ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self on ILR, spouse on PBS (Tier 2) dependent, UK entry?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jam_27
Newly Registered

Self on ILR, spouse on PBS (Tier 2) dependent, UK entry?

Post by jam_27 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi,

I have an ILR issued last year and my wife has PBS (Tier 2) dependent visa until 31 Dec 2015. My wife's PBS dependent visa is based on my earlier Tier 2 visa based on which my ILR was issued.

I moved to Germany for ~6 months in Dec 2015 on a research fellowship and will be moving back to UK with a new job shortly.

Can my wife enter UK with her current PBS dependent visa or does she have to apply for a new leave to enter UK from Germany?

Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Self on ILR, spouse on PBS (Tier 2) dependent, UK entry?

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Yes, as long as her visa is valid she can use it to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jam_27
Newly Registered

Post by jam_27 » Sun May 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Thanks, just one more question. Will my wife get an entry as a visitor or as a PBS dependent (which allows her to work as well)?

I am moving back to settle and my wife plans to renew her visa while in UK before her current visa expires.

Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2015 4:01 pm

PBS dependent
Because that is the visa that you say she currently holds, so I don't understand why you say 'visitor visa'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jam_27
Newly Registered

Post by jam_27 » Sun May 03, 2015 4:22 pm

My wife holds a PBS dependent visa. But as I have changed my job now, I was wondering if her passport will be stamped as a visitor or as a PBS dependent?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2015 4:24 pm

as a PBS dependent?
Her visa is valid so why would it be stamped with anything else regardless of your job. You obtained ILR through tier 2 so her visa remains valid until expiry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jam_27
Newly Registered

Post by jam_27 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:50 pm

I called up UKBA (paid service) in order to get some final words before I travel back to UK to take up my new job and settle.

The lady was unsure of the rules and my query kept me on hold and went to ask her supervisor. She finally advised that since my visa category has changed from Tier 2 to ILR, my wife now needs to apply for a new visa in the category of "dependent of a settled person" even though my wife's Tier 2 (PBS dependent) is still valid until Dec 2015 end. Otherwise she cannot enter UK with me!

This is thoroughly confusing. My understanding is that my wife will have to apply as a Tier 2 dependent until she qualifies for ILR herself, by filling this form before the end of her current Tier 2 (dependent) visa(https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_0415.pdf) but she can enter as long as her current visa is valid. This form is not for dependent of a settled person.

I need urgent advise so that I have enough time to apply for my wife's mew UK visa should there be a actual need. Please advise. Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:11 pm

If you obtained ILR based on tier 2, she does not have to switch visas and can continue to extend on PBS dependent form. Switching to spouse visa FLR(M) will resent her clock to zero for ILR.

UKVI are known to give incorrect advise.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jam_27
Newly Registered

Post by jam_27 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Yes, I obtained ILR based on my Tier 2 status.

Could I please request you to direct me to a UKBA link where it says that if the main application obtained an ILR based on his T2-PBS, then dependent's (spouse's) T2 visa is valid to enter UK until its expiry? A print out of this will help me during UK immigration should the immigration officer turn out be similar to the lady from UKBA I had on phone today.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:55 pm

Page 1, Introduction, point 2, second bullet point in the PBS Dependent Policy Guidance (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:56 pm

CR001 is correct, the entry clearance officer will know the rules!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:00 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jam_27
Newly Registered

Post by jam_27 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Update: me and my wife entered UK without any problems. thanks everyone.