received rejection letter. Do you know the reason why they refused it?
Shah

stephybailey24
Newly Registered

Post by stephybailey24 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:40 pm

They told me there was a high number of application and because my salary was not 46000 or more then it was denied :|

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:48 pm

If you had score at 70, either your job on PhD level or short occupation list. If either was correct, your RCoS must have been approved in June - As per HO, all valid applications that score at 50 or more have been granted. Do you know you actually score 70?
Shah

stephybailey24
Newly Registered

Post by stephybailey24 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:50 pm

I know I have 70 points. The documents were sent to me with all of that and I dont have a PHD

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:52 pm

stephybailey24 wrote:I know I have 70 points. The documents were sent to me with all of that and I dont have a PHD

Was your job code on short occupation list? In your rejection letter, did you get points of salary? If yes, how much points have you got along for salary?
Shah

cstylishsam
Mood:
India

Post by cstylishsam » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:00 pm

stephybailey24 wrote:I know I have 70 points. The documents were sent to me with all of that and I dont have a PHD
I think I understand what you are saying.

There are two categories.

points evaluated while applying for CoS and another evaluated while applied applying for visa (once CoS is assigned to you)

For getting CoS in June 50 points were required, normally this was 32. While applying for visa 70 points are required. This is calculated on CoS allocation, English degree, maintenance funds etc. hope this is helpful.

If your job is under 46000 and not shortage occupation nor PhD level job then I am sure points scored would have been less than 50

stephybailey24
Newly Registered

Post by stephybailey24 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:06 pm

cstylishsam wrote:

points evaluated while applying for CoS and another evaluated while applied applying for visa (once CoS is assigned to you)

For getting CoS in June 50 points were required, normally this was 32. While applying for visa 70 points are required. This is calculated on CoS allocation, English degree, maintenance funds etc. hope this is helpful.

If your job is under 46000 and not shortage occupation nor PhD level job then I am sure points scored would have been less than 50

I see. This was not what was explained to me. Sigh

cstylishsam
Mood:
India

Post by cstylishsam » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:10 pm

stephybailey24 wrote:
cstylishsam wrote:

I see. This was not what was explained to me. Sigh
You may check your CoS score from the URL below. Please scroll to criteria section and it is self explanatory too

http://www.findlaw.co.uk/law/immigratio ... 30431.html

stephybailey24
Newly Registered

Post by stephybailey24 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:27 pm

If your job is under 46000 and not shortage occupation nor PhD level job then I am sure points scored would have been less than 50[/quote]

Based on that, I have 30 + 10 = 40. Sigh. My salary is between 27000k - 28000k.