ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit problem

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vs004
Newly Registered

work permit problem

Post by vs004 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:07 am

My company is applying for work permit for me,but home office has asked for further details on the company even though its an established company with good credentials(though first time work permit application).The company operates on a work from home basis,so it has got one administrative office and all the IT staff(like me) work from home and commute when necessary. How will the comany answer the question for the location where i will work and evidence for it. Also it has asked for priviledged contract agreements with its clients even though i wont be working with them(clients).The company guys are very reluctant to do it and moreover it will take too long to obtain it with all the permissions.

sydney_chick
Newly Registered

Post by sydney_chick » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:48 pm

Why can't your company just say that you're working from the office? I've had 3 WPs and they have never asked that.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:33 pm

sydney_chick wrote:Why can't your company just say that you're working from the office? I've had 3 WPs and they have never asked that.
If the company's papers are in order then the HO never bother to ask these questions.