ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone from University of Rajasthan? Points for English lang

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arnie365

Anyone from University of Rajasthan? Points for English lang

Post by arnie365 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:11 am

Hi,
I am on Tier 1 General completing 5 years. When I first applied for Tier(as well as for extension), having selected University of Rajasthan for my BE degree in 1998; the PBS calculator was giving me 10 points.

Now it gives me 0(zero) points for degree taught in English language.

How has this changed? Is anyone from Univ of Rajasthan trying to apply for ILR?
rgds,
Arnie

arnie365

Re: Anyone from University of Rajasthan? Points for English

Post by arnie365 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi,

UKBA has replied back yesterday saying I need to take a print out of the PBS calculator.

The latest PBS calculator returns zero for the same degree that was fetching me 10 points in the previous Tier-1 applications to UKBA.

What do senior members of the board suggest that I do now?
rgds,
Arnie

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:42 pm

There are 3 ways you could resolve this

1. Get a letter from your university stating that this degree (which you have) was taught in English
2. Get a NARIC English Language Certificate (ELA). This costs £55 but they will also ask you to get degree taught in English letter from the university.
3. Give a B1 English exam which is there in HO list. This costs £150 I think but this should be straight forward easy for you I am sure

Good luck

arnie365

Post by arnie365 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:13 am

rukmesh wrote:There are 3 ways you could resolve this

1. Get a letter from your university stating that this degree (which you have) was taught in English
2. Get a NARIC English Language Certificate (ELA). This costs £55 but they will also ask you to get degree taught in English letter from the university.
3. Give a B1 English exam which is there in HO list. This costs £150 I think but this should be straight forward easy for you I am sure

Good luck
Thanks rukmesh for your help,

I am pretty surprised that Univ of Rajasthan that was earlier recognised on my previous grant of leave on Tier1 is now fetching me 0 points.

I hope that it is not a software glitch on the PBS calculator.
rgds,
Arnie