ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Child Benefit on Settlement/Spouse Visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goals22
Newly Registered

Claiming Child Benefit on Settlement/Spouse Visa

Post by goals22 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to check on whether we can claim Child Benefit.

I am a uk citizen, and my wife (who is southamerican) is on a two year Settlement/Spouse Visa. We are married and currently live in the UK.

We are planning to have a baby. I just wanted to check will we be able to claim Child Benefit during the course of this VISA. Her residency card says "no recourse to public funds", but I am a full UK Citizen so was curious if we could claim this.

Thanks

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Claiming Child Benefit on Settlement/Spouse Visa

Post by sagareva » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:32 pm

chb is claimed by one of the parents, so YOU can claim and it should not affect your wife
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:07 pm

goals22 wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to check on whether we can claim Child Benefit.

I am a uk citizen, and my wife (who is southamerican) is on a two year Settlement/Spouse Visa. We are married and currently live in the UK.

We are planning to have a baby. I just wanted to check will we be able to claim Child Benefit during the course of this VISA. Her residency card says "no recourse to public funds", but I am a full UK Citizen so was curious if we could claim this.

Thanks
You might also be eligible for Tax credits too even though its a joint claim, but it still won't effect her future residency application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:45 pm

This original post is from 2010 and the OP has not been active on the forum since 2011. I am fairly sure that the OP would have resolved his query by now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.