ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discritionary leave to remain renewal is taking too long.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

africangirl
Mozambique

Re: Discritionary leave to remain renewal is taking too long

Post by africangirl » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:08 am

No i don't have family my case was not about family it was just a refused asylum case then i was given 3 yrs DL.

hope soon they will start replying single people without children.

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:45 pm

africangirl wrote:No i don't have family my case was not about family it was just a refused asylum case then i was given 3 yrs DL.

hope soon they will start replying single people without children.

If your circumstances haven't changed sister they will grant you don't worry. I know it's a pain to wait for something you don't know when it's gonna come but be patient.

tawanda98
Newly Registered

Post by tawanda98 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:14 pm

hi everyone I have been following this forum for some time now. I applied for my 3 yrs DL extension on 01/10/13 using form DL and I received a letter from OLCU on 20/02/15 to send evidence of subsisting relationship with my son and partner who are British citizens. They requested photos etc. I sent the evidence on 24/02/15 and received it back on 5/03/15 with a grant of 3yrs DL ending 3/03/18 and letter to do Biometrics in order to get BRP. Did the biometrics today, It seems like they are dealing with families at the moment and I''m sure you will all get DL as for myself never heard anything from OLCU apart from acknowledgement of receiving application until recently just be patient my brothers and sisters. My question is since I applied on time on 01/10/13 will I be eligible for ILR next year October as I will have had 6 years DL I heard the waiting period counts until a decision has been made?

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:01 am

@tawanda thus good news congrats you received your papers.

I think you are right they are dealing with people with families at the moment hope ours single people will come after they have dealt with all families.

will keep on hoping fingers crossed it will be before the end of this year.

I think you will be able to apply for indefinite in October coz it will be 6 years right.

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:09 pm

tawanda98 wrote:hi everyone I have been following this forum for some time now. I applied for my 3 yrs DL extension on 01/10/13 using form DL and I received a letter from OLCU on 20/02/15 to send evidence of subsisting relationship with my son and partner who are British citizens. They requested photos etc. I sent the evidence on 24/02/15 and received it back on 5/03/15 with a grant of 3yrs DL ending 3/03/18 and letter to do Biometrics in order to get BRP. Did the biometrics today, It seems like they are dealing with families at the moment and I''m sure you will all get DL as for myself never heard anything from OLCU apart from acknowledgement of receiving application until recently just be patient my brothers and sisters. My question is since I applied on time on 01/10/13 will I be eligible for ILR next year October as I will have had 6 years DL I heard the waiting period counts until a decision has been made?

@Tawanda98 so that means your 2nd descritionary leave starts from march 2015. What about the waiting period do they count it when applying for indefinite leave to remain. So in your case you are due for indefinite leave to remain in 2016.

tawanda98
Newly Registered

Post by tawanda98 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:53 pm

@africangirl thanks fingers crossed am sure everyone will hear something soon. @Bob44 yes the waiting period counts so long as your application was sent in on time. I found a link on freedom of information about it https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... iod_for_dl

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:40 am

tawanda98 wrote:@africangirl thanks fingers crossed am sure everyone will hear something soon. @Bob44 yes the waiting period counts so long as your application was sent in on time. I found a link on freedom of information about it https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... iod_for_dl

Ok thanks for the link Tawanda98 one more question if you don't mind please. Were you granted your first DL following a refusal of an asylum claim and if so when did you make your initial application for asylum. The reason am asking is i claimed asylum in Dec 2006 so my case was meant to be dealt under legacy but for some reason it was dealt under NAM. I wish they could grant me indefinite leave to remain as i want to study.

tawanda98
Newly Registered

Post by tawanda98 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:08 pm

@Bob44 yes I was granted first DL following a refusal of asylum claim (NAM). Initial claim was in February 2010 with RMJ (Refugee Migrant Justice) but they shutdown after my interview at the home office so was assigned a different law firm. My claim was refused so went to court for appeal and won on Human rights as my family are british citizens and my partner (they all attended the hearing). After all this my grant was issued in October 2010. I hope you get granted ILR soon as you can be able to study. As for me I studied for my degree BEng (Hons) and graduated in 2007 but was not able to study my masters since they changed the rules for fees for people with DLR. Saying that though its been also difficult finding work within my study field with DLR some companies don't understand it and tend to opt for ILR as its temporary leave subject for active review.

