ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is FPN a civil penalty or a criminal convictions?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rabirabi83
Newly Registered

Is FPN a civil penalty or a criminal convictions?

Post by rabirabi83 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Hi
Questions to the senior members please. Can you please explain, is FPN a civil penalty or a criminal convictions? And also do you need to mention in your naturalisation application form about the 1 FPN which you have received 3 years before?

Thanks.

HelloitsmeAbby
BANNED

Re: Is FPN a civil penalty or a criminal convictions?

Post by HelloitsmeAbby » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:51 pm

fpn must be declared. FPN leads to points on licence and fines.

pcn is civil matter. if only one its up to u. i have one from 2013 but didnt declare in ILR and i was told by same ncs guy to not bother declaring this time around either as its not fpn its civil matter. i just paid the £35 fine when i got the parking ticket from council on my windscreen

rabirabi83
Newly Registered

Post by rabirabi83 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:38 pm

I had FPN for £100 which i paid in the same day. I think parking ticket is also a FPN. Is not it? Anyone have HO email address where i can make this query to?

KR

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:40 pm

Well no, as its not issued by the police and does not give points...... if u get a speeding ticket or a fine for driving without insurance etc and get caught, this is fpn too....they lead to points and court action possibly.

rsa707
Newly Registered

Post by rsa707 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:46 am

rabirabi83 wrote:I had FPN for £100 which i paid in the same day. I think parking ticket is also a FPN. Is not it? Anyone have HO email address where i can make this query to?

KR
FPN (for serious traffic offence like speeding, red light, driving without insurance etc.) issued by police and lead to criminal sentence or fine by court. Meanwhile, PCN are issued by councils (generally parking tickets or minor traffic offences e.g., in bus lane etc.). PCN are civil penalties and if you paid then it is fine.
In case of FPN, if you challenge it and lost or you pleaded by post to court and got points on your licence, most probably you need to wait for three years, before you can apply. There should be only one FPN in last 12 months.
Senior members of forum can confirm this.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:30 am

rabirabi83 wrote:Hi
Questions to the senior members please. Can you please explain, is FPN a civil penalty or a criminal convictions? And also do you need to mention in your naturalisation application form about the 1 FPN which you have received 3 years before?

Thanks.
See previous answer to your previous, similar question:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 89007.html

the link in the original answer can be found here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 36725.html
- see Q5
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:41 am

yesilgozlerim wrote:Well no, as its not issued by the police and does not give points...... if u get a speeding ticket or a fine for driving without insurance etc and get caught, this is fpn too....they lead to points and court action possibly.
yesilgozlerim FPN is issued by the police. PCN is issued by the Council.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

baaghi
Newly Registered

Post by baaghi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:08 pm

Doesn't matter civil or criminal in terms of application as you got to mention both now.

"3.1 – 3.2 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the
United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices (such as
speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken
into account unless:

• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
• you have received numerous fixed penalty notices."

The seriousness of the offence (FPN or PCN) will be obviously decided by the caseworker.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:44 pm

baaghi wrote:Doesn't matter civil or criminal in terms of application as you got to mention both now.
Not necessarily. It depends, please click here for further details.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.