ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN - ILR number + present in country q's

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scooterboy
Newly Registered

Form AN - ILR number + present in country q's

Post by scooterboy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:45 am

Hi,

We are just filling out the AN form for my EU wife who is applying under ILR. We had a couple of niggling q's for the forum which I haven't found exact answers for anywhere.

1. On her ILR stamp from 2000, there are 3 numbers (two at the top, left and right) and one on the bottom. Which do we use for the home office reference number in Q1.1? (FWIW The top left is her passport number. The one next to it is a 7-number+ 1letter ref and the bottom one is two letters+3 numbers+3numbers)

2. She is a homemaker/housewife, looking after our 4 children. Although she has an NI she has never worked. How do we best establish that she was here three years prior to the date of application? Options open to us are mortgage statements, bills, carer payment she receives for one of our children. She is EU so there are no stamps in the passport.

3. She will prove language req with a Cambridge Advanced Cert she did in 1997 in her maiden name, before we were married. Is the marriage certificate enough to establish the connection between her two names (only the surname changed)

Thanks for your help.

Mark

noajthan

Re: Form AN - ILR number + present in country q's

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:10 am

scooterboy wrote:Hi,

We are just filling out the AN form for my EU wife who is applying under ILR. We had a couple of niggling q's for the forum which I haven't found exact answers for anywhere.

1. On her ILR stamp from 2000, there are 3 numbers (two at the top, left and right) and one on the bottom. Which do we use for the home office reference number in Q1.1? (FWIW The top left is her passport number. The one next to it is a 7-number+ 1letter ref and the bottom one is two letters+3 numbers+3numbers)

2. She is a homemaker/housewife, looking after our 4 children. Although she has an NI she has never worked. How do we best establish that she was here three years prior to the date of application? Options open to us are mortgage statements, bills, carer payment she receives for one of our children. She is EU so there are no stamps in the passport.

3. She will prove language req with a Cambridge Advanced Cert she did in 1997 in her maiden name, before we were married. Is the marriage certificate enough to establish the connection between her two names (only the surname changed)

Thanks for your help.

Mark
1. You may also have an official letter from HO (UKBA), relating to grant of ILR, that also has a reference number.
It will not be the passport number anyway.
You could enter the most likely one and mention the others in the 'additional information' section.

2. Any/all of these official types of documents.
See if you also have any school letters, medical letters/appointments, &/or college enrolment or evening class type documents from the appropriate time period.
Suggest submitting several letters & documents that together confirm activity and, by extension, presence in the UK.
Even if the official disregards one then hopefully taken as a whole the proof will be accepted

3. Yes, marriage certificate will demonstrate the link between the names.
Again you could note it in with a cross-reference in the 'additional information' section to remove any possible doubt.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:14 am

One of the rare cases from before 2000 when ILR was granted to EU citizens :D

1) If you do not have a Home Office Reference (typically provided in a letter when the vignette is stuck into your passport), you can leave it blank. It is an optional field.

3) What is accepted as proof of meeting language requirement is limited, both as to the specific certificate and as to time. You may want to check that a Cambridge Advanced Certificate issued about two decades ago is still recognised as valid by the Home Office here.

scooterboy
Newly Registered

Post by scooterboy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:46 am

Thanks for the speedy reply.

re.
1. You may also have an official letter from HO (UKBA), relating to grant of ILR, that also has a reference number.
It will not be the passport number anyway.
You could enter the most likely one and mention the others in the 'additional information' section.
We can't find any official grant letters and my wife seems to remember the official keeping the letter when they put the ILR sticker in the passport (it was 15 years ago so she might be mistaken!). The only official letter we have is the one for the FLR(M) grant a couple of years previously. The reference for this was her passport at the time. Obviously we can't use this as it is not ILR. I am guessing the checking clerk will do a copy of the stamp when we submit the form anyway. Just wanted to get that reference numbers right to start with. Thanks again for your help

Best wishes

Marc

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:29 am

For Question 1, The HO reference starts with the initial of surname followed by numbers( as told by NCS) My husband keft it blank but when we received the acknowledgment letter, his HO reference was showing on the letter.

scooterboy
Newly Registered

Post by scooterboy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:12 am

yesilgozlerim wrote:For Question 1, The HO reference starts with the initial of surname followed by numbers( as told by NCS) My husband keft it blank but when we received the acknowledgment letter, his HO reference was showing on the letter.
Thanks for this. The ref number on the FLR(M) did indeed start with my wife's surname as it appeared in her passport at the time. But her surname changed on the next passport and none of the refs on the ILR stamp reflect her surname (one is BM, the other LM). Thanks for the input anyway!

Best Wishes

Marc

scooterboy
Newly Registered

Post by scooterboy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:36 am

secret.simon wrote:
3) What is accepted as proof of meeting language requirement is limited, both as to the specific certificate and as to time. You may want to check that a Cambridge Advanced Certificate issued about two decades ago is still recognised as valid by the Home Office here.
Hi Secret Simon.

Thanks for this. Her qualification is listed as "No expiry" under validity (apart from the 5/11/15 final deadline for older quals) And because she got a grade C, this is equivalent to CEFR C1 - a couple of grades above the req'd level for naturalisation. We will go to NCS with Certificate, Statement of results, Candidate ID number - we have no student secret number as my wife can't recall having one (this was almost two decades ago) She also subsequently completed an HND at the London Institute, but we are sticking with the CAE as HND doesn't quite make it to degree (it is a year 2 equivalent) so it would have to be NARIC assessed.

Thanks for your help

Marc

scooterboy
Newly Registered

Post by scooterboy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:17 am

A couple of further questions in connection with filling out the form.

1.) Some of the evidence we are presenting to establish residency over the qualifying period is in the form of utility bills and council tax. I noticed that a couple of the companies have consistently misspelled our surname (replacing an "e" with an "o" in the last vowel) So the paperwork has our names and address on it with a minor error. Should we get the utilities who have made this mistake write a letter confirming they have the incorrect spelling or note it in the relevant More Info section of AN?

2.) We have requested our children's school write a letter confirming that our children have been pupils there and that my wife has been responsible for them throughout that time. We are also requesting a letter from the local medical centre, confirming that the family is registered there and that my wife has regularly attended with the children. Are there any other channels open to us, given that my wife has not worked? She has an NIN.

Thanks

Marc