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:46 pm

tawanda98 wrote:@Bob44 yes I was granted first DL following a refusal of asylum claim (NAM). Initial claim was in February 2010 with RMJ (Refugee Migrant Justice) but they shutdown after my interview at the home office so was assigned a different law firm. My claim was refused so went to court for appeal and won on Human rights as my family are british citizens and my partner (they all attended the hearing). After all this my grant was issued in October 2010. I hope you get granted ILR soon as you can be able to study. As for me I studied for my degree BEng (Hons) and graduated in 2007 but was not able to study my masters since they changed the rules for fees for people with DLR. Saying that though its been also difficult finding work within my study field with DLR some companies don't understand it and tend to opt for ILR as its temporary leave subject for active review.
Ok cool thanks for the info bro lets hope they will sort me out soon as well.

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:59 pm

Dear Bro and Sis,

I got DLR in Jun 2011 with my wife and two sons (total 4 family members) and applied for extention last year before one month expiry but still waiting. I have been working for 2 years and 3 months for 30 hours a week and also getting working tax credit weekly 88 pounds. I am paying full housing and full council tax because my both the sons working part time, we came in this country in Sep 2008 and claimed asylum at Heathrow Airport. I am a political worker and applied asylum in the basis of persecution and torture from ruling party at that time in Pakistan, 3 years ago my leader was in exile and went to Pakistan and arrested by caretaker government formed by ruling party's President, my leader cases running in courts and he could not leave country until cases will finish (they put him in immigration exit control list) and that party is very influential and strong in all part of Pakistan and internal relocation option is very dangerous for me and my family. The current government is also supporting last government and they treated same with my leader, so my circumstances are still dangerous. Please any one kindly give me hopeful response coz I am very upset and worried about my case.

I am law abiding person and doing volunteering work with 4 organization after job once a week and integrate with local people and also at work.
Thanks

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:01 pm

Dear Bro and Sis,

I got DLR in Jun 2011 with my wife and two sons (total 4 family members) and applied for extention last year before one month expiry but still waiting. I have been working for 2 years and 3 months for 30 hours a week and also getting working tax credit weekly 88 pounds. I am paying full housing and full council tax because my both the sons working part time, we came in this country in Sep 2008 and claimed asylum at Heathrow Airport. I am a political worker and applied asylum in the basis of persecution and torture from ruling party at that time in Pakistan, 3 years ago my leader was in exile and went to Pakistan and arrested by caretaker government formed by ruling party's President, my leader cases running in courts and he could not leave country until cases will finish (they put him in immigration exit control list) and that party is very influential and strong in all part of Pakistan and internal relocation option is very dangerous for me and my family. The current government is also supporting last government and they treated same with my leader, so my circumstances are still dangerous. Please any one kindly give me hopeful response coz I am very upset and worried about my case.

I am law abiding person and doing volunteering work with 4 organization after job once a week and integrate with local people and also at work.
Thanks

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:03 pm

Congratulation brother Supadupa. I read your all comments with respected members. I pray for all and will get soon.

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Tue May 12, 2015 1:01 pm

I applied for an extension of leave on the 10th February 2014 and have been waiting for a decision. Fed up with waiting I wrote a letter of complaint to the complaints department of UKVIS on the 28th of March 2015. They responded today a good 38 days after my complaint. Their response reads

"Thank you for your email correspondence of 28 March about your outstanding application for Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR). I apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and that you feel our service did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Your application for DLR is being actively managed by the Older Live Cases Unit and we will aim to review your case by end of June. If you wish for your case to be expedited, you should write to the address below with supporting evidence to allow us to consider it further. The address to send information to is:

FAO Team Leader

Further Leave Casework (FLR DL)
Complex Casework Directorate
UK Visas and Immigration
Department 152
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN"
Their response means that they will conclude my case a good 16 months after the initial application. It is unfair and unethical and this should not be allowed to go on. My advice to everyone whose case is still outstanding is to write a letter of complaint so that they take seriously the issue of delays.

Farid_Rizwan
Newly Registered

Post by Farid_Rizwan » Thu May 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi , I have received legacy 2nd dlr today 28/05/2015 . it takes 4 month and 22 days. Every one who is waiting will get there extensions soon.

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:53 am

I wrote a letter of complaint to the UKVIS and got a response assuring me that my case would be dealt by June 2015 (having been waiting for a 16 months now). A few minutes ago I called the immigration department for an update. The officer who dealt with my enquiry was quite embarrassed to tell me that nothing had been done yet and that my case is still outstanding. He promised to raise the issue with the supervisor. However, he could not give me a time frame except to say that case submitted before October 2014 should be dealt with now.

It is interesting to note that despite having written a letter of complaint and the department having acknowledged the complaint nothing had been done about my case.

mkhari
Pakistan

Post by mkhari » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:25 am

Farid Bhai
have you receive your BRP card
did you done biometric again or they give you 5 working days to do that also when did you receive card after biometrci
MKHARI

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:09 pm

My application for a visa is still outstanding (16 months since submitting the application) and I have to move accommodation to a different city for work purposes. I have secured a property to rent and they have asked me to provide them with proof of holding a visa. The tenancy agreement reads "You will be required to bring your passport into our office along with any relevant Visas in order that we can retain copies of these for our records.If you fail to produce these original documents, we cannot allow the tenancy to commence. Please bring them with you when you come into our office to sign the Tenancy Agreement or before."

How do I go round this? Will they accept that letter from UKVI that the application is still outstanding?

Farid_Rizwan
Newly Registered

Post by Farid_Rizwan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi , MKHARI I RECEIVED A LETTER ON 22 MAY FROM HOME OFFICE RECORDED DELIVERY, THAT MY ALL DOCUMENTS SENT BACK TO MY SOLICITOR ALONG WITH ORIGINAL PASSPORT AND PREVIOUS 3 YEARS STATUS DOCUMENTS PAY SLIPS ETC , AND NEXT DAY I RECEIVED ALL DOCUMENTS FROM SOLICITOR WITH A GRANT LETTER FOR ANOTHER 3 YEARS. SOLICITOR ADVISE THEY WILL SENT BRP IN SEPARATE POST. AND 28TH MAY I RECEIVED MY BRP CARD FROM SOLICITOR.
I DID BIOMATRIC IN JANUARY FIRST WEEK. AND NEVER ASKED AGAIN.

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:34 pm

The behaviour of the immigration department is baffling to say the least. My application for an extension of discretionary leave has been outstanding for sixteen months. After going through to the complaint department they assured me that my case for DLR is being actively managed by the Older Live Cases Unit and we will aim to review your case by end of Junes 2015. SO far nothing has been done and a problem emerged.

I am in the process of moving houses and then my letting agent demanded to see my visa as part of the new renting rules. I contacted the department of immigration in Liverpool (OLCU 16) only for them to write a letter stating " Unfortunately we cannot confirm whether you have a right to rent. Please advise your estate agent that they can ring the landlord checking service 0300 069 9799 to help with your query."

I am back at square one and not amused at all.

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Further to the letter I received from the UKVI another letter came through the door today. It reads "In order to further consider your case, you are required to provide evidence that you still maintain contact with your son. Could you please submit such documents that confirms this information. Evidence may include recent child support letters, family photographs or any other documentation that would support your claim."

I have also been given a caseworker to forward the information to. Now what happens next? Please, can anybody tell me their experiences?

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Two weeks ago UK Visas and Immigration wrote to me requesting that I provide them with further evidence. On the 29th of June I send by recorded delivery the required items. Today they returned my passport. The letter reads "Please find enclosed your documents as requested." I never at any time requested a return of the passport. In all my correspondence I never requested a return of the passport. All I have asked them to do is expedite the decision. I am a bit bamboozled by the immigration response.

Has anybody had such an experience with the immigration department?

Jszahid
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jszahid » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:45 pm

fimboz wrote:
Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:20 pm
I recently wrote to the UKVI requesting that they confirm that I have leave to remain for employment purposes. They then wrote to me acknowledging receipt of my application for leave to remain. Since applying In February I had not received such confirmation. The letter then went on to state that it does not confirm whether I was entitled to work or live in the UK. It goes on to say that a prospective employer should check with the Home Office. In a further paragraph the letter then contradicts itself by saying since my application was made before my previous leave to remain had expired the previous conditions apply.

Interesting response though. I plan to write another letter querying this contradiction. Hopefully, they will get bored with me and then assess my application.
HI . All i m new to this, i have question i think FIMBOZ can help me on this can u please just tell what address can i use to write a letter to home office thanks, i have just check yr post on outher topic which is FLR(DL) FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE WAITING TIME. is there any way you can give me more info, will be realy greatfull . thanks