ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP got rejected - Unable to contact employer - Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpasp
Newly Registered

HSMP got rejected - Unable to contact employer - Please help

Post by hsmpasp » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:16 pm

Hi All,

I am writing this post in a deep sorrow as my HSMP application got rejected. The reason they gave is " Unable to contact my employer through standard ways to verify my past earning" so rejected the application.

I have asked my employer and they said they may be out when they called but they haven't left any voice message or atleast an email.

I have some questions for you..hope someone will help me...

1. Dont they leave voice mails or emails for verification?

2. What do they mean by "Standard ways"?

3. Can I talk to my case worker to know what exactly went wrong?

4. Would it be better to go for a review or for a fresh application?

5. What are the timelines for the reviews? Would they be the same as the fresh application(I got the rejection letter exaclty in a week)?

Please help me in this...Awaiting the reply...

Many Thanks,
*N*

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:51 pm

Hi hsmpasp,

Its sad to hear about your rejection....

You can visit the following link to see case like you...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=18227

Following are the answers to your questions, which i can answer...

1. Dont they leave voice mails or emails for verification?
>> For verificaiton, Home office gives task to local British High Commission (BHC). BHC calls your employer using normal telephone and verify your information.

2. What do they mean by "Standard ways"?
>> Above mention comment is the standard way.

3. Can I talk to my case worker to know what exactly went wrong?
>> Yes, you can talk to your case worker and question about your refusal?

4. Would it be better to go for a review or for a fresh application?
>> You **must** go for review, first. You have nothing to lose.

5. What are the timelines for the reviews? Would they be the same as the fresh application(I got the rejection letter exaclty in a week)?
>> I think that timelines are reivews are almost the same.

Regards,
S.I

hsmpasp
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpasp » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi Siqbal,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Actually, I am in UK itself on WP and trying to change my status to HSMP. So there is no BHC in the picture. They case worker might have directly called my employer. I am planning to call my case worker to know what has exactly happend.

I have gone through the post which you have mentioned. Thanks for the link and sorry to know that your application has been rejected even in review. May I know how long did it take for the review. Was the time lines same as new application?

Awaiting your reply...

Many Thanks,
*N*

hsmpasp
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpasp » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi All,

I have spoken to my case worker and came to know that they have tried to contact my employer through telephone but no attempts were made to contact them through email or fax. I have asked them why not but there was no proper response. I have been asked to apply for a review.

I would be grateful if someone can let me know what to write in the "Reason for Review" in the review form.

Awaiting your reply.

Best Regards,
*N*

hsmpasp wrote:Hi Siqbal,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Actually, I am in UK itself on WP and trying to change my status to HSMP. So there is no BHC in the picture. They case worker might have directly called my employer. I am planning to call my case worker to know what has exactly happend.

I have gone through the post which you have mentioned. Thanks for the link and sorry to know that your application has been rejected even in review. May I know how long did it take for the review. Was the time lines same as new application?

Awaiting your reply...

Many Thanks,
*N*

hsmpasp
Newly Registered

*Update*

Post by hsmpasp » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:54 am

Hi All,

My review application has been approved and I received the approval letter. I am going to apply for FLR soon.

Many Thanks,
*N*

hsmpasp wrote:Hi All,

I have spoken to my case worker and came to know that they have tried to contact my employer through telephone but no attempts were made to contact them through email or fax. I have asked them why not but there was no proper response. I have been asked to apply for a review.

I would be grateful if someone can let me know what to write in the "Reason for Review" in the review form.

Awaiting your reply.

Best Regards,
*N*

hsmpasp wrote:Hi Siqbal,

Awaiting your reply...

Many Thanks,
*N*

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:16 pm

Dear N,

Many congratulations on your approval!

I am in exactly the same boat as you were. Just that the tide seems to be more against me as I am applying from India.

1. Did they make another attempt to contact the employer after the review application?

2. Did you provide further contact details (specific phone numbers/emails)of the employer in the review application?

3. What did you write in the "reason for review" ?

Please can you help me with the review letter (cover letter sent with review), this help me formulate my review application.

Regards,
CD

hsmpasp
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpasp » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:25 pm

Dear cdraina,

Below are my answers:

1. Yes, they did call my employer on telephone and enquired about my salary.
2. I have provided all those details even in my initial application but they didn't try to contact my employer through them. If you didn't, you can do that now in the covering letter.
3. I would like to apply for a review as I believe that proper attempts were not made to contact my employer before rejecting my application."

Here is the covering I have used. All the best!!! Let me know if you need any help.

Date

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Request for your Review and Re-consideration of the HSMP Initial
Approval Application of Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx with Ref: xxxxxx.

This is to bring to your kind notice that I, Mr. xxxx, have applied for the HSMP Initial Approval on the <Date of first application>. I was provided with a reference number: xxxxxx and on the <Date of first decision>, a decision was made on my Application and unfortunately, my Application was refused.

REASON FOR REFUSAL

My application was refused with a reason stating that you were unable to contact my employer, xxxxx, for verification of my previous earnings. Hence no points for previous earnings category and also for UK experience category were awarded.

I have provided the following evidence for my past earnings:

I have provided you with my last 12 month Original salary slips as 1st Evidence.
I have provided you with an original letter from my employer certifying my income claim.

MY CLARIFICATION

I have been told that you have tried to contact my employer, xxxx, by telephone but there was no response. It might be possible that they are busy and probably, there was no one to answer the phone at that time. I wish to bring to your kind notice that I have also provided the email address and the fax number but I understand that there was no attempt made to contact my employer through these means.

I would like to re-confirm to your kind self that I have earned the required income for the previous year and have paid my tax liability properly and in time so as to be eligible for the HSMP approval.

I agree that the telephone is the best means of contacting employer for verification. However, incase you are unable to contact them on phone, I would like to request you to try to contact them either by email or fax as these are the best ways to contact my employer.

I now request you to kindly Re-consider and Review the relevance of my documents and grant me the approval for HSMP at the earliest.

Should you have any queries/clarifications, please contact me on xxxxxxxxxxxx
or email: xxxxxxxx@xxx.com

Thanking You,

Very truly yours,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ref: xxxxxx.

cdraina wrote:Dear N,

Many congratulations on your approval!

I am in exactly the same boat as you were. Just that the tide seems to be more against me as I am applying from India.

1. Did they make another attempt to contact the employer after the review application?

2. Did you provide further contact details (specific phone numbers/emails)of the employer in the review application?

3. What did you write in the "reason for review" ?

Please can you help me with the review letter (cover letter sent with review), this help me formulate my review application.

Regards,
CD

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:08 am

Thanks N!

That is really well written.

Will update you once I have a decision on my review application.

Regards,
CD