ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview attended on Tourist Visit Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ms10
Newly Registered

Interview attended on Tourist Visit Visa

Post by ms10 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi Experts,

Please advice on this -

I visited the UK on my tourist visa and I stayed for 3 weeks. During my stay, I have seen a job advert and applied as the company was providing a Tier 2 general sponsorship for the role. My main objective of my visit was just sight seeing and nothing else. However, my job application was shortlisted and I was called for a personal interview and the employer was impressed and they offered me a job.

Now they are going to apply restricted CoS for me. But my question are -

1. Did I breach any condition of my visit visa?
2. Will Tier 2 visa be refused if EO knows that I attended a job interview on tourist visa? (is this illegal)?
3. As Tier 2 rules are tighten up and I am seeing many rejections lately, will my Tier 2 application more likely to be rejected?

Please advice.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Interview attended on Tourist Visit Visa

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:34 pm

1. Well, the honest answer is Yes. I guess you know it as well.
2. Most likely, Yes.
3. Depends how the ECO reads into it. If he/she decides to do further investigation on RLMT and interview process, it would be difficult to hide it. The application form will ask you if you ever visited UK before. You will have to declare your trip as a tourist.

ms10
Newly Registered

Post by ms10 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:09 am

moonlight55 wrote:1. Well, the honest answer is Yes. I guess you know it as well.
2. Most likely, Yes.
3. Depends how the ECO reads into it. If he/she decides to do further investigation on RLMT and interview process, it would be difficult to hide it. The application form will ask you if you ever visited UK before. You will have to declare your trip as a tourist.
Thanks for your thoughts. It's very much appreciated.

Anyone else please share your thoughts too. I really worried. Please help.

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:30 am

Hi mate - hope are you doing well.

I understand your situation. Here are my thoughts to your questions -

1. Check visitor rules - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... nal_v2.pdf

You are permitted to take up interviews. However, this must be mentioned in the visa application. I don't think you would have mentioned it but it is difficult to convince EO that you did not intend to take that interview before you travelling to the UK. Therefore your visa may be refused.

My advice is that ask your employer to arrange telephone/ skype interviews when you are in home country and then apply restricted CoS.

Experts/ Manci - Please share your thoughts too.

All the best. Keep us updated.
Shah

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:59 am

I think that you should be okay, as having meetings and interviews are permitted activities in Visitors Appendix 3.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:04 pm

I stand corrected. Thanks Shah and vinny for pointing out that you can attend interviews on BV.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:31 pm

A query to vinny. Undertaking interviews is listed under Business Activities. Doesn't this imply that this is permitted on a Business visa?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:31 pm

It's a business activity that all visitors may do. There is no separate Business visa category in V1.5.
Immigration Rules appendix V: visitor rules wrote:VISITORS APPENDIX 3. PERMITTED ACTIVITIES FOR ALL VISITORS (EXCEPT TRANSIT VISITORS)

1 All visitors are permitted to undertake the activities listed in paragraphs 3 – 27 of this Appendix provided they meet the requirements at V 4.5- V 4.8. Visitors coming to the UK under the ADS agreement may only do activities in paragraph 3 of this appendix.
Under the previous rules, 41(ix) prohibited the intention of attending interviews (46G(iii)) when entering the UK. However, after entry, circumstances may change.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:08 am

Vinny - Thanks for your reply. I am bit confused now. Can you please let me know as per MS10, should be okay attending interview on general visit visa (or its allowed only on business visit visa)?
Shah

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:09 pm

in any case, they dont need to know if u attended the interview or not.. as long as the rlmt is done correctly, a restricted cos is issued, u should be fine. jobs are not offered only by attending interviews.. there are skype interviews, and many more ways recruitment is done.