ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need visa for Switzerland?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venusvixem
Newly Registered

Do I need visa for Switzerland?

Post by venusvixem » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi,

I & my spouse are working in UK on HSMP & HSMP dependent visa . Do we need visa for travelling to Switzaerland? (Vacation for 7 days)

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Venus

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Do I need visa for Switzerland?

Post by sakura » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:41 pm

venusvixem wrote:Hi,

I & my spouse are working in UK on HSMP & HSMP dependent visa . Do we need visa for travelling to Switzaerland? (Vacation for 7 days)

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Venus
People should learn to use the search facility more.

This question was answered not long ago: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=8724

venusvixem
Newly Registered

Post by venusvixem » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:13 pm

Thanks for the link ..now one question is my visa was issued in May 2006 and is valid till May 2008 and I am planning to go in Dec. end 2007. Therefore I won't have 6 months remaining. So will that be still valid?

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:38 pm

venusvixem wrote:Thanks for the link ..now one question is my visa was issued in May 2006 and is valid till May 2008 and I am planning to go in Dec. end 2007. Therefore I won't have 6 months remaining. So will that be still valid?
I think it's the initial validity that is relevant, not how much validity is remaining.

It would be worth checking with the Swiss embassy, however.

Remember that if you're planning to cross outside Switzerland (or Liechtenstein) into the Schengen area, or to travel through the Schengen area to get to Switzerland, you might need a Schengen visa.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:51 pm

The 6 months refers to the duration of the UK visa, not how much time has to be left on it.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.