ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant Information

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adivk
Newly Registered

ILR Dependant Information

Post by adivk » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi

I got married to a Tier2 General Visa holder (My wife) who is a doctor working in UK since April 2010. I came to UK on Tier2 Partner visa in January 2014. Now my wife is planning to apply for ILR. Her Tier2 General visa expires in 2016 so is mine (Feb2016).

1. If she apply for ILR, what will happen to my visa?
2. Should I also apply for ILR Dependent visa?
3. If so, what are the fees for my wife and for me?

I heard that fees are gone up since April 2015 and somebody said that now there's some health sur-charge as well.

4. Is it like we both have to apply at the same time?
5. or can I apply after some period of time?

I'm really confused and am looking for genuine information. Anybody please guide me here.

Many Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Dependant Information

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:58 pm

adivk wrote:Hi

I got married to a Tier2 General Visa holder (My wife) who is a doctor working in UK since April 2010. I came to UK on Tier2 Partner visa in January 2014. Now my wife is planning to apply for ILR. Her Tier2 General visa expires in 2016 so is mine (Feb2016).

1. If she apply for ILR, what will happen to my visa?Nothing, it remains valid and you can continue to extend your visa on PBS Dependent Form (Click)
2. Should I also apply for ILR Dependent visa? If you switch to ILR Dependent (called FLR(M)), it will reset your clcok to zero for ILR and you will have to wait another 5 years (2.x 2.5 year visas) before qualifying for ILR yourself. You will lose the time spent on Tier 2 Dependent.
3. If so, what are the fees for my wife and for me? ILR fees are £1500 (plus £400 if applying in person). Fees for PBS dependent is in the link of the PBS Dep form above. As you appear to have a 2 year visa, you should apply to extend shortly before it expires, either in person or postal, and you should then be issued with a 3 year visa to make up the 5 years residency.

I heard that fees are gone up since April 2015 and somebody said that now there's some health sur-charge as well. Yes, you will need to pay the IHS Surcharge just before you submit your extension application as you need the IHS reference number. For a 3 year Tier 2 Dep extension, the surcharge is £600. IHS Surcharge. The Surcharge is NOT payable for a person applying for ILR.

4. Is it like we both have to apply at the same time? See point 3 above. Don't apply to extend your visa too soon otherwise you will have a shortfall and will have to apply for another extension to make up the few months you will be short for ILR
5. or can I apply after some period of time? See #3 an #4 above. Apply shortly before your current visa expires.

I'm really confused and am looking for genuine information. Anybody please guide me here.

Many Thanks in advance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adivk
Newly Registered

Post by adivk » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:17 pm

Hi

Many thanks for the information. Very much appreciate your fast reply. Got some more questions.

1. Currently on my Visa it says "Tier2 Partner". If my wife gets ILR, her visa will change and if I dont go for ILR dependent as you said, is my current visa will be remain as Tier2 Partner?

2. And if I go for extension for 3 year visa, will my visa be same as Tier2 Partner?

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:22 pm

1. Yes, your current visa stays the same until it expires or you apply to extend it.

2. Yes it will be Tier 2 Parnter (PBS Dependent) and once you reach 5 years residence, you can apply for ILR on form Set(O).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adivk
Newly Registered

Post by adivk » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:45 pm

Hi CR001

Thank you very much for the information. Really appreciate. If any doubts will get back again.

Regards

adivk
Newly Registered

Post by adivk » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:32 am

Hi CR001

One more question....

Does my wife need to take IELTS test again? She passed the test in 2009 before coming to UK in 2010.

Thanks

adivk
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependent Visa Extension

Post by adivk » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:05 am

Hi

I got married in India to a Tier2 General Visa holder and my wife is a doctor working in UK since April 2010. I came to UK on Tier2 Partner visa in January 2014. My dependent Visa is expiring in Feb 2016 and my wife recently got her ILR (granted in October 2015). I have some questions related to my visa extension.

1. Which Visa should I apply for? is it FLR (M)
2. Should I still need to get the sponsor letter from my wife?
3. I'm working full time as a network support engineer. Based on this, can I change my visa status?
4. If I get separated from my wife, what will happen to my visa status?
Please let me know what documentation I need to submit along with the application.

Many Thanks in advance